CA vs TX HSFB Games Past and Present

The Westlake team that got drilled by Aledo was in the big boy Cali playoff bracket the year prior to playing Aledo 

Aledo best players (multiple) did not play vs Amat - the score in this game was so miss leading do to  turnovers.  The 3rd team RB for Aledo rushed over 225 yards in the game.  

California dudes like to pretend they have had these super recruited up vomit 🤮 private schools for ever.  They haven’t!!!  

prior to this new age vomit 🤮 private recruited up 🤮teams, DLS was kicking ass and taking names in California- yet they damn near got beat in every oOs game played.

50 minutes ago, Texasball said:

The Westlake team that got drilled by Aledo was in the big boy Cali playoff bracket the year prior to playing Aledo 

Aledo best players (multiple) did not play vs Amat - the score in this game was so miss leading do to  turnovers.  The 3rd team RB for Aledo rushed over 225 yards in the game.  

I would normally take this at face value and just repost to the Excuse Thread, but now am curious why Aledo's best players (names please) didn't play against Amat, and your opinion on what the score would have been had those missing kids in fact played.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Texasball said:

3 hours ago, Texasball said:

The Westlake team you speak of played in division 2 and finished 3-8 lol

Amat's starting HB, and LB didn't play. They also switched QBs weeks later.

Amat was missing for the Aledo game

HB

LB

Qb

Screenshot_20220415-180519_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Here’s some Texas depth. 

Clovis East went 9-2 and finished 18th in the entire state of California. 

Midland Legacy went 4-7 and finished 120th in Texas 

Final score Clovis East CA 38, LegacyTX 37

Clovis East also lost in the 1st round of their section. Kind of hard for to me put them in a top 20 losing in the 1st round of the central section

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Who did notre dame beat that was noteworthy? 

Notre Dame was booty themselves but still traveled to TX and handled business.  Sure Klein Oak lost 6 games that season. 3 of their losses were 1 possession games. 1 possession games could easily be swayed either way. Just ask Texas Ball. If Aledo wouldn't have had all those turnovers,  they wouldn't have lost to Bishop Amat. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Texasball said:

California dudes like to pretend they have had these super recruited up vomit 🤮 private schools for ever.  They haven’t!!!  

prior to this new age vomit 🤮 private recruited up 🤮teams, DLS was kicking ass and taking names in California- yet they damn near got beat in every oOs game played.

Wrong. It wasn't too long before the BA Aledo game that most Texans really believed their 5A teams were superior to top Cali competition. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Old_e said:

Notre Dame was booty themselves but still traveled to TX and handled business.  Sure Klein Oak lost 6 games that season. 3 of their losses were 1 possession games. 1 possession games could easily be swayed either way. Just ask Texas Ball. If Aledo wouldn't have had all those turnovers,  they wouldn't have lost to Bishop Amat. 

😂 ND ended top 25 in Cali, KO went 4-6.  It is what it is 

Edited by Horsefly

1 hour ago, Steeler01 said:

Klein(semi finalist) 17 Klein Oak 10

Abilene(Champion) 29 Klein 21

Klein Oak was so bad that they played Klein to a 7 point game. 

A week right after the ND game: 56-23 loss to Cy Woods, a cy woods team that lost big early in the season to 7-5 cy ridge 46-20

klein oak finished 5h in district and 117th in Texas.   Their record wasn’t a lie nor deceitful. It is what it is 

Edited by Horsefly

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

A week right after the ND game: 56-23 loss to Cy Woods, a cy woods team that lost big early in the season to 7-5 cy ridge 46-20

klein oak finished 5h in district.  Their record wasn’t a lie nor deceitful. It is what it is 

No but it still doesn't change the fact that they played Klein to a 7 point game and beat 2nd round Westfield. 

A week after Clovis East beat Midland Lee by 1 they lost to 5-6 Edison of Central by 1. I know what will be said, Clovis East was beat up in Texas. 

Edited by Steeler01
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

No but it still doesn't change the fact that they played Klein to a 7 point game and beat 2nd round Westfield. 

A week after Clovis East beat Midland Lee by 1 they lost to 5-6 Edison of Central by 1. I know what will be said, Clovis East was beat up in Texas. 

