#11 SFA 7 at ESL 13 Final

32 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

National rankings are subjective; hence the reason it is “Mythical National Championship”.

How many states are actually gunning for a MNC? 

California, Florida, Georgia?, Texas?, Ohio?, Maryland?, DC? 

Now of those states, and maybe states, how many teams are realistically going for a MNC?

Thing 1, Thing 2, IMG, SFA, and Miami Central maybe. That is about it.

The minority of the HSFB scene is either playing Oos to put their states in the mix for power state I.e. Hawaii, Utah, etc… or playing for a mythical national championship I.e. Florida, California.

The majority of the high school world wants to run their state and lift a real trophy and celebrate an actual championship at the end of the year. 

I beg your pardon! Plus we cut a check for $5,000 to our MNC!!

#1 2023.jpg

1 hour ago, SeaShells21 said:

National rankings are subjective; hence the reason it is “Mythical National Championship”.

How many states are actually gunning for a MNC? 

California, Florida, Georgia?, Texas?, Ohio?, Maryland?, DC? 

Now of those states, and maybe states, how many teams are realistically going for a MNC?

Thing 1, Thing 2, IMG, SFA, and Miami Central maybe. That is about it.

The minority of the HSFB scene is either playing Oos to put their states in the mix for power state I.e. Hawaii, Utah, etc… or playing for a mythical national championship I.e. Florida, California.

The majority of the high school world wants to run their state and lift a real trophy and celebrate an actual championship at the end of the year. 

Most states have multiple state Champs so even ur argument doesn't hold up. Multiple teams in certain states are going to raise a trophy in December 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

Well yes, but they will still be running their states in their specific classifications. They are still a part of running their state; hence why you see such little oos action.

The overall goal is they will be state champions. 

You can't have 15 teams saying we run a state. It's absolutely garbage 

8 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

California Open Division champion is always California #1.

Texas 6AD1 champion is typically #1. 

Florida always has IMG ranked #1.

It’s usually the largest classifications state champion.

Yea I get that because they have the most kids. Again from hours ago most programs like 95% of programs don't mean anything on national level

Lol no one represents a state, this isn't government. Who's the best? I'm going to typically go with the largest class champ unless the two have played and the smaller class won, which does happen. In IL last year MC 7A edged Loyola 8A by a TD. So despite LA's playoff run being more impressive (8A runner up dismantled 7A runner up) I'd go with MC. But I'm never going to give you #1 if you didn't have to go through any other top state teams.