I-20 Classic HSFB Event in Ft. Worth on 9/3/22!!

• GardenStateBaller changed the title to I-20 Classic HSFB Event in Ft. Worth on 9/3/22!!
29 minutes ago, pied said:

Not seeing it.  At all.  If this were in Arlington maybe but you're not getting people to drive to the other side of the metroplex on a Saturday afternoon for that.  

I work in FW and that is wayyyyyyy down there.

Those that want to see the #1 HSFB team in America play will do whatever it takes. 

4 minutes ago, pied said:

Lol. Not going to argue the prowess of SFA, but there better be a LOT of marketing for this game. They have close to zero name recognition in DFW. The location couldn’t be worse. I mean C O U L D N ‘ T   B E    W O R S E. 

Forth Worth football is terrible, so there are few locals that will go and it is barely part of the metroplex and the part people are moving from. Not going to say it’s a bad part of town, but it’s not a great part of town. 

Little name recognition 

Terrible location

Opening weekend of college football 

Will be about a million degrees outside 

Those that don't want to attend can just watch it on the FloFootball channel. We got it covered either way! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pied said:

Lol. Not going to argue the prowess of SFA, but there better be a LOT of marketing for this game. They have close to zero name recognition in DFW. The location couldn’t be worse. I mean C O U L D N ‘ T   B E    W O R S E. 

Forth Worth football is terrible, so there are few locals that will go and it is barely part of the metroplex and the part people are moving from. Not going to say it’s a bad part of town, but it’s not a great part of town. 

Little name recognition 

Terrible location

Opening weekend of college football 

Will be about a million degrees outside 

We always hear about how HSFB is King in TX. If these games don't sell out, it'll prove that it's all just hype. Plus, it'll benefit the OOS teams if no one shows up. And Lord knows TX can't afford to go 0-2 that evening 😉 

7 minutes ago, pied said:

Not sure about the scores, but I cannot imagine a sellout. Clark’s a big stadium, I’m guessing ~12-15k? I’ll bet there hasn’t been a sellout in 25 years if not more. 

If you want people there you should be talking this up BIG time on the 6A board. The thread about these games is mainly the guys who post here and no one has chimed in, in three months. 🤷‍♂️

Not exactly a hot topic. 

https://www.6atexasfootball.com/forum/main-forum/664975-duncanville-desoto-vs-oos-doubleheader

Between the tickets sales and TV subscriptions, it'll be a winning night regardless. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, pied said:

I’d be suspect of the going forward lol. 

I think you guys would be better off at Duncanville (10k) or DeSoto (11k) opposed to Clark (12k). 

DV and DS agreed to it. I wasn't involved in that process at all. My only responsibility was securing the two OOS teams. SFA and Jones would play their games in a parking lot if need be. They could care less about stadium size, location, band, flag girls, pomp and circumstance, etc.  

2 minutes ago, pied said:

You might as well be playing in a parking lot lol. Feel bad for the people traveling to see this game. Shocked SFA doesn’t care about anything outside the football,that’s about all they have, right? Do they have a band? 

FYI - this isn’t about that, it’s about scheduling a game in what is probably the worst venue for this kind of event in the area. 

You can blame the TX teams for choosing that venue. It's all on them if you think it'll benefit the visitors. 

3 minutes ago, pied said:

I don’t know that it benefits anyone. What I am saying is that it does t benefit the promoter with ticket sales and not to the people that are traveling who will be playing in front of a small crowd in a meh stadium in a crap environment in a sketchy part of town. Especially given the many other options. This one may be about number 50 or so in DFW. 

What you're describing is better than what SFA and Jones play in front of on a weekly basis back home. TX made their bed in this one. If the #1 team in America doesn't attract a crowd, TX really isn't really a top HSFB state. 

On 6/17/2022 at 10:34 PM, pied said:

Whatever you say Capitan! I’m local, active on a lot of these boards, and will tell you there’s NO buzz about this game. There’s a lot of ways to get that changed, but playing in far south FW is a poor first step. Mind numbingly poor. 

Blame who you want. 🙂

I'll be there and that's all that matters 😉 

8 minutes ago, pied said:

Whatever you say Capitan! I’m local, active on a lot of these boards, and will tell you there’s NO buzz about this game. There’s a lot of ways to get that changed, but playing in far south FW is a poor first step. Mind numbingly poor. 

Blame who you want. 🙂

Let me guess....you also think the SJB at Allen game will be a failure too? FYI....last season 10,000+ fans nationally paid $19.99 each to watch the MD/DV game on Flo. That's $200,000 for less than three hours of work. 

8 minutes ago, pied said:

Panther Stadium isn’t Clark Field and Allen will pack their house. 

Mater Dei also has some name recognition around here. SFA? Not so much outside a very small group. 

Talking about SJB not SFA. I'm confident a record night will be had on 8/26. Texas residents will not be able to access the game on Flo. The only way to see the game will be to attend it live. 

12 minutes ago, pied said:

When was the last time you took the trip down 35W to Forest Hill?  I was there about a month ago for a soccer game. 

Yikes. Maybe over a year ago? The only time I ever drive down 35 is when I’m going to Austin. I reside in Flower Mound, for entertainment I usually just drive to Dallas + suburbs rather than to Fort Worth. When I do find myself in Cowtown it’s typically for the Stockyards or the Cultural District. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

What you're describing is better than what SFA and Jones play in front of on a weekly basis back home. TX made their bed in this one. If the #1 team in America doesn't attract a crowd, TX really isn't really a top HSFB state. 

Texas didn’t make their bed with anything. This is between Desoto and Duncanville. This will be supported primarily from the fan bases of each program. You’ll get what you get. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Talking about SJB not SFA. I'm confident a record night will be had on 8/26. Texas residents will not be able to access the game on Flo. The only way to see the game will be to attend it live. 

It won’t be record breaking, it will be the typical Allen fan base on opening night. Which is a good crowd. 

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, pied said:

Which will be larger than 99% of HS football games in the US this season. 

Out of curiosity do you think I’m close in my assessment of the name brand of SFA vs Mater Dei or SJB?

Yes, you’re spot on. SFA isn’t close to the branding of MD and SJB. 

• Thanks 1