2018       29.2                0                        10

2017       41.2                 2                         8

2016       47.1*                0                         6

*Lost to Liberty NV 21-14

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The lowest SOS of the Top 6 teams. 

20220708_111530.jpg

Here is WL h2h record v each of the top 6 the past 8 seasons (Todd D tenure)

WL: 5-1

1-0 v Allen

2-0 Katy 

1-1 NS

1-0 SLC

Edited by Horsefly
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Yup. And those are usually the only T100 wins they get annually. Never knew the teams in their district were so bad until doing this exercise. 

But it’s relevant if you’re going to show SoS. They’ve done very well v the other top teams.  

Of those top 6, WL and NS have the most impressive wins h2h v the other top 6 programs 

the argument can never be WL doesn’t play the better teams in Texas, they have. 

Edited by Horsefly
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

There's no doubt they're an elite team within the state. 

But you were trying to show they weren’t with the SoS with no context given.

I also see you like showing the Liberty loss but ignore their losses to LT in their 2 games played that same year: 100-10!  (No one in their right mind equates the ‘16 team to the latter versions that won 3 peat titles) 

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

But you were trying to show they weren’t with the SoS with no context given.

I also see you like showing the Liberty loss but ignore their losses to LT in their 2 games played that same year: 100-10!  (No one in their right mind equates the ‘16 team to the latter versions that won 3 peat titles) 

Wrong again. I was justifying why I'd never start them in my Preseason Top 10 rankings. Their annual SOS is way too low compared to the other elites.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Wrong again. I was justifying why I'd never start them in my Preseason Top 10 rankings. Their annual SOS is way too low compared to the other elites.  

Why are you singling out WL to discuss when you have STA and Buford ahead of them in your rankings with similar or weaker SoS? 

why didn’t you do an analysis on Buford or STA? 

once again your fascination with trying to take jabs at Texas is obvious. 

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

Why are you singling out WL to discuss when you have STA and Buford ahead of them in your rankings with similar or weaker SoS? 

why didn’t you do an analysis on Buford or STA? 

once again your fascination with trying to take jabs at Texas is obvious. 

You're being too sensitive again. We all know where STA stands nationally. Remember, they beat SJB a few season ago and have dominated FL for years. Buford plays Thompson AL and Mallard Creek NC early on so we'll see where they stand rather quickly. And their in-state dominance at every level is unprecedented. In the end, it's not where you start....

6 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

You're being too sensitive again. We all know where STA stands nationally. Remember, they beat SJB a few season ago and have dominated FL for years. Buford plays Thompson AL and Mallard Creek NC early on so we'll see where they stand rather quickly. And their in-state dominance at every level is unprecedented. In the end, it's not where you start....

every post you make about a Texas team is some BS negative slant! 

my comment is very straight forward. You rant about WL SoS being the factor for why they will never be in your top 10 in preseason. My question is where the hell is your posts and records on STA and Buford then.? They aren’t in your top 10 either, are ranked higher than WL with similar sos.  

why is it necessary to give us a reason why WL, who is your #14 team,  is not in the top 10 and ignore the other 3 teams ranked ahead of them? 

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

every post you make about a Texas team is some BS negative slant! 

my comment is very straight forward. You rant about WL SoS being the factor for why they will never be in your top 10 in preseason. My question is where the hell is your posts and records on STA and Buford then.? They aren’t in your top 10 either, are ranked higher than WL with similar sos.  

why is it necessary to give us a reason why WL, who is your #14 team,  is not in the top 10 and ignore the other 3 teams ranked ahead of them? 

Because WL fane were questioning my decison on Twitter. I directed them to my analysis on this site. You're not the only TX poster here. 

5 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Because WL fane were questioning my decison on Twitter. I directed them to my analysis on this site. You're not the only TX poster here. 

why wouldn’t you respond back to them on Twitter instead of here?  You literally threw out some sos numbers and gave no context as to why.  Lol

Edited by Horsefly

Not this again. OH BUT, if for some reason Austin Westlake started using the PGL services Joe would be raving about them non-stop. 

