2023 Broward County National Football Showcase (Aug 24-26, 2023)

5 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Where are all the high profile teams interested in going to Georgia? Why does FL have to play all of them all the time? Send some national top 10-25 teams to GA. non bordering states need not inquire 

Considering how FL is kicking GA ass so far in relevant games if these top teams get sent to GA they may go back to playing exclusively winless teams out of fear of embarrassment

10 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The following high-profile, OOS teams have already showed interest in next year's event!:

SJB

SFA

CBR

The 7 Broward teams will remain the same less Stranahan. 

I'm not sure how much say you have directly in the Broward teams but I would recommend Coconut Creek or Miramar as good replacement options for stranahan

Coconut Creek is solid this year and could be next year if they don't get raided by another school, Miramar is a bit safer a pick though as they tend to not really lose a bunch of players to other schools so they are a good option and both are more talented than stranahan so having a lower level OOS team vs one of those 2 may end up being a decent matchup (both would have been a decent matchup for LCA and both would have beaten Rock Creek)

Maybe even Fort Lauderdale Calvary Christian could be an option if you have a few non powerhouses from OOS coming in and wanted another private school from Broward in the event 

They could hang with some mid range OOS team but I wouldn't recommend throwing them against a SJB or SFA type team 

7 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

I'm not sure how much say you have directly in the Broward teams but I would recommend Coconut Creek or Miramar as good replacement options for stranahan

Coconut Creek is solid this year and could be next year if they don't get raided by another school, Miramar is a bit safer a pick though as they tend to not really lose a bunch of players to other schools so they are a good option and both are more talented than stranahan so having a lower level OOS team vs one of those 2 may end up being a decent matchup (both would have been a decent matchup for LCA and both would have beaten Rock Creek)

Those two plus Monarch are being considered for 2023. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The following high-profile, OOS teams have already showed interest in next year's event!:

SJB

SFA

CBR

Cedar Grove GA

GC

The 7 Broward teams will remain the same less Stranahan. 

I mean I’m a Central Rocket so my opinion might not count but it’s football and giving that team or any team a chance to show up and or get better is great…kicking them out because they lost don’t really sit right they hung in there with an decent elite team in my opinion 

• Like 1

On 8/31/2022 at 10:52 AM, Columbiafan said:

Maybe even Fort Lauderdale Calvary Christian could be an option if you have a few non powerhouses from OOS coming in and wanted another private school from Broward in the event 

They could hang with some mid range OOS team but I wouldn't recommend throwing them against a SJB or SFA type team 

The OOS teams will be elite next year.