Columbiafan Florida Preseason Preview (State Rankings on page 3 of thread)

Starting tomorrow I'll release a tier rankings for various regions in Florida as we head into the season 

Note: the teams are listed in a general range and are not exact ranking order but it will give you an idea where some teams stand in their area heading into the season before I release my Florida top 50 at the beginning of August

Edited by Columbiafan
  • Like 1

Does Columbia make the top 50 in Florida? 

The reason I ask is Calpreps had Columbia 99th in all of Florida. Even if they were off by 20-30 spots that would put them in the 70’s. 

Have they improved that much? Do they return a huge core that’s ready to take the next step? Remember they only beat one good team all year and that team got revenge when it counted. 

And Bolles held them to -60 yards for the entire game. Did the offense improve that much? 

Nolebull813’s top 25 July edition 

1 STA

2 Chaminade 

3 Miami Central 

4 AHP

5 Lakeland 

6 Cardinal Gibbons

7 Jesuit 

8 Venice 

9 Apopka

10 Seminole 

11 MNW

12 Edgewater

13 TBT

14 Jones

15 Dillard

16 Jax Tc

17 Cocoa

18 Bolles

19 Columbus 

20 Homestead 

21 Rockledge

22 Buchholz

23 Gulliver Prep

24 Pine Forest

25 Treasure Coast

Edited by Nolebull813

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

The reason I ask is Calpreps had Columbia 99th in all of Florida. Even if they were off by 20-30 spots that would put them in the 70’s. 

Have they improved that much? Do they return a huge core that’s ready to take the next step? Remember they only beat one good team all year and that team got revenge when it counted. 

And Bolles held them to -60 yards for the entire game. Did the offense improve that much? 

They do return plenty of talent and now have one of the best QBs in North Florida

They looked like a borderline top 50 team because of their defense against Bartram Trail but based on what I found out after the game and knowing how many players were down at the time with Injuries I came out of that game very confident in where they stand heading into the season and that was before getting a 3* QB to transfer in 

The top 50 will come in the fall but calpreps usually sucks with Florida in the early going and they are way off with Columbia

Nolebull813’s top 25 July edition 

1 STA

2 Chaminade 

3 Miami Central 

4 AHP

5 Lakeland 

6 Cardinal Gibbons

7 Jesuit 

8 Venice 

9 Apopka

10 Seminole 

11 MNW

12 Edgewater

13 TBT

14 Jones

15 Dillard

16 Jax Tc

17 Cocoa

18 Bolles

19 Columbus 

20 Homestead 

21 Rockledge

22 Buchholz

23 Gulliver Prep

24 Pine Forest

25 Treasure Coast

This isn't too much different than what I had though I think Buchholz is a bit high but at least when Columbia beats them week 1 they will more than justify their top 50 status 😂

• Haha 1

They did smash a decent AHD team that handled a tough early season schedule and made the playoffs

And I will point out that Columbia was down their best offensive weapon since the Madison game on a late hit, Columbia likely beats Madison and avoids the 4 seed had they gotten through that game which could have changed their entire playoff standing

Bolles game did expose the biggest issues of Columbia being the OL as a good bit of reason they finished with negative yards was because they gave up sack after sack after sack 

Tyler Jefferson transferring in may help that because of him being a dual threat QB it will force the front 7 of defenses to have to prepare for that which will change how the pass rushers go after him which could also open up the running game and while the OL wasn't looking that great in the spring game I was told after the fact that they were down several starters and Columbia was mostly playing with backups on the OL, I do think Buchholz week 1 will test it as they have a UF commit on the DL 

Without further adieu here's the first of the tier regional rankings with the panhandle

Panhandle

Tier 1

Pine Forest

Niceville

Tier 2

Tallahassee Lincoln

Tallahassee Rickards

Escambia

Navarre

Tier 3

Madison County

West Florida

Wakulla

Florida High

Gadsden County

Mosely

Pensacola Catholic

Tier 4

North Florida Christian

Milton

Pace

Pensacola Washington

Godby

Baker 

Vernon

• Like 1

2 hours early but decided to go ahead and add North Central Florida tiers 

Same rules as before apply

North Central

Tier 1

Columbia

Buchholz

Tier 2

Vanguard

Baker County

Hawthorne

Union County

Chiefland

Tier 3

Bradford

North Marion

Dunnellon

Gainesville

Trinity Catholic

Tier 4

Suwannee

Fort White

Ocala Forest

West Port

Trenton

Newberry

• Like 1

Hell I would have Trinity Catholic ahead of Columbo. 

let me fix it for you 

Tier 1 

Baker County, Vanguard and Buchholz

Tier 2 

OTC, Columbia, Dunnellon, North Marion

Tier 3 

Union Co, Gainesville, Chiefland, Bradford, Hawthorne

Tier 4 

Who gives a shit 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Bro your just naming the teams at this point. 

