DBP 27 at DePaul 28 Final

54 minutes ago, BNU04 said:

Either Charlie Lamorte was God awful, or there was a serious case of cronyism involved in naming the starting Bosco QB for this season. This shit is sad to watch! 🤬

Can you expand, meaning do you think Bosco is better than depaul?

I thought DePaul was a big bigger and faster.  

Bosco’s secondary wasn’t great and after that 3* transferred to DePaul last week, it got worse.  The secondary ultimately lost the game giving up the 50-yard TD and then tge 25-yard 2-point conversion   

james was running up the middle for at least 5 yards a pop.  The DL wasn’t great   

there we’re a few WR drops.  

And the QB was average or a bit worse.  Definitely not worse than J Batts or Wes McCoy.  But definitely not great.  He fits in perfectly with a not-great team   

wasn’t the pick 6 off the receiver’s hands?

im not sticking up for the QB—he’s average at best—but the rest were average at best too.  

I heard lamorte wasn’t doing well in a bad league.  

but I trust your take 

Edited by Testadura

Idk much about CL's skill set as a QB, but I've watched Bosco’s offense appear handcuffed to the new qbs inability to make simple throws. That pic 6 he threw was the nail in the coffin.  It's hard to imagine CL was worse than that after having 3yrs in that offensive system. 

8 minutes ago, BNU04 said:

Idk much about CL's skill set as a QB, but I've watched Bosco’s offense appear handcuffed to the new qbs inability to make simple throws. That pic 6 he threw was the nail in the coffin.  It's hard to imagine CL was worse than that after having 3yrs in that offensive system. 

You might be right.  This QB is underwhelming.  He’s just there. 

but I don’t think this team is any good, which I guess is why I didn’t focus on how below average he is.  

that pick 6 hit a receiver’s hands 1st.  Not catchable but a deflection 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Testadura said:

Can you expand, meaning do you think Bosco is better than depaul?

I thought DePaul was a big bigger and faster.  

Bosco’s secondary wasn’t great and after that 3* transferred to DePaul last week, it got worse.  The secondary ultimately lost the game giving up the 50-yard TD and then tge 25-yard 2-point conversion   

james was running up the middle for at least 5 yards a pop.  The DL wasn’t great   

there we’re a few WR drops.  

And the QB was average or a bit worse.  Definitely not worse than J Batts or Wes McCoy.  But definitely not great.  He fits in perfectly with a not-great team   

wasn’t the pick 6 off the receiver’s hands?

im not sticking up for the QB—he’s average at best—but the rest were average at best too.  

I heard lamorte wasn’t doing well in a bad league.  

but I trust your take 

Bro, McCoy beat the #1 team in the nation (St. Thomas Aquinas). This guy just lost to a 3-5, group 3 school, that lost to Pope John! Wes threw 6tds/2int before being benched. Ole buddy has 7td/7int and counting... you're joking right?

4 minutes ago, BNU04 said:

Bro, McCoy beat the #1 team in the nation (St. Thomas Aquinas). This guy just lost to a 3-5, group 3 school, that lost to Pope John! Wes threw 6tds/2int before being benched. Ole buddy has 7td/7int and counting... you're joking right?

No.  McCoy was bad.  You had to keep him to 6 throws a game.  And they did.  But he could move.  Very hard to sack.  And he didn’t lose games except if you blame him indirectly for no production.   But he didn’t throw more than 6-8 times a game.

STA had negative 1 yards rushing at the half.   That why we won.  2 times we got the ball inside their 10 due to a fumble or special-teams play.  We ran it in.  Hanks was a beast.  

McCoy was a very good WR.  He left as a Jr and came back as a Sr with conditions.   He was never benched until the last game against Joes at home.  I saw him play every game.  Those were his stats for the season.  6 TDs or whatever.  He didn’t make dumb plays but he couldn’t make good plays either.  

He was awful that final Joes game at Bosco at night.  DeVito as a sophomore finally came in, and Bosco started a come back.  Wes struck again.  He stopped a perfect bullet in his chest and hands in the end zone.  

he was someone we just nicely want to forget.  

13 minutes ago, Testadura said:

No.  McCoy was bad.  You had to keep him to 6 throws a game.  And they did.  But he could move.  Very hard to sack.  And he didn’t lose games except if you blame him indirectly for no production.   But he didn’t throw more than 6-8 times a game.

STA had negative 1 yards rushing at the half.   That why we won.  2 times we got the ball inside their 10 due to a fumble or special-teams play.  We ran it in.  Hanks was a beast.  

McCoy was a very good WR.  He left as a Jr and came back as a Sr with conditions.   He was never benched until the last game against Joes at home.  I saw him play every game.  Those were his stats for the season.  6 TDs or whatever.  He didn’t make dumb plays but he couldn’t make good plays either.  

He was awful that final Joes game at Bosco at night.  DeVito as a sophomore finally came in, and Bosco started a come back.  Wes struck again.  He stopped a perfect bullet in his chest and hands in the end zone.  

he was someone we just nicely want to forget.  

With all that said, you'd be blind if you said current is situation is better

5 minutes ago, Testadura said:

Separately I thought of you as I was driving home.  I remembered the Grim Reaper, one of my favorites.  It’s been a pleasure to see some good kids and games.  Those years and games right after Peppers left saw some real battles.  That slight DE could play.  

Joe Bacas (Slim reaper).