The cy woods score along with their other losses shows what type of team they were: 4-6 and 5h in district.  They lost every meaningful game. You googling scores on maxpreps doesn’t change any of that.

did you assess their come-from- behind 4 pt win over 2-8 spring that year?  

Again, it is what it is. History won’t change regardless of how many scores you google  

and having a close game is not indicative of much by itself. I can show several top teams that had close wins v inferior teams (ET v Keller in ‘08, Allen v Plano ‘12)  but a silly narrative isn’t created because of it. 

Edited by Horsefly

43 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

The cy woods score along with their other losses shows what type of team they were: 4-6 and 5h in district.  They lost every meaningful game. You googling scores on maxpreps doesn’t change any of that.

did you assess their come-from- behind 4 pt win over 2-8 spring that year?  

Again, it is what it is. History won’t change regardless of how many scores you google  

and having a close game is not indicative of much by itself. I can show several top teams that had close wins v inferior teams (ET v Keller in ‘08, Allen v Plano ‘12)  but a silly narrative isn’t created because of it

Actually it is.  Where do you think the depth and every week is a battle bs started?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

Actually it is.  Where do you think the depth and every week is a battle bs started?

like I said you only looked at one part and not the whole thing.  So how and when are you going to assess their close 4 pt win to 2-8 spring? Spring was blown out multiple times. 

are you going to show the chain of game scores with cy woods? (Blow out losses to cy ridge and stony point) 

i don’t recall anyone using KO 4-6 season as evidence of depth. 

Edited by Horsefly

3 hours ago, Horsefly said:

like I said you only looked at one part and not the whole thing.  So how and when are you going to assess their close 4 pt win to 2-8 spring? Spring was blown out multiple times. 

are you going to show the chain of game scores with cy woods? (Blow out losses to cy ridge and stony point) 

i don’t recall anyone using KO 4-6 season as evidence of depth

Of course not,  they lost to a Cali team. Your favorite T-Ball would use a different 4-6 team

3 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

I’m sorry,

What has Klein Oak done in the history of forever again, besides lose? 

19B6676A-BEE0-40BA-8260-B9909BE65475.thumb.jpeg.3daa38007755ca8b6e01212bb1a346d8.jpeg

I don't think anyone claims Klein Oak has done anything,  but we have heard about depth for so many years with crappy teams being used.   Jbell aka horse recalls he just plays dumb

Edited by Steeler01
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Steeler01 said:

Of course not,  they lost to a Cali team. Your favorite T-Ball would use a different 4-6 team

Lol ok steeler, you’re reaching on this one esp seeing they had a 56-23 loss on the books too.  🤦‍♂️ 

plano East in ‘11 was considered, by even some OOS posters, as being a non garden variety 6-5 team.  All of their losses were with a 10 pts to incl Allen and SLC.  This is one of the teams I recall being talked about as adding to Texas depth, but not 4-6 KO in ‘09 

Edited by Horsefly

2 hours ago, Steeler01 said:

I don't think anyone claims Klein Oak has done anything,  but we have heard about depth for so many years with crappy teams being used.   Jbell aka horse recalls he just plays dumb

either reference the actual 4-6 team we discussed as evidence of Texas depth if any or get lost!  No one used KO as evidence of that depth so why are you hanging on as if we did?   

12 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

either reference the actual 4-6 team we discussed as evidence of Texas depth if any or get lost!  No one used KO as evidence of that depth so why are you hanging on as if we did?   

No one will use them because they lost to an OOS team

4-6 teams have been used before by your brethren don't play stupid

49 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Lol ok steeler, you’re reaching on this one esp seeing they had a 56-23 loss on the books too.  🤦‍♂️ 

plano East in ‘11 was considered, by even some OOS posters, as being a non garden variety 6-5 team.  All of their losses were with a 10 pts to incl Allen and SLC.  This is one of the teams I recall being talked about as adding to Texas depth, but not 4-6 KO in ‘09 

Of course you recall what you want.  Anything that is gone from the message boards and doesn't fit your narrative you "forgot"

12 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

No one will use them because they lost to an OOS team

4-6 teams have been used before by your brethren don't play stupid

What team steeler and who made the claim? you slither around in generalities then expect others to fill in the gaps.  Lol

once you find that out, then address your points to them, I don’t answer  every Texan’s posts and thought processes.  🤦‍♂️  

Edited by Horsefly