BC 45 vs DBP 0 Final

15 minutes ago, Testadura said:
49 minutes ago, MickeyBern said:

So Where does Bosco go from here??

I met 2 PC dads on the way out before my fun with Bosco dads, and said what you just only more negatively.  They said Bosco’s freshman were the tops.  Even better than PC’s and DePaul’s.  

they return 2 starting OL.  Bush, James, mays, all 4 LBs, and 4* Jordan.  Probably a couple of others   

Mays and James have P5 offers.  

but having said that, Bosco’s imposed an understandable ceiling on themselves.  BC for instance has better players.  Bosco hasn’t really been chasing the best as hard as they can for 10 yrs.  

so, Bosco has limited itself.  They’ll be competitive now and again but we had a DB out there who is listed at 6 feet, 140.  Are you kidding me?  We’ve never had obese DL.  We have 2.  This was Bosco’s worst D in 20 yrs.  I’ve said that since Spalding or the next NJ game after.  They’re not making mistakes—they’re just not good.  No one wanted to believe that but it was so obvious.  Now it’s not disputable.  

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

In 2003 DBP beat BC 49-8. In 1991 BC beat Bosco 54-0. Neither loss adversely affected those losing teams long-term. It's one game. Both of these programs will last forever and always flourish more often than not. 

You left some of his persuasiveness out.  

8 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Mr. Sad Sack picked DBP to win and always knocks his team's DC DeBellis. Tonight I guess they're all geniuses!! LOL 

Listen, read my posts.  Even read my old posts.  90% of them said how bad Bosco’s D was.  Worst in 20 years—easily.  And I always knew how good Bergen was.  31-7 wasn’t real.  

bergen was terrific.  On either board, the shit talking was at a minimum and designed to bust balls.  

it was humiliating and disappointing.  But it’s over.  And it’s probably the right result.  

7 minutes ago, Testadura said:

Listen, read my posts.  Even read my old posts.  90% of them said how bad Bosco’s D was.  Worst in 20 years—easily.  And I always knew how good Bergen was.  31-7 wasn’t real.  

bergen was terrific.  On either board, the shit talking was at a minimum and designed to bust balls.  

it was humiliating and disappointing.  But it’s over.  And it’s probably the right result.  

Like you posted earlier each team goes 50/50 in the long-term. Dynasties no longer exist in NJ HSFB. 

39 minutes ago, Testadura said:

I met 2 PC dads on the way out before my fun with Bosco dads, and said what you just only more negatively.  They said Bosco’s freshman were the tops.  Even better than PC’s and DePaul’s.  

they return 2 starting OL.  Bush, James, mays, all 4 LBs, and 4* Jordan.  Probably a couple of others   

Mays and James have P5 offers.  

but having said that, Bosco’s imposed an understandable ceiling on themselves.  BC for instance has better players.  Bosco hasn’t really been chasing the best as hard as they can for 10 yrs.  

so, Bosco has limited itself.  They’ll be competitive now and again but we had a DB out there who is listed at 6 feet, 140.  Are you kidding me?  We’ve never had obese DL.  We have 2.  This was Bosco’s worst D in 20 yrs.  I’ve said that since Spalding or the next NJ game after.  They’re not making mistakes—they’re just not good.  No one wanted to believe that but it was so obvious.  Now it’s not disputable.  

Well, that is kind of what I'm getting at..DBP is a nice program but more often than not they will be beat.  and BC has the Defense that wins championships 

14 minutes ago, Testadura said:
15 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Like you posted earlier each team goes 50/50 in the long-term. Dynasties no longer exist in NJ HSFB. 

But Bosco doesn’t go hard after the players you need.  1 DB was 6 feet, 160. The other, 6 feet, 140.  None is P5 or 4.5.    We had 2 DL looking like fat Albert.  Did you hear a LB’s name called.  I watch the games very closely   Their LBs are taken out almost every play   No pursuit.  No containment   But the D is just bad, which is ok with that O.   

the PC dad and friend I was chopping it up with had a kid, a 6’1” CB as a freshman.  BC had a 4* DB back there.  Bosco tried to use WRs as DBs—Amari and Cosby.  Amari is a 3* WR.   He hasn’t been used in weeks other than kick returns and some D   

And Sabella coached very poorly tonight.  2x in the red zone in q1, and no scores.  He forgot how to run his offense.   

their special teams look like freshman. Where’s the weight room?

The problem with Bosco this year was their D coordinator. The guy stinks. T, he worked at NH a few years ago & they fired his ass. This defense was definitely the worst BT (before Toal). Their special teams also sucked this year. Sabella is now 0-3 in state finals at Bosco. He needs to be held accountable & hire better coaches. He went out & brought back Chuck G, he now needs to reach out to Darius H & bring him back to run the defense. I agree T with the conditioning of the linemen, good to be big but not fat. We were totally out coached tonight & need to look at how we are doing things.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Mr. Sad Sack picked DBP to win and always knocks his team's DC DeBellis. Tonight I guess they're all geniuses!! LOL 

I can't argue that..I was very surprised by this outcome but I have to hand it to the coaching staff and especially Tony DeBellis who had his Defense pitch 2 shutouts to end the year. Vito as well, he motivated these kids and they responded. 

Edited by MickeyBern
grammar

8 hours ago, prep82 said:

The problem with Bosco this year was their D coordinator. The guy stinks. T, he worked at NH a few years ago & they fired his ass. This defense was definitely the worst BT (before Toal). Their special teams also sucked this year. Sabella is now 0-3 in state finals at Bosco. He needs to be held accountable & hire better coaches. He went out & brought back Chuck G, he now needs to reach out to Darius H & bring him back to run the defense. I agree T with the conditioning of the linemen, good to be big but not fat. We were totally out coached tonight & need to look at how we are doing things.

I have a question with regards to your premise. We've debated on this board all season if the Bosco D was correctible or was there just a lack of overall talent on that side of the ball where a different coach wouldn't make a difference. Do you believe with a different coach would have had a different result? not just last night but overall?

34 minutes ago, MickeyBern said:

I have a question with regards to your premise. We've debated on this board all season if the Bosco D was correctible or was there just a lack of overall talent on that side of the ball where a different coach wouldn't make a difference. Do you believe with a different coach would have had a different result? not just last night but overall?

My 2 cents:  minimal.  They lacked horses.  They lost matchups.  I could never find the LBs.  They are critical with a 3-man front.  We needed a 4-4-4 but you’re not allowed 12, and we don’t have a Batts or Brennan to hold down the fort using a 4-4-3.  And our LBs weren’t good enough to play a 4-3-4.  Probably our interior DL wasn’t good enough to play a4-3-4, either.  Not without Bisontis or Moreno   

The game was simpler in my day, but I and we were always around the ball.  They don’t shed blocks.  No pursuit.  No stringing out the backs.  Missed tackles.  These are things you only see when you’re overmatched.   These Os are all better than 10 yrs ago, also.

When Bisontis was in—same coaching—he was pushing 2 BC OL into the backfield.  That’s an extreme example but those guys are gone.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1