St John Bosco 7 Mater Dei 17 Final

3 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

I’m going to have to nominate St. John Bosco a.k.a. “Thing 2” for the dungeon tier, please.

@Sammy Swordsman

We all saw what happened last night.

I thought they played pretty well.  Their 1 turnover was the difference.  

SJB beats everyone else in the country with the possible exception of The Bishop 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BB BOS said:

It was a 7-7 game with under 5 mins to play, with a backup QB too.

How was it not a close game. MD played a perfect game by not making any mistakes, the players executed better in the final 5mins.

Who said it wasn’t close? As you said, the game was not decided until the 4th. I wouldn’t say MD played a ‘perfect’ game. Both defenses are great, although the offenses were both pretty vanilla. The Clarkson pick was atrocious. 

So, a collection of high school all-stars from all over Southern CA (and other areas) beat a another team with a collection of high school all-stars from all over Southern CA (and other areas)?

YAWN.

I remember not that long ago when those cheering for these CA all-star teams were mocking IMG Academy. 

My, how HS football has fallen…..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

So, a collection of high school all-stars from all over Southern CA (and other areas) beat a another team with a collection of high school all-stars from all over Southern CA (and other areas)?

YAWN.

I remember not that long ago when those cheering for these CA all-star teams were mocking IMG Academy. 

My, how HS football has fallen…..

Kudos to the power publics like Allen, DS, MC (beat IMG), Corner Canyon, Cen10, Cedar Grove (beat SJC), ESL, Kahuku, Mililani, PCC, Venice, Los Al, etc. who schedule the best privates in order to challenge themselves and make their teams better. In he end both winning and losing to an elite, power private is a Badge of Honor!! 

• Thanks 1

The only problem I have with the Privates school is taken students in there senior years. That's leaves the publics school to make up that loss. Three of the SJB starter where Cent10 starting seniors RB, CB and WR. Just think how much better Cen10 will been. If players transfer their So and Fr year I would have no problem. But taken them there senior year, that tough. Just my opinion. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, PDE769 said:

The only problem I have with the Privates school is taken students in there senior years. That's leaves the publics school to make up that loss. Three of the SJB starter where Cent10 starting seniors RB, CB and WR. Just think how much better Cen10 will been. If players transfer their So and Fr year I would have no problem. But taken them there senior year, that tough. Just my opinion. 

You're only as strong as the strength of your State Association. There are many states where the above scenario would NEVER EVER be permitted. The CIF is lackadaisical in this respect, hence why these senior transfers occur. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PDE769 said:

Unless money is exchanging behind closed doors, then you can’t fault the players from trying to get the maximum out of their high school athletic experience. I don’t think it would be fair if someone affiliated from SJB was paying studs to transfer, but if the kids wanted to leave on their own I have no problem with that. As long as the team benefitting isn’t talking shit about being superior after the infusion of talent.