#10 SFA 14 at #6 Chaminade-Madonna 35 Final

• GardenStateBaller changed the title to #10 SFA 14 at #6 Chaminade-Madonna 28 Q4
2 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

SOS is our top criteria here. Would you rather have SFA be 2-0 after today beating slappies? 

SFA is playing a brutal schedule but you have to beat some of those teams if your gonna play 

Can't go schedule 7 top 10 teams and lose all of them and say you should be ranked up there with those teams

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hsfbfan said:

Yes but this isn't college football. There isn't a true national championship. There isn't a playoff. We really domt have a true conclusion at the end of the year so really ranking in HS football nationally is basically useless. Espn capitalized on it to intrigue people to tune in

USA today was ranking national champs back in the 80s, ESPN may have commercialized it but they weren't the first to capitalize on high school sports on a national scale 

Just now, pied said:

If you watch this SFA team and think they're an elite team, then that's on you.  They look to be a ~5-5 team.

In addition to not being great on te field, they are undisciplined and that just cost them a chance to get the ball back.  A sideline infraction on 4th and 6?  Come on now...

They are always undisciplined. 

11 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

SOS is our top criteria here. Would you rather have SFA be 2-0 after today beating slappies? 

I agree that SFA is playing a top schedule. And no I would not rather have them beat slappies. But they do need to be competitive. In these 2 games they look unprepared and outmatched. They need to be competitive in these games to be considered a top tier team, which they are not right now.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

I agree that SFA is playing a top schedule. And no I would not rather have them beat slappies. But they do need to be competitive. In these 2 games they look unprepared and outmatched. They need to be competitive in these games to be considered a top tier team, which they are not right now.

Yeah I have to agree 

Ton of respect for SFA not backing down but they can't get blasted and get a free pass because the teams are good, scheduling and losing every big game proves nothing

Edited by Softballguy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• GardenStateBaller changed the title to #10 SFA 14 at #6 Chaminade-Madonna 35 Final
8 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Sometimes you win the big games, sometimes you lose.   For example Central has quite a few big OOS losses, but they've also won a bunch.   You're going to lose games when you schedule tough.  It is what it is.    

Yeah but when Miami Central lost SJB and Bishop Gorman back to back people were quick to question them despite having a lot of OOS success prior to that 

1 hour ago, pied said:

Agree 100%.  If you don't know who these teams are, you would have stopped watching some time ago.

Short run for Chaminade and a face mask PF against SFA.  

I did when it was 14-7. Found myself snoring on the couch. 

48 minutes ago, pied said:

If you watch this SFA team and think they're an elite team, then that's on you.  They look to be a ~5-5 team.

In addition to not being great on te field, they are undisciplined and that just cost them a chance to get the ball back.  A sideline infraction on 4th and 6?  Come on now...

They beat DS by 40 last season. No TX is considered Tier 1 or elite as of today.