19        5                20               0                     45.6

18        5                9                  1                     46.2

17        4                12                2                     55.1

16        3                8                 2                      55.3

15        2                2                 5                       58.1

14        3                9                 5                       58.9

13        6                37               1                       47.5

12        2                 18               3                      46.3

Pretty impressive compared to the other team analyses we've recently published (Hoover, Lakeland, North Shore, Westlake).  

@greeny @cbank 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

We all agree that CA, TX and FL are the Top 3 HSFB states in America. That being said, should the Top 3 teams from each state always have a plate at the T25 Table? That's the $60M question. 

Absolutely not. Nobody should be entitled to anything. Rankings must be earned. 

But given the national landscape, it would be rare that the top 3 teams in CA, FL, and TX would not be in the Top 25 regardless.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

How are rankings earned? 

Good question. Performance on the field. What else is there? Although this hard to do for teams that don't play or have any common opponents. Ranking high school teams on a national level is highly flawed and much speculation. I think people can agree for the most part who the generally top teams are. But it is silly to say the #658 ranked team from one state is much better than the #940 ranked team from another state.

Just now, Bodysurf said:

Good question. Performance on the field. What else is there? Although this hard to do for teams that don't play or have any common opponents. Ranking high school teams on a national level is highly flawed and much speculation. I think people can agree for the most part who the generally top teams are. But it is silly to say the #658 ranked team from one state is much better than the #940 ranked team from another state.

In general that's why it's so important for high-profile teams to schedule other high-profile teams. Can't be "nationally" ranked without any nationally relevant wins! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

In general that's why it's so important for high-profile teams to schedule other high-profile teams. Can't be "nationally" ranked without any nationally relevant wins! 

Agreed. Cen10 will be judged by how they already played against MD and they will likely play Mission and then Bosco in the playoffs. We will know a lot more about them after this. 

Define a 'nationally relevant' win. Is it against calpreps top 25? Top 100? Top 250? 

I would say that a win against any national Top 100 team is a quality win. Against a top 25 would be an elite win.

1 hour ago, Bodysurf said:

This ^^^

its for debate n discussions but that’s about it. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

SJB would def win, but it would be the closest TX/CA game of late. They'd win by 21ish. 

CP has SJB winning by 3!

Yeah, you think Calpreps is the gospel on everything else, why not just go by it’s prediction exclusively?   Lol

Edited by Horsefly

6 hours ago, Steeler01 said:

Do you think Guyer can play with Bosco?

🤣Does a chicken have lips? Bosco took their foot off the pedal at the half and began subbing the cheerleaders and water boys . 38-7, ( should have been 52-7) vs 14-0. Guyer has a top-shelf quarterback.Though I doubt their line could protect him.The Rose Colored Glasses are bigger in Texas. And the bulls lay bigger turds. 

California vs Texas argument is over. Aledo, Duncanville, and now Allen. These Texas tough guys actually believe Westlake or North Shore would put MD or Bosco in the pew. 

They're still wetting themselves over Euless-Trinity beating DLS. Though Della wins that game 9/10. Should have won that one. 

Texas and Georgia have a couple of things in common. Lots of good teams, and unparalleled arrogance. I've been in Georgia for most of the last 45 years. And have watched some damn good teams on the gridiron. But not, in the last ten years a single team that would have finished better than 3rd in the Trinity League. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, JCGIII said:

🤣Does a chicken have lips? Bosco took their foot off the pedal at the half and began subbing the cheerleaders and water boys . 38-7, ( should have been 52-7) vs 14-0. Guyer has a top-shelf quarterback.Though I doubt their line could protect him.The Rose Colored Glasses are bigger in Texas. And the bulls lay bigger turds. 

California vs Texas argument is over. Aledo, Duncanville, and now Allen. These Texas tough guys actually believe Westlake or North Shore would put MD or Bosco in the pew. 

They're still wetting themselves over Euless-Trinity beating DLS. Though Della wins that game 9/10. Should have won that one. 

Texas and Georgia have a couple of things in common. Lots of good teams, and unparalleled arrogance. I've been in Georgia for most of the last 45 years. And have watched some damn good teams on the gridiron. But not, in the last ten years a single team that would have finished better than 3rd in the Trinity League. 

Allen is a terrible example to trot out a win as evidence of some football superiority. In two seasons they lost 4 games: 

41-20

47-21

52-14

49-7

and none of those losses were to NS and WL.

And why wouldn’t trinity be the best win of them all? DLS is the only team to lose in these CA/TX matchups and finish #1 in either state.  (And in the country in some polls)

And you talk about the trinity league as if it’s this deep league with top teams rotating around. The past 10 years its pretty much been dominated by 2 teams that happened to also be the best in the country.  So saying a team would finish 3d in the TL isnt as strong of a indictment as you think it is 

Edited by Horsefly

7 hours ago, JCGIII said:

Post of the Year Contender. 

26 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Off the top of my head:

Cali #4 Los Al played #22 Basha and #25 AHP

Cali #6 MV played #61 Mililani

#45 Los Al lost one of those … big!.  And I’m talking the past several years. There were a couple ranked Cali teams last year that lost to UT teams, SFA over DLS, etc 

my point is if you’re going to give praises to CA in general make sure you highlight ALL their games not just ones MD and SJB play in. 

hell, it’s gotten to the point you all are even talking about the toughness of the TL when we all know it’s defined by MD and SJB. They’re the gatekeepers 

Edited by Horsefly

29 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

#45 Los Al lost one of those … big!.  And I’m talking the past several years. There were a couple ranked Cali teams last year that lost to UT teams, SFA over DLS, etc 

my point is if you’re going to give praises to CA in general make sure you highlight ALL their games not just ones MD and SJB play in. 

hell, it’s gotten to the point you all are even talking about the toughness of the TL when we all know it’s defined by MD and SJB. They’re the gatekeepers 

CA has been playing high-proile OOS games since the 80s. I'll never question that aspect of them. 

• Like 1