New England News

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Def wasn’t the SJB HC. If MA is already petrified to play Erasmus Hall NY and Canarsie NY, they ain’t scheduling SJB 😉 

5DB67FDD-9C60-4C4C-A5F2-91C83EA5AFAF.jpeg

You don't need to show the screenshot of a text. I believed you the first time.

MA is more than one program, and teams have different OOS philosophies.

A lot of schools here don't see the benefits of a good OOS game. It's just not a priority for some.

2 minutes ago, Adam Kurkjian said:

You don't need to show the screenshot of a text. I believed you the first time.

MA is more than one program, and teams have different OOS philosophies.

A lot of schools here don't see the benefits of a good OOS game. It's just not a priority for some.

I’ll pay you a $1,000 bonus if you can secure any MA team (other than SC) to schedule a high-profile, Top 250-ranked, non-bordering state team in 2023 and beyond. LFG! 

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I’ll pay you a $1,000 bonus if you can secure any MA team (other than SC) to schedule a high-profile, Top 250-ranked, non-bordering state team in 2023 and beyond. LFG! 

I would love to see that, but most places aren't open to it.

3 hours ago, Adam Kurkjian said:

I would love to see that, but most places aren't open to it.

I think Memorial Cath could’ve challenged a top 70-150 nationally ranked team last year and, maybe, this year as well. 
Xaverian Bros is well known to me and I’ve never lived in the northeast. 

2 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

I think Memorial Cath could’ve challenged a top 70-150 nationally ranked team last year and, maybe, this year as well. 
Xaverian Bros is well known to me and I’ve never lived in the northeast. 

Dealing with the Cath Mem HC recently was such an agonizing experience. Excuses after excuses. Not what I expected from the leader of a venerable, private program. Pathetic actually. 

4 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Dealing with the Cath Mem HC recently was such an agonizing experience. Excuses after excuses. Not what I expected from the leader of a venerable, private program. Pathetic actually. 

That had to be disappointing. I think MC could’ve put up a decent fight against one of the Jersey Boys. 
I’m still disappointed that Oakland chickened out against Liberty,NV. It appears David Lipscomb is the only team in Tennessee with any balls! Lol

On 5/2/2022 at 1:41 AM, Omaha Vol said:

That had to be disappointing. I think MC could’ve put up a decent fight against one of the Jersey Boys. 
I’m still disappointed that Oakland chickened out against Liberty,NV. It appears David Lipscomb is the only team in Tennessee with any balls! Lol

Lipscomb def has been aggressive this offseason. At Milton and Thompson, and hosting Calvert Hall MD. 

• 2 weeks later...

As stated before, the five MIAA teams most likely at the top of the rankings here are, in order: 1) Catholic Memorial; 2) Springfield Central; 3) St. John's Prep; 4) Xaverian; 5) Central Catholic.

Of the Massachusetts NEPSAC teams, I'd say the top five are as follows: 1) Deerfield; 2) Milton Academy (my alma mater); 3) BB&N; 4) Pingree; 5) Governor's Academy or St. Sebastian's (coin flip).

I'd say CM and Springfield Central would be ahead of Deerfield, and Milton and BB&N are right behind Central Catholic.

This is subject to change once we hear of the transfers, but I think that's a good pecking order for the state.

9 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Didn’t want to start a thread about this but I thought this was pretty cool. 

Belen Jesuit from Miami FL is traveling up to Connecticut to play state runner up Fairfield Prep. 

https://www.belenjesuit.org/news-detail?pk=1234758&fromId=270455

Nice. It's a Jesuit thing!! PGL tried to do the same with SPP and Regis Jesuit CO. However, RJ wasn't interested. 

19 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Nice. It's a Jesuit thing!! PGL tried to do the same with SPP and Regis Jesuit CO. However, RJ wasn't interested. 

Colorado teams will rarely ever test themselves. Maybe one here or there but it’s very rare. 

For example a defending state champion from the 2nd largest class in Colorado is coming to Florida to play some garbage team who finished 4818th nationally!!

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

Colorado teams will rarely ever test themselves. Maybe one here or there but it’s very rare. 

For example a defending state champion from the 2nd largest class in Colorado is coming to Florida to play some garbage team who finished 4818th nationally!!

It all changed in 2019 after #1 Valor Christian CO paid Cedar Grove GA $30k+ to visit them in Highlands Ranch. The rest is history 😉 #27-17

• 2 months later...
On 5/19/2022 at 2:20 PM, Nolebull813 said:

Didn’t want to start a thread about this but I thought this was pretty cool. 

Belen Jesuit from Miami FL is traveling up to Connecticut to play state runner up Fairfield Prep. 

https://www.belenjesuit.org/news-detail?pk=1234758&fromId=270455

I like seeing these interesting matchups. It doesn’t always have to be super powers clashing. 

4 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The Jesuits all like to play each other. 

Speaking of non power teams, I would love to see a bowl game between the little guys. Say the Vermont champ taking on the New Hampshire champ. Or, perhaps a battle of the North and South Dakota champs. Something like that…

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2022 at 12:03 AM, GardenStateBaller said:

Coach Negro earlier today: “I’ve never heard of Xaverian MA, nor have I ever communicated with them.” 

Didn't SJR beat X 60 - 0 at X like 10  years ago.

Colby College was interested in my son 12 yrs ago & also other NJ players.We visited with other players mainly from New England.I talked to fathers from Brockton & X & they both believed their teams could be competitive with top teams in the nation.The Brockton father actually wore his hs football jock coat & when I told him I was from NJ he totally blew me off.Very strange visit.

3 minutes ago, tommygun66 said:

Didn't SJR beat X 60 - 0 at X like 10  years ago.

Colby College was interested in my son 12 yrs ago & also other NJ players.We visited with other players mainly from New England.I talked to fathers from Brockton & X & they both believed their teams could be competitive with top teams in the nation.The Brockton father actually wore his hs football jock coat & when I told him I was from NJ he totally blew me off.Very strange visit.

Correct. In 2012, SJR demolished X 62-0. It was 55-0 at half. 

Other than Springfield Central, MA teams are terrified of OOS competion outside of New England. They're the Kings of Excuses.