I-20 Classic HSFB Event in Ft. Worth on 9/3/22!!

7 minutes ago, pied said:

So?  Does anyone outside of Nolan really care?  They won one game in their TAPPS playoffs.  Fine school, very nice facilities for a private school and BEAUTIFUL setting for their stadium (in Texas terms) but they don't move the needle on the state's football hierarchy.

But they're trying to get better each and every year by scheduling the best teams outside of TX. That's moving the needle in a positive direction! TX is so lagging behind in this respect. The one-sided result of the MD/DV ame last season is just the tipping point of your state's freefall from grace. 

13 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

They had the courage and foresight to schedule the third best Trinity League team unlike Westlake, North Shore, SLC, Guyer, Katy, etc. #Balls

So what? They came back n got blown out by the TAPPS team that didn’t schedule OOS.  It’s not some elixir that makes teams perform better back at home. 

just say you like OOS games and leave it at that instead of trying to pass it off as some sure fire way to team improvement and state title goal attainment.  

Edited by Horsefly
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Jones finished as the 21st ranked team in FL last season. The days of DV hosting T1, OOS teams is forever gone. 

That’s fine them not hosting T1 teams, they play who they play. 

Edited by Horsefly

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

Samples is 1-3 vs Fla. he needs to bring it regardless. Just sayin 

1-2. IMG is not a FL team. They are a national sports academy located in Florida.

Also Duncanville playing Jones isn’t a sign of anything except filling a schedule. Everyone can’t schedule or doesn’t want to schedule a national top 5 team every single year. It doesn’t work that way. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

1-2. IMG is not a FL team. They are a national sports academy located in Florida.

Also Duncanville playing Jones isn’t a sign of anything except filling a schedule. Everyone can’t schedule or doesn’t want to schedule a national top 5 team every single year. It doesn’t work that way. 

Yeah, I’m no too emotionally invested in this game, I’m just sharing stats on samples. I’m more interested in the Texas playoffs and the contenders for that crown.

There’s very little hype, so far, for this game and the Desoto/SFA doubleheader.   

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

Unless you’re St. John Bosco.

We all know they schedule the best tier 1 opponents, anytime, anyplace, any year.

Just not this year…

Or last year…

Or the previous 5 before that.

Other than that, yeah I’d say they play the best.

SJB has scheduled great OOS competition over the years: STA, GC, DBP, SPP, MC, OS, Allen, ESL, CC OR, Kahuku, DMC, Mililani, SJC, Pace, BG, SL, Chand, etc. Few can match the above list, including the W/L record.