Week 0 Excuse Thread

Ga96

Game just finished. AHP- 38 Lowndes 20

I feel better so far what I figured the team would look like has happened. Bad coaching players out of position due to bad coaching. The youngens did there thing. 10th grade QB showed heart and scored all 3 TDs. 

We hired a 2a coach with little league plays and that's exactly what it looks like. Ran maybe 7 different plays.

5 minutes ago, Sammy Griffen said:

Ga96

I feel better so far what I figured the team would look like has happened. Bad coaching players out of position due to bad coaching. The youngens did there thing. 10th grade QB showed heart and scored all 3 TDs. 

We hired a 2a coach with little league plays and that's exactly what it looks like. Ran maybe 7 different plays.

Courtney always has the best excuses! 

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Sammy Griffen said:

Ga96

It's funny to see a dude who has never coached as a head coach at the high school level thinking he's qualified to judge the ability of another coach 

Pathetic and he also acted like Fletcher isn't a good RB and yet Ohio State and Ryan Day felt he was good enough but sure the big shot 7v7 coach in Valdosta knows more about what makes a good RB than Ohio State University and Ryan Day which are a successful university and coach respectively

4 hours ago, Sammy Griffen said:

Ga96

The best part of this one ran down his Mama's leg.

DAD8607C-5A7B-4511-A72B-250833C6F102.png

C469CECF-B681-4651-971E-60F566C19B91.png

F541AEA0-797B-4E1F-9ED2-513C1BB18EC8.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

I asked Nick a question about why Aydin Breland didn’t play against West Utah. He was hurt in the scrimmage last week. He didn’t suit up this week and likely wont be ready to play against Gorman. I am not sure why you say this is a lie. It’s not an excuse either. It’s an answer to a question from another board so you and Sammy should not put things out of context in this thread.

It was an obvious preemptive excuse for the game this week vs. The Bishop.   Put out into the universe to be cited in the event that The Stache loses.   Nick is obviously concerned (and rightly so) about what may go down in the desert. 

The Bishop's theme this year is Red Revenge, they are in an absolute rage to get after MD, and have the team to deliver heads on platters.

48 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

These excuses are precious. CQ/AHP already played. There was no reason for them to play again in this event. I was on the AHP side because I'm extremly tight with their staff and I was rooting for them to win!

Not to mention the Florida sides were less packed because of less bodies 

I did say it's highly likely we walked right by the cackle head at some point but I seriously doubt he knew I was there 😂

7 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Here's my excuse. After the egregious, one-sided officiating, I may never ever find another oos team to travel to South Georgia again. 

After all the FL teams who has traveled to South Georgia we need some South Georgia teams to come across the border 

55 minutes ago, Sammy Griffen said:

It was an obvious preemptive excuse for the game this week vs. The Bishop.   Put out into the universe to be cited in the event that The Stache loses.   Nick is obviously concerned (and rightly so) about what may go down in the desert. 

The Bishop's theme this year is Red Revenge, they are in an absolute rage to get after MD, and have the team to deliver heads on platters.

If Gorman beats us it won’t be because we are missing Breland. It’s because Gorman is good. If we lose next week the only excuse will be we didn’t score enough points 😉

I’m more worried about Cen10 than Gorman anyways.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

If Gorman beats us it won’t be because we are missing Breland. It’s because Gorman is good. If we lose next week the only excuse will be we didn’t score enough points 😉

I’m more worried about Cen10 than Gorman anyways.

The next two weekends will lay the groundwork for the 2022 season from a national perspective. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

After all the FL teams who has traveled to South Georgia we need some South Georgia teams to come across the border 

They have no reasonable excuse not to do so. There are always more than a few Florida squads with a pulse; a few hours down I-75 and 95. Their excuse is the loss at the gate. I doubt they're scared, as much as posessing a mindset mired  in the last century. Beat the neighbors and make the playoffs. Don't worry about giving exposure to your players in high-profile games against other talented teams. Why would any true competitor want to go and do that? Or perhaps many South Georgia coaches are a little timid in these affairs.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JCGIII said:

They have no reasonable excuse not to do so. There are always more than a few Florida squads with a pulse; a few hours down I-75 and 95. Their excuse is the loss at the gate. I doubt they're scared, as much as posessing a mindset mired  in the last century. Beat the neighbors and make the playoffs. Don't worry about giving exposure to your players in high-profile games against other talented teams. Why would any true competitor want to go and do that? Or perhaps many South Georgia coaches are a little timid in these affairs.

That seems to be the common excuse but we have seen Valdosta and Camden County agree to home and home with Florida teams

And they can make up for the revenue by working some deal with the event organizer to get a percentage of the traveling team (their team) gate and some revenue from potential streaming revenue 

There are ways they can get money from it but always playing at home comes across as being afraid to get out of their comfort zone whether it's the truth or not 

And it's not south Georgia only, I could say the same about several FL teams like Vero Beach and Lakeland as well as Texas teams