Top 5 biggest upset OOS wins so far (based on computer rankings)

3 minutes ago, pied said:

You may be correct on students transferring from let's say a Cedar Hill school in MS to let's say Duncanville before 9th grade, I'm not certain a transfer form is necessary or not.

It's also VERY unlikely that a 9th grader is going to have a material impact on the varsity team in most 6A teams, much less the teams that are at the top level.

There are quite a few kids around the country that fake their address around the nation.  If they transfer they need to have a PAPF signed off on by their releasing school.

Your third paragraph is pure conjecture. 

5 minutes ago, pied said:

There are quite a few kids around the country that fake their address around the nation.  If they transfer they need to have a PAPF signed off on by their releasing school.

That's a check mark.  Why would you not do that,  if you're doing it yourself? Looking at Desoto, Cedar Hill and Duncanville. 

3 minutes ago, pied said:

I'm with you and think that certainly may happen and think the article you quoted said the same.  All coaches/schools have different thoughts and ways to approach that.  

You'd like to think that the coaches/ADs are all doing the right thing for the player and answering honestly, but I'm certain that's not always the case.  There is the recent (yesterday) case of the kid ho transferred to Southlake Carroll.  Was not given a clean PAPF by the sending school, the district committee upheld that and denied eligibility, the state appeal board did the same, but the in rare case reversed the decision and he's eligible now.  

There were some extenuating academic concerns that were confusing during the state hearing, but cleared up and they reversed the call.  

From what I've seen, including from people from the sending district it appears to be the correct decision.

When there's money involved(coaches salary), everyone will do what's best for themselves in the long run as well.