Mr. Football's Top 50 Composite Poll Powered by Prep Gridiron Logistics: Week of 11/28/23

30 minutes ago, Scott Coffee said:

Composite rankings

Number ranking IMG over BG----just you 

Number of games won (not counting forfeits) ---

IMG 9

BG 11

Massey SOS 

BG 14th (57.32)

IMG 32nd (52.92)

SJP 123rd

Cent 4th

Quality over Quantity FOREVER!!! 

PS... IMG won a Natty in 2020 with a record of 8-0. 

2 hours ago, Scott Coffee said:

True, but not exactly apples to apples--the west coast teams were virtually out of the mix due to CoVid.

Many a truncated HSFB season.  MD played just 5 games, SJB 6 and BG 2.

PA played 12 games, TX played 15, AL played 14, UT played 14, IN played 14, OH played 11, AZ played 10, CO 9, etc.

CA bungled the Covid epidemic in so many ways. The HSFB World needed to move fwd that season and it did so beautifully without The Golden State. 

1 minute ago, SeaShells21 said:

In this composite poll, Bishop Gorman is ranked #1 with rankings 1, 2, 4, 1, 2, 2, 1, with Mater Dei closely following at #2, and Chaminade and DeSoto at #3 and #4.

IMG Academy is in the #5 position with rankings 4, 8, 8, 4, 3, 5, 5.

St. Joseph’s Prep is #11 with rankings 7, 25, 25, 9, 9, 7, 7.

IMG has stronger SOS than BG (45.2 vs 44.2)

IMG has best win amongst the two teams (#6 SJP)

IMG opponents have a higher winning % than BGs (.657 vs .628)

IMG has three (3) wins vs probable State Champions (SJP, BD, Glenville)

BG played an all-public schedule

BG bailed on MD late in the summer to play LBP

6 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

In this composite poll, Bishop Gorman is ranked #1 with rankings 1, 2, 4, 1, 2, 2, 1, with Mater Dei closely following at #2, and Chaminade and DeSoto at #3 and #4.

??? MD is ranked #1 in the @misterfootball Top 50 Composite Rankings. This is the most reliable HSFB composite poll because it includes every national pollster. 

3 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Quality over Quantity FOREVER!!! 

PS... IMG won a Natty in 2020 with a record of 8-0. 

In Cali the 2020 season was played in the Spring of 2021. MD finished ranked #1 by Massey and Calpreps for what was actually considered the 2020 season. 
But we would never claim to have won anything in 2020. IMO if you don’t have playoffs, you can’t claim anything.

4 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

In Cali the 2020 season was played in the Spring of 2021. MD finished ranked #1 by Massey and Calpreps for what was actually considered the 2020 season. 
But we would never claim to have won anything in 2020. IMO if you don’t have playoffs, you can’t claim anything.

I respect your opinion. Independents like IMG and SFA can never be excluded from winning a MNC because teams are afraid to play them. In fact it's the opposite. They'll always considered to be the best UNTIL they're beaten. 

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I respect your opinion. Independents like IMG and SFA can never be excluded from winning a MNC because teams are afraid to play them. In fact it's the opposite. They'll always considered to be the best UNTIL they're beaten. 

How about considering the best team the best?

3 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

IMG has stronger SOS than BG (45.2 vs 44.2)

IMG has best win amongst the two teams (#6 SJP)

IMG opponents have a higher winning % than BGs (.657 vs .628)

IMG has three (3) wins vs probable State Champions (SJP, BD, Glenville)

BG played an all-public schedule

BG bailed on MD late in the summer to play LBP

You realize simply repeating the same arguments doesn’t make them any stronger, right?

As to composite polls, what SeaShell21 is obviously referring to is a composite which leaves out your poll because, and I am speculating here, it is the outlier as no other poll ranks IMG as highly nor BG as lowly.

Earlier you were touting “quality over quantity’’ —-same is true with polling, hence excluding a clear outlier might actually make a composite more reliable rather than less—whether that outlier be your poll or, for example, cal-preps which you have argued has a bias toward Cali teams.  Simply put, including bad data in a composite does not enhance reliability.

Edited by Scott Coffee

19 minutes ago, Scott Coffee said:

You realize simply repeating the same arguments doesn’t make them any stronger, right?

As to composite polls, what SeaShell21 is obviously referring to is a composite which leaves out your poll because, and I am speculating here, it is the outlier as no other poll ranks IMG as highly nor BG as lowly.

Earlier you were touting “quality over quantity’’ —-same is true with polling, hence excluding a clear outlier might actually make a composite more reliable rather than less—whether that outlier be your poll or, for example, cal-preps which you have argued has a bias toward Cali teams.  Simply put, including bad data in a composite does not enhance reliability.

I have to repeat my arguments every time a different poster asks for them. 

Any composite which doesn't include all national pollsters is meaningless. It's either all or none. Eliminating one of them to improve your teams ranking is cheating! Note that our poll is included in BOTH the MaxPreps and High School Football America composites. See below. 

18 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I have to repeat my arguments every time a different poster asks for them. 

Any composite which doesn't include all national pollsters is meaningless. It's either all or none. Eliminating one of them to improve your teams ranking is cheating! Note that our poll is included in BOTH the MaxPreps and High School Football America composites. See below. 

This looks good.  

I am not disagreeing with including the poll, just pointing out that bad data can spoil everything, is like a worm in an apple. 

BTW, what makes a poll a ‘’national poll” and what makes it worthy of inclusion? For example, why not include White Shoes Top 100? I am assuming it’s because it’s an opinion list with a sample size of 1.

This brings me back to a question I still haven’t gotten answered—how many voters in your poll? And before you repeat that this isn’t college football and that several “polls” are ran by lone individuals, please notice that I am not asking who is running anything…I don’t care who runs the poll.

What I am asking a simple question: How many voters decide your poll? It’s clearly not a algorithm, is it vote or just the determination of a single knowledgeable source, meaning you?

7 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Right?? If my poll sucks so bad, why does MP and HSFA include it in their own composite polls? 

I didn’t say it sucks.  Congratulations on being included—that’s saying something.  But it’s either MD or BG.  

and isn’t it “our” poll?

7 minutes ago, Scott Coffee said:

I am not disagreeing with including the poll, just pointing out that bad data can spoil everything, is like a worm in an apple. 

BTW, what makes a poll a ‘’national poll” and what makes it worthy of inclusion? For example, why not include White Shoes Top 100? I am assuming it’s because it’s an opinion list with a sample size of 1.

This brings me back to a question I still haven’t gotten answered—how many voters in your poll? And before you repeat that this isn’t college football and that several “polls” are ran by lone individuals, please notice that I am not asking who is running anything…I don’t care who runs the poll.

What I am asking a simple question: How many voters decide your poll? It’s clearly not a algorithm, is it vote or just the determination of a single knowledgeable source, meaning you?

With 400+ satisfied clients nationally, yours truly is the #1 promoter of HSFB games and events in America. No human being on Earth watches more games annually than I. Over the past three years we've infused over $500,000 into the game of we love. MaxPreps and HSFA realize how important and invaluable we to the sport. Hence, why they include our poll in their prestigious composite polls annually. 

3 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

With 400+ satisfied clients nationally, yours truly is the #1 promoter of HSFB games and events in America. No human being on Earth watches more games than I. Over the past three years we've infused over $500,000 into the game of HSFB. MaxPreps and HSFA realize how valuable we are to the sport. Hence, why they include us in their prestigious composite polls. 

Roy’s semi-down when he hears you rolling like this.  

• Haha 1