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Never knew the teams in their district were so bad until doing this exercise. 

They have absolutely no control of who they play in District. They play who they get. Take it up with the UIL for that.

Now, for Non-District, sure they might not have stellar OOS opponents in their schedule but they've been scheduling formidable programs from Dallas and Houston recently. Just because it's not your cup of tea doesn't mean they're terrible.

Okie bye! =]

Edited by WILKINSON
  • Like 1

Westlake didn’t ask, beg, petition or politic for mythical opinion national rankings. I highly doubt the coach cares about that. I bet he does care about winning every time he steps on the field. Especially the district and playoff games. 

Running the 6A Texas playoff gauntlet is no joke. I can guarantee you that if Westlake goes 16-0 and finishes number 3,5,7 or 9th nationally behind private traveling circuses not one fan, player, coach, or administrator from Westlake will lose a wink of sleep. 

Would it be cool to see Westlake play an comparable OOS game? Definitely. It is prerequisite for respect? Definitely not!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Mallard Creek? They were 783rd nationally last year. Went 6-5. How is anyone suppose to see where Buford stands on that one?

Just my opinion but you might wanna tone down the “OOS or nothing” rhetoric because it could rub people the wrong way. And what if your criticism gets back to coaches at Westlake or Jesuit? Keep everything neutral. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

Just my opinion but you might wanna tone down the “OOS or nothing” rhetoric because it could rub people the wrong way. And what if your criticism gets back to coaches at Westlake or Jesuit? Keep everything neutral. 

No way. My opinions will always be front and center. When have I never kept it real? Hence, why I'll never charge for my services.  

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

Westlake didn’t ask, beg, petition or politic for mythical opinion national rankings. I highly doubt the coach cares about that. I bet he does care about winning every time he steps on the field. Especially the district and playoff games. 

Running the 6A Texas playoff gauntlet is no joke. I can guarantee you that if Westlake goes 16-0 and finishes number 3,5,7 or 9th nationally behind private traveling circuses not one fan, player, coach, or administrator from Westlake will lose a wink of sleep. 

Would it be cool to see Westlake play an comparable OOS game? Definitely. It is prerequisite for respect? Definitely not!

Can't win a MNC without at least one quality, OOS victory. 

44 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Can't win a MNC without at least one quality, OOS victory. 

You're not picking up what we're putting down bud.

I doubt Austin Westlake has aspirations of being Mythical National Champions. Their goal is to win State Titles in Texas. Same goes for North Shore. Not everything about HSF revolves around MNCs or being a nationally relevant, top-tier, top of the totem pole, cream of the crop, super elite program. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WILKINSON said:

You're not picking up what we're putting down bud.

I doubt Austin Westlake has aspirations of being Mythical National Champions. Their goal is to win State Titles in Texas. Same goes for North Shore. Not everything about HSF revolves around MNCs or being a nationally relevant, top-tier, top of the totem pole, cream of the crop, super elite program. 

I get it. Then you can't expect to be highly ranked in a NATIONAL poll. 

11 minutes ago, pied said:

FIFY - it's clear you're trying to make a point.  It also is clear, that you are pretty lonely in that thinking and criteria.  Any thoughts on how other rankings will rate WL preseason?  Closer to 7 or closer tp 14?

Your rankings            Maxpreps

1.  SFA                                 SJB 

2.  SJB                                 MD 

3.  MD                                  SFA 

4.  IMG                                  IMG 

5.  Centennial                     STA 

6.  BG                                  BG 

7.  Chaminade                     Westlake  

8.  Miami Central                Chandler 

9.  St John's                        Centennial

10.  Saguaro                       GP North Shore

11.  STA                               Buford

12.  DBP                              Saguaro

13.  Buford                           Chaminade

14.   Westlake                    Thompson

I consult with MP and HSFBA monthly. Most of the Top 25 teams will be the same, just in different orders. As the season progresses, they should be more united. As we all know the preseason polls mean nothing and are just used to illicit debate and reaction.