BC 45 vs DBP 0 Final

I went to the Bosco/Manatee and Bergen/Plant doubleheader years ago and walked away a Bosco fan that night. Loved watching the toughness from Toal. He is the grandfather of NewJersey HSFB. His Bosco teams put New Jersey on the map. I will always cheer for Bosco unless they are playing a Florida team. Go Ironman!!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

If Bosco wins this will be the 3rd New Jersey state champ that Florida chopped down 

I would think that would have been the case since when I was in HS.  

what, maybe 7-10 teams in Fla could beat us at least some of the time this year???

Edited by Testadura
Typo

On 11/23/2022 at 2:41 PM, Nolebull813 said:

I went to the Bosco/Manatee and Bergen/Plant doubleheader years ago and walked away a Bosco fan that night. Loved watching the toughness from Toal. He is the grandfather of NewJersey HSFB. His Bosco teams put New Jersey on the map. I will always cheer for Bosco unless they are playing a Florida team. Go Ironman!!!

Unless you go back to the 90s and see all the great Union NJ teams. 5 top 25 finishes if my memory is good. Most all inside the top 5.

And of course before that was BC and Passaic who finish #2.

And of course there was that national championship won by Garfield over the Florida power, in the 40s I believe.  After sleeping on the train the night before the game.

But yeah, football in nj started in 2010. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, noonereal said:

Unless you go back to the 90s and see all the great Union NJ teams. 5 top 25 finishes if my memory is good. Most all inside the top 5.

And of course before that was BC and Passaic who finish #2.

And of course there was that national championship won by Garfield over the Florida power, in the 40s I believe.  After sleeping on the train the night before the game.

But yeah, football in nj started in 2010. 

It was 2009 actually 

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

I was making a point that Toal made NJHSFB mainstream. I never said there wasn’t good football in the state being played at any time in history. I said Toal made it national 

It was the internet, mass comunication that busted open the long held myths about only the south played good football. 

I was explaining this to you back in 2000 on the old USA today board, recall?

Anyway, best to you and your family!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

I was making a point that Toal made NJHSFB mainstream. I never said there wasn’t good football in the state being played at any time in history. I said Toal made it national 

Nole.  Happy Thanksgiving.  Yes, you are right.  We started seeing the same team over and over, and visiting OOS.  

Bergen was 10 in 82.  Passaic 3 in 83.  Joes, BC, Union, Hackensack, Hoboken, Ramapo, Randolph, all got in to the top 25, some a few times.  But one wonders whether those rankings just had a spot reserved for NJ.  Some years NJ might have been ranked too low.  

all good.  This is great stuff for the Believers.  

• Thanks 1