And that list reeks of blind homerism. Lol. 

Columbia over Vanguard and Baker County? Are you smoking crack mixed with PCP?? What criteria could you have used to possibly come up with that nonsense? 😂

Actually knowing what the teams have coming back 

Hell I would have Trinity Catholic ahead of Columbo. 

let me fix it for you 

Tier 1 

Baker County, Vanguard and Buchholz

Tier 2 

OTC, Columbia, Dunnellon, North Marion

Tier 3 

Union Co, Gainesville, Chiefland, Bradford, Hawthorne

Tier 4 

Who gives a shit 

And that's why I'm the one who's doing the rankings

I actually do my research

• Haha 1

8-3 Dunnellon chops down Madison County - Tier 3!!!

6-5 Columbia gets boat raced by Madison County - Tier 1 baby!!!!

Madison County talent has been depleting and their coach left 

And Columbia vs Madison was a 1 possession game until the 2-3 minutes when Columbia fumbled the ball on their side of the field and it went into the end zone 

You know details you would know if you were at the game, don't be like lowndes loser on that other chicken shit board who looks at MaxPreps and pretends to know everything about games when in reality that doesn't tell anyone a damn thing

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

As for Buchholz I was ready to have them tier 2 but I guess they must have gotten a few transfers in so I played it safe and kept them at tier 1 since they play Columbia week 1 it will be settled on the field 

Columbia loses that game convincingly (31-14 type game) and solidifies Columbia as a tier 3 just in the North Central region which is one of the worst regions in FL 😂

Seriously though. Columbia doesn’t return so much firepower and everyone else is depleted that Columbia is at the top of the hill looking down at all the other suckers in the North Central. 

And you do know average players that return from an average team dont make the team elite. It’s like returning 11 starters from a defense that gave up 40 points a game. Lol 

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

Seriously though. Columbia doesn’t return so much firepower and everyone else is depleted that Columbia is at the top of the hill looking down at all the other suckers in the North Central. 

And you do know average players that return from an average team dont make the team elite. It’s like returning 11 starters from a defense that gave up 40 points a game. Lol 

Have you not paid attention

They have the best QB in the area and isn't most always arguing that QB is the most important position?

Columbia has 2 4* players on defense in addition to a 3* WR. With the now 3* QB coming in they are similar to Buchholz on paper

Additionally, Columbia owns Buchholz who has 1 win over Columbia since 2008 and the last time they played Columbia won 39-0 at citizens field (Buchholz shared home stadium with Gainesville and Eastside), while that doesn't matter for this year's game the fact is that Columbia may actually return the best core of talent of anyone in the area 

My rankings are designed to be fluid so I can drop and rise teams as they win or lose games to teams above and below them 

If Buchholz wins then they rise and Columbia drops but looking at the matchup I favor Columbia over Buchholz

11 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Columbia loses that game convincingly (31-14 type game) and solidifies Columbia as a tier 3 just in the North Central region which is one of the worst regions in FL 😂

Buchholz won't score 31 on Columbia defense if they look anything like they did when I saw them against Bartram Trail in the spring 

I remember one drive where Bartram Trail had 8-10 plays inside the 10 yard line on a single drive and the end result was a TD for Columbia on a fumble recovery 

That's a defense that doesn't just break and fold 

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

Buchholz won't score 31 on Columbia defense if they look anything like they did when I saw them against Bartram Trail in the spring 

I remember one drive where Bartram Trail had 8-10 plays inside the 10 yard line on a single drive and the end result was a TD for Columbia on a fumble recovery 

That's a defense that doesn't just break and fold 

Spring games mean zero. A coach for a 10-0 team said he lost in the spring to a 0-10 team. It’s like preseason NFL

Baker County returns a 1300 yard rusher and 3 guys from a front 7 that combined for 46 sacks!!! 

Kevin Mays has building a consistent winner at Baker County. And to say weak ole 6-5 Columbia is a tier above them is laughable. 

getting some 1A QB transfer is not gonna put you guys over the top. 

You are doing ranking based on your emotions and feelings and not unbiased research. I would fire you if you were being paid for this. LMAO

9 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Baker County returns a 1300 yard rusher and 3 guys from a front 7 that combined for 46 sacks!!! 

Kevin Mays has building a consistent winner at Baker County. And to say weak ole 6-5 Columbia is a tier above them is laughable. 

getting some 1A QB transfer is not gonna put you guys over the top. 

You are doing ranking based on your emotions and feelings and not unbiased research. I would fire you if you were being paid for this. LMAO

It won't be unbiased when Columbia beats Buchholz week 1

People thought I was crazy ranking Tampa Jesuit over Miami Northwestern and was the ONLY person to do it 

Who won 6a and that matchup head to head last season?