Analysis of Cen10

7 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

CA has been playing high-proile OOS games since the 80s. I'll never question that aspect of them. 

Lol ok GSB, I’m talking currently I don’t give a flip what they’ve done in the 80s 

the reality is CA rides the coattail of MD and SJB. One peels back the layers and outside of those two their OOS success has been forgettable.

What major upsets have other CA teams achieved recently? I can’t think of any that was memorable

if they are so great why don’t you have more CA teams in YOUR top 25, where are the other top CA teams in any publications top 25 besides MD, SJB and Cen10?  

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

Lol ok GSB, I’m talking currently I don’t give a flip what they’ve done in the 80s 

the reality is CA rides the coattail of MD and SJB. One peels back the layers and outside of those two their OOS success has been forgettable.

What major upsets have other CA teams achieved recently? I can’t think of any that was memorable

if they are so great why don’t you have more CA teams in YOUR top 25, where are the other top CA teams in any publications top 25 besides MD, SJB and Cen10?  

I only follow and care about the top 1%, elite teams in America. I don't monitor them by state. And Cen10 is elite anyway you slice them. 

3 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I only follow and care about the top 1%, elite teams in America. I don't monitor them by state. And Cen10 is elite anyway you slice them. 

That’s odd, you have no problem pointing out n occasionally bringing up the mundane Texas losses like Steele to LCA, 6-6 Desoto to IMG, or Westlake to Liberty etc.  lol

10 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

That’s odd, you have no problem pointing out n occasionally bringing up the mundane Texas losses like Steele to LCA, 6-6 Desoto to IMG, or Westlake to Liberty etc.  lol

For as long as I live live, that LCA win will always be one of my faves and most memorable. PGL sent a tiny, virtually unknown program from VA down to play a TX blue-blood and they won! Outside of TX, who wouldn't think that was some greatness? 

Top TX teams losing to high-profile OOS opponents is always cause for Breaking News! And we also laud TX programs like ET and DLS who periodically win those games! 

21 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

For as long as I live live, that LCA win will always be one of my faves and most memorable. PGL sent a tiny, virtually unknown program from VA down to play a TX blue-blood and they won! Outside of TX, who wouldn't think that was some greatness? 

Top TX teams losing to high-profile OOS opponents is always cause for Breaking News! And we also laud TX programs like ET and DLS who periodically win those games! 

6-6 Desoto was not a top Texas team, Allen was not a top texas, # 66 in Texas Steele was not a top Texas team.  

#305 longview beats #75 bryant in ‘21 and ends their 2 year long unbeaten streak and it’s crickets from you. 😂 (this is another reason I’m not a fan of cp sos, b/c LV ranking was low any win v them last year would be viewed as insignificant even though they beat a t75) 

where is CA wins like Longview’s? A non elite ranked in the 300s beating a SC and a t100? 

Edited by Horsefly

59 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

6-6 Desoto was not a top Texas team, Allen was not a top texas, # 66 in Texas Steele was not a top Texas team.  

#305 longview beats #75 bryant in ‘21 and ends their 2 year long unbeaten streak and it’s crickets from you. 😂 (this is another reason I’m not a fan of cp sos, b/c LV ranking was low any win v them last year would be viewed as insignificant even though they beat a t75) 

where is CA wins like Longview’s? A non elite ranked in the 300s beating a SC and a t100? 

Over the last 20 years Steele is a T20 team in TX. That was a great win for the LCA program regardless. 

Longview isn't on my radar as they're not considered a Top 1%er. If I had known about that win, I would've noted 😉 

25 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Over the last 20 years Steele is a T20 team in TX. That was a great with for the LCA program regardless. 

Longview isn't on my radar as they're not considered a Top 1%er. If I had known about that win, I would've noted 😉 

That particular year they were #66.  Lol.  Historically allen too was a top program, not this year 

does beating DLS carry as much weight as it would have 20 years ago? 

but #66 Steele and 6-6 Desoto are on your radar and in your memory. We’ve talked Longview a lot, they’re a much better program than Steele historically 

The TX dynasty ratings since ‘03 longview is 8th in Texas, Steele is 21st. 

anyways enough of this, I have work to do before the Cita/NS. Hopefully it’s a good one 

Edited by Horsefly

10 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

That particular year they were #66.  Lol.  Historically allen too was a top program, not this year 

does beating DLS carry as much weight as it would have 20 years ago? 

but #66 Steele and 6-6 Desoto are on your radar and in your memory. We’ve talked Longview a lot, they’re a much better program than Steele historically 

The TX dynasty ratings since ‘03 longview is 8th in Texas, Steele is 21st. 

anyways enough of this, I have work to do before the Cita/NS. Hopefully it’s a good one 

Yes, DLS is a hsfb "brand." Beating them will always make news. Same goes for stalward teams like Valdosta, Massillon, Moeller, MD, Iggy, Allen, BG, DBP, etc. Whether they're in their prime or not, beating those teams will always garner more attention than not. 

