Columbiafan Florida Preseason Preview (State Rankings on page 3 of thread)

2 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

What has Naples done to earn it? Vanguard? Mainland? Rockledge? 

Yet those teams will most likely be ranked top 25 in some FL polls out there 

I don't rank for the past I rank for the present and future, that's why when every other person out there ranking 6A last year picked Miami Northwestern I was the only one to pick Jesuit and was the only ranking last year IN THE ENTIRE COUNTRY to get all 8 champs right 

Some like Courtney would say that you got lucky last season. Let's see how 2022 goes. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Some like Courtney would say that you got lucky last season. Let's see how 2022 goes. 

Some call it luck but when you look at the picks I made, most of those picks were easy and the one gamble I took ended up being right 

I think it was more about reading into it and realizing Jesuit had came up so close the last few years and MNW was down so I felt it was a perfect storm 

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

Some call it luck but when you look at the picks I made, most of those picks were easy and the one gamble I took ended up being right 

I think it was more about reading into it and realizing Jesuit had came up so close the last few years and MNW was down so I felt it was a perfect storm 

What State Champion did you pick that was looked at like and underdog and you just got it right? Looking back all the favorites won. 

9 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

What State Champion did you pick that was looked at like and underdog and you just got it right? Looking back all the favorites won. 

Not in preseason

In preseason every other media outlet in the country had MNW over Jesuit, the media outlet I did rankings for last year (I did all the rankings work and published it on their website) was the only one to rank Jesuit higher in preseason

And no I didn't just take a guess 

I knew MNW was down and felt Jesuit was due for a state title after coming up so close for the previous few years against much better teams than MNW was heading into last year

Just as Dr Phillips won in 2017 after coming up short for a few years 

17 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

What has Naples done to earn it? Vanguard? Mainland? Rockledge? 

Yet those teams will most likely be ranked top 25 in some FL polls out there 

I don't rank for the past I rank for the present and future, that's why when every other person out there ranking 6A last year picked Miami Northwestern I was the only one to pick Jesuit and was the only ranking last year IN THE ENTIRE COUNTRY to get all 8 champs right 

https://news.scorebooklive.com/florida/2022/08/04/sblive-sports-florida-preseason-football-power-25-img-academy-is-no-1

@Nolebull813 @GardenStateBaller

as I said 

there would be a poll out there that ranks Pine Forest and Vanguard in top 25 even though Columbia on paper is better and look at that, only took 1 day to be proven right 

also Buchholz is ranked in top 25 and Columbia is argubly better on paper 

I don't focus on the past I focus on this year, that is why of all the factors I consider the record of the team LAST SEASON holds the lightest weight in consideration of any factor considered and it really is just where I start them at before I do research and adjust them so it's basically nothing more than a pre baseline of where to start from 

At the end of the day I am very confident in where I ranked the team and regardless of what the 173 idiots that are on that other site think I know I can rank Florida better than any of them and the fact the only fault they can pick is where I placed Columbia just shows how good of a job I did that they had to accuse me of bias to attack the work because it's all they can come up with 😂

I could also throw in Baker County which on paper is very thin, they do a lot with their limited talent but on paper Columbia firepower is far deeper than Baker County

People could say well talent isn't everything and yet it's not hard every year to point to examples of teams with limited success in the past getting ranked high because of talent

3 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

You can’t run to rivals and see who has more star players to decide who is the better teams. Maybe at the top where they are loaded but if you see Pine Forest with 2 - 3 stars and Columbia with a 4 star and 3 star then Columbia is better. That’s asinine.

I don't but are you suddenly saying talent isn't important?

If that's the case why are a lot of these schools out there who get transfers suddenly thrust to the top of rankings? 

Maybe we should rank DFB as top 25 in Florida because they been at that level the last decade? You can't have it both ways because if we go off the past and not look at what a team has for the current season you end up with rankings similar to what some polls do which is just taking the final standings of last year and copying and pasting that as their preseason rankings 

6 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

You can’t run to rivals and see who has more star players to decide who is the better teams. Maybe at the top where they are loaded but if you see Pine Forest with 2 - 3 stars and Columbia with a 4 star and 3 star then Columbia is better. That’s asinine.

People want to use talent to push for Certain teams but when it's not a team they want to promote suddenly talent doesn't matter 

24 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Past seasons only matter if a team is basically around the same average talent level of past seasons 

In the case of Columbia they have their deepest on paper roster in 20 years, this isn't an average season of talent in the building

No one cares about five or 10 years ago. And there are extreme cases like Deerfield beach losing their whole team. But if you run to some recruiting database and think judging team solely on there do you want talent then you were going to get yourself in trouble. 

like I said I’m not talking about teams with 10 Division I guys. i’m talking about teams with one or two or even three. 

4 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

No one cares about five or 10 years ago. And there are extreme cases like Deerfield beach losing their whole team. But if you run to some recruiting database and think judging team solely on there do you want talent then you were going to get yourself in trouble. 

like I said I’m not talking about teams with 10 Division I guys. i’m talking about teams with one or two or even three. 

Past results equals let's bring up 2015 -Los

I use the talent from 24/7 to show that on paper there is no separation between Columbia, Naples, vanguard, mainland, Rockledge and Pine Forest

Of all those teams only Pine Forest has made the finals in the past decade so if recent success matters 5 of those teams are in the same boat so you can't justify Ranking Naples or Vanguard or rockledge over Columbia for anything more than personal preference as using your own logic and the logic of these hambrains like the three musketeers of clown with not even half of 24 brain cells these teams are all the same 

That is exactly why I focus on this year because sure looking at past years might help sometimes if your a Miami Central or STA who always has talent but for these teams you don't actually know what your gonna get

Pine Forest could be another Escambia who has one great year and gets to finals then turns back into a 2nd round playoff team, but to completely ignore a team that is on paper as good as all those teams mentioned because of a past record is idiotic because if anything gets proven every year a team can always come out of nowhere with a few new pieces thrown into the equation

I can also point out that Columbia last year in addition to having Tray Tolliver go down during the Madison County game and have his season ended and have a QB go down in the Riverside game also was a team that had a head coaching change halfway through summer so Coach Jackson only had about a month before August to try and get the team ready 

He now had a full off-season and now has more talent at his disposal than any Columbia team in the past 2 decades, judging Columbia by the past will result in people looking like dumbasses by the end of the season 

13 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Again I never judge solely on that but I'm not gonna ignore it and just say "well this team was ranked this and that in 2020 and 2021 by calpreps so they will definitely suck this year or hey this group lost to a freshman Valdosta team 2 years ago so they will suck 

I actually look at facts and that's why those clowns without brain cells will never be half the expert I am 

chris-jericho.gif.122fe5b18eb48a58291cbcb6ca96d1b1.gif