All Eyes on Georgia This Week

23 hours ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

Georgia's record vs National program opponents is about to get alot worse.

This weekend is going to be a Big Black Eye for South Georgia. Valdosta is going to wish Propst was still calling the shots. 49-14 Massillon. Colquitt will be out-coached, and aside from a couple of studs, top-to-bottom DF is as good as Moultrie. Probably better on the lines. 35-24 Dutch Fork. If Buford can keep it close for the first half, the Wolves have a slugger's chance of keeping their game competitive. Bufords problem will be having to deal with SFA’s depth. If Buford can prevent St Francis from maximizing their depth. A lot of ifs. SFA 41-21.

Edited by JCGIII
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, JCGIII said:

This weekend is going to be a Big Black Eye for South Georgia. Valdosta is going to wish Propst was still calling the shots. 49-14 Massillon. Colquitt will be out-coached, and aside from a couple of studs, top-to-bottom DF is as good as Moultrie. Probably better on the lines. 35-24 Dutch Fork. If Buford can keep it close for the first half, the Wolves have a slugger's chance of keeping their game competitive. Bufords problem will be having to deal with SFA’s depth. If Buford can prevent St Francis from maximizing their depth. A lot of ifs. SFA 41-21.

SFA is only traveling with 50-55 players. Depth may be their issue! 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Yes, and they only lost by 19. Conversely, TX Champ DeSoto lost to SFA by 40!! 

I think Knotts thought it would be helpful to give the kids a bit of a drubbing after underperforming at the end of the previous season.  Depends on how you define "play with," but I highly doubt Tommy thought DF had any realistic chance against a team that you had as last season's preseason #1, if memory serves.

31 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

SFA is only traveling with 50-55 players. Depth may be their issue! 

That's enough quality depth. Especially if SFA can rotate between the tackles. A luxury I don't believe Buford has. I hope to be proven wrong. Naturally, I would like to see the Georgia teams play well and win. But I'm not feeling it. A huge downgrade at Valdosta coaching-wise with the new guy. Plus their talent level doesn't seem to be overwhelming. Colquitt is in for 48 minutes of Hell. They might pull it off. But DF won't be intimidated or bothered by the heat and humidity. And Tom Knotts has forgotten more football than the chump in Moultrie.

Edited by JCGIII
  • Like 1

I wonder how much reputation is weighing against Georgia teams this week. Reputation of their opponents. Valdosta is going to represent. They will leave Ohio still the winningest program, no matter what. Colquitt at Colquitt? No doubt. It is hard to beat them in Moultrie.  I know this from being there. Buford is my question mark. They are talented enough, they have good coaching and they are a complete team. They are more than capable of competing against anyone.

We shall see how the ball bounces come Friday. It may be the defining and deciding factor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JCGIII said:

That's enough quality depth. Especially if SFA can rotate between the tackles. A luxury I don't believe Buford has. I hope to be proven wrong. Naturally, I would like to see the Georgia teams play well and win. But I'm not feeling it. A huge downgrade at Valdosta coaching-wise with the new guy. Plus their talent level doesn't seem to be overwhelming. Colquitt is in for 48 minutes of Hell. They might pull it off. But DF won't be intimidated or bothered by the heat and humidity. And Tom Knotts has forgotten more football than the chump in Moultrie.

Buford is going to get annihilated.   And it won't be their fault, and they will probably win state in their classification.  Only The Stache and SJB can handle SFA.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

Buford is going to get annihilated.   And it won't be their fault, and they will probably win state in their classification.  Only The Stache and SJB can handle SFA.

At times during their game, STA toyed with SFA. Made them look pedestrian. 

3 hours ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

Could JN have built a program at San Clemente that could have been in this conversation? 

1 hour ago, JCGIII said:

Could JN have built a program at San Clemente that could have been in this conversation? 

Highly doubtful

SJB is located near north long beach and near the intersection of 3 major freeways, so they can draw from Long Beach Poly 500,000 population, plus their reach extends about 50 miles north, west, and east due to the freeway situation.  Plus they have a very supportive admin to give them carte blanche.

7 hours ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

Highly doubtful

SJB is located near north long beach and near the intersection of 3 major freeways, so they can draw from Long Beach Poly 500,000 population, plus their reach extends about 50 miles north, west, and east due to the freeway situation.  Plus they have a very supportive admin to give them carte blanche.

Then returning Carson or Banning to their glory days would be a pie job.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2023 at 11:54 AM, JCGIII said:

Awesome win by Buford!!!!

Kudos for them in scheduling a National program, now they get to reap the rewards.

Congrats to the Georgia guys

• Like 2

On 8/17/2023 at 4:52 PM, Sammy Swordsman said:

It was a reasonable assumption going in.  Buford is better at the LOS than I thought.