I'll rely on you to keep educating me on TX teams like LV and Dripping Springs 😉 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Yes, DLS is a hsfb "brand." Beating them will always make news. Same goes for stalward teams like Valdosta, Massillon, Moeller, MD, Iggy, Allen, BG, DBP, etc. Whether they're in their prime or not, beating those teams will always garner more attention than not. 

I'll rely on you to keep educating me on TX teams like LV and Dripping Springs 😉 

De La Salle may be the reason for Bosco and Mater Dei going off the reservation. Following a  4th consecutive loss to the Spartans, Rollinson stated “I have no idea how to beat this team.” The only way was to amass so much talent and depth, especially in the trenches, that combined with better than Poly coaching, they could take down DLS. He found a way. Though Negro started the arms race and Rollinson was given the tools to step up their game. I also believe that this play in SoCal was the main reason for CBL’s stepping away as head coach. He knew the school leadership wasn't going to allow him the same parameters. No driving over to Folsom and poaching Jonah and Jake. Yep. DLS is in a way, the victim of their success. Their success led to the creation of the super teams. And changed high school football forever. Even though they are a shell of their former selves, it will always be special to beat the Spartans. They were a catalyst in changing the game. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, JCGIII said:

De La Salle may be the reason for Bosco and Mater Dei going off the reservation. Following a  4th consecutive loss to the Spartans, Rollinson stated “I have no idea how to beat this team.” The only way was to amass so much talent and depth, especially in the trenches, that combined with better than Poly coaching, they could take down DLS. He found a way. Though Negro started the arms race and Rollinson was given the tools to step up their game. I also believe that this play in SoCal was the main reason for CBL’s stepping away as head coach. He knew the school leadership wasn't going to allow him the same parameters. No driving over to Folsom and poaching Jonah and Jake. Yep. DLS is in a way, the victim of their success. Their success led to the creation of the super teams. And changed high school football forever. Even though they are a shell of their former selves, it will always be special to beat the Spartans. They were a catalyst in changing the game. 

Great reminder. 

12 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

CA has been playing high-proile OOS games since the 80s. I'll never question that aspect of them. 

Since the '70's.   In 1977:   visiting St. Paul 14-6 over St. Louis (Hawaii powerhouse at the time).

Hawaii prep football messageboards if anyone is interested.

https://www.sportshawaii.com/sh/viewforum.php?f=11

5 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Coach Logan is 276-57 in 26 seasons. 

Imagine the type of monster that Logan could  build at let's say a California-styled Buford with his offense.Or any of a number of public schools with both talent and money.  A public school with consistent access to talent, and a community willing and able to go first-class in every regard. I'm not ready to crown Rollinson the GOAT. Could he elevate a team like once steady, and often solid Hart-Newhall to household name status? Negro had made San Clememte I believe  into a competitive team, but they weren't knocking on  the door of greatness. Logan is apparently, very loyal to Centennial. I suspect some other programs have tempted him. Until a few years ago, they could stay on the field with the two alpha dogs. Even win occasionally. In my opinion Logan’s accomplishments at a school with more than 50% of the students living below the poverty line is more impressive.

Edited by JCGIII
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I would add Odessa -Permian to the list of teams, unlikely to recover their past glory ( there aren't enough high-end players in Ector County for Mojo to annually duel with the Dallas and Houston monsters ).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

Since the '70's.   In 1977:   visiting St. Paul 14-6 over St. Louis (Hawaii powerhouse at the time).

Hawaii prep football messageboards if anyone is interested.

https://www.sportshawaii.com/sh/viewforum.php?f=11

My first memory was Servite at Moeller in the early 80s. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cen10 10 games 9 running clocks. Only loss to MD. This team can play. Playoff sending this Sunday. Something to think about the CIF Southern Section has over 370 schools to be # 3 in the state out of 1032 schools in the state says that they are a power. Only MD and SJB and Several bad calls home cooking vs Cathedral Catholic in the past 10 years in the state of Cal. They owed AZ, 2-0 vs Chandler, 0 - 2 vs IMG 0-1 vs BG 

On 10/26/2022 at 1:41 PM, Bodysurf said:

Absolutely not. Nobody should be entitled to anything. Rankings must be earned. 

But given the national landscape, it would be rare that the top 3 teams in CA, FL, and TX would not be in the Top 25 regardless.

Top 50 every year for sure. Top 25 most years. This year? So far, yes!