St John Bosco 7 Mater Dei 17 Final

Yours truly will be spending all day Friday with Coach Negro and SJB leading up to the Braves game vs Mater Dei in Santa Ana. From the uniform handout to the bus ride to the sidelines to the final whistle of the game, I'll be documenting every minute of it here on NationalHSFB.com. I'm extremely excited to finally experience this "event" live and in-person! 

@dntn31 @BB BOS 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PDE769 said:

Tickets sold out before they was available to the public, They should have play the game at SoFi Stadium. I was on go fan tickets and the game was never posted. That sucks will be watching the game on bally sports 

Happens every season. We'll be posting live pics and updates here for those unable to tune-in on Bally. 

16 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Yours truly will be spending all day Friday with Coach Negro and SJB leading up to the Braves game vs Mater Dei in Santa Ana. From the uniform handout to the bus ride to the sidelines to the final whistle of the game, I'll be documenting every minute of it here on NationalHSFB.com. I'm extremely excited to finally experience this "event" live and in-person! 

@dntn31 @BB BOS 

What an awesome experience for you!   Definitely a "bucket list" item and one you'll always remember!

#1 vs #2 and you will get 100% immersion 

• Like 1

These two teams are 1 and 2 in most of the polls. I won't be surprised if the loser falls no lower than 2. They will meet again in the playoffs. The unfair part of this is if there's a split the team who wins the second game will mostly win the MNC as a one loss team. So in reality the MNC isn't for other schools to try and win, but moreso for either MD or SJB's to lose.

2 minutes ago, MC ROCKETS said:

These two teams are 1 and 2 in most of the polls. I won't be surprised if the loser falls no lower than 2. They will meet again in the playoffs. The unfair part of this is if there's a split the team who wins the second game will mostly win the MNC as a one loss team. So in reality the MNC isn't for other schools to try and win, but moreso for either MD or SJB's to lose.

I disagree as there are too many undefeated, elite teams still in the Top 5. The loser should drop further than you're assuming. 

9 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I disagree as there are too many undefeated, elite teams still in the Top 5. The loser should drop further than you're assuming. 

Maybe in your poll. You're entitled to disagree, but if this game is close and comes to the last drive, the loser won't drop lower than #3 with a chance to move to #1 in the rematch. 

Edited by MC ROCKETS

26 minutes ago, MC ROCKETS said:

Maybe in your poll. You're entitled to disagree, but if this game is close and comes to the last drive, the loser won't drop lower than #3 with a chance to move to #1 in the rematch. 

Bingo. When the 2 best teams play, somebody has to lose. That does it mean that the team that loses is all of a sudden worse than other teams.

11 minutes ago, MC ROCKETS said:

But as I said before, no other team gets a chance to win the MNC...unfortunately. 

If either MD or Bosco wins out the whole thing is a mute point. Gorman had the best chance this year if they had beaten MD and MD beats Bosco. But I agree with you, I really don't see any way that either MD or Bosco is #1 in every poll at the end of the year (except this poll). 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

If either MD or Bosco wins out the whole thing is a mute point. Gorman had the best chance this year if they had beaten MD and MD beats Bosco. But I agree with you, I really don't see any way that either MD or Bosco is #1 in every poll at the end of the year (except this poll). 

If the two TL teams split, I believe at least three polls (ours, MP and USAT) will have an undefeated team as final #1. Your forgetting about the Geico Bowl. There are so many elite, eligible teams at the top this season that the event will actually by meaningful this season: SFA, BG, MC, STA, C-M, Buford, Chandler, etc. That extra game and win will be the difference. 

• Like 1