Analysis of Lakeland FL

Lakeland is gonna get beat bad by SJP. Never should have scheduled them. Wasted blowout. This could be the worst Lakeland team in 30 years. Maybe the 2003 team that went 6-4. 

They will go 6-4 in the regular season but they have the benefit of the playoff system being so watered down they are guaranteed a playoff spot not like in 2003. And also not like in 2003, they will be playing no city teams. Just backwoods meth towns. 

smdh

• Like 1

Polk County is the most OVERRATED OVERHYPED county for HSFB in Florida. Prove me wrong. 

Team                                   FL Rank    USA Rank
Lakeland                             14           160
Lake Wales                         34          320
Lake Gibson                       98        1,432
Bartow                              128        1,908
Winter Haven                   165        2,871
Lakeland Christian           178        3,123
Auburndale                       180        3,133
Fort Meade                       211         3,996
Frostproof                             248       4,415
Victory Christian               269       4,870
Ridge Community             274       4,870
Haines City                           295       5,429
George Jenkins                  332       6,313
Mulberry                                371        7,286
Kathleen                                 383       7,601
Ambassadors Christian   549       12,730

NOTES:

1. Broward and Dade counties currently have a total of four teams ranked in the national Top 10! 
2. There are 575 teams that play football in FL. The eight (8) teams bolded above are in the bottom 50 percentile. 

54 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

We agree, but other homer fans think Polk County is the best HSFB county in FL! 

It has 2 teams that are good and that’s it. And one plays the worst it can find so it’s hard to even gauge them at all (Lake Wales). 

Polk County does have a rich history of championship teams, but this isn’t your daddy’s Polk County football! They won 2 titles last year because they played in the watered down suburban league. It’s not even a real state championship. It’s an area title. The suburbs. Lol

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PCGridiron said:

And Polk has 19 with 1/3 the population

Next time you want a laugh upload photos of Joe Maggettore, that will do it.🤡

Besides Lakeland all those titles are from the tiny little schools winning the baby titles. Hillsborough didn’t get to stockpile 1A and 2A titles with 2 and 3 game playoff brackets from the 70’s. Lol. 

And let’s be real. Lakeland won all their titles from the 90’s-2020’s with  stacked Polk County all star teams. Everyone in the state knows about it. Hell it’s the reason STA rose to prominence. They couldn’t beat Lakeland straight up so they had to stockpile transfers to compete. Turns out a Broward County all star team is better than a Polk County one. 

2 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

And let’s be real. Lakeland won all their titles from the 90’s-2020’s with  stacked Polk County all star teams. Everyone in the state knows about it. Hell it’s the reason STA rose to prominence. They couldn’t beat Lakeland straight up so they had to stockpile transfers to compete. Turns out a Broward County all star team is better than a Polk County one. 

Watch out for Frostproof too!! 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, PCGridiron said:

Lakeland started winning state titles under Bill Castle in the 80's, but I wouldn't expect anything honest coming from a shit faced nazi. And if you want to count pre FHSAA they won 2 more(1923 and 1935).

The only team with many transfers was in 2018 when they had 10. But how many did heavily favored Aquinas have?

The 1996, 2004, 2005, 2006 squads that beat the shit out of your so-called "Broward All Star" had home-grown guys name Rainey, Pouncey, Black. Have you heard those names before dickhead? 

Relax, I’m only going by a historical account of multiple Polk county team’s complaining all their kids were being poached by Lakeland for years and years. It got so bad that the politician from Polk had to create a law allowing transfers so Lakeland didn’t get in trouble with it. I agreed with the law because all the teams in the state should play by the same rules, but that doesn’t mean Lakeland didn’t play with a stacked deck with talent all over the county for the last couple decades 

15 minutes ago, PCGridiron said:

Lakeland started winning state titles under Bill Castle in the 80's, but I wouldn't expect anything honest coming from a shit faced nazi. And if you want to count pre FHSAA they won 2 more(1923 and 1935).

The only team with many transfers was in 2018 when they had 10. But how many did heavily favored Aquinas have?

The 1996, 2004, 2005, 2006 squads that beat the shit out of your so-called "Broward All Star" had home-grown guys name Rainey, Pouncey, Black. Have you heard those names before dickhead? 

And I know about the 1923 and 35 teams. I have 99 percent of their entire history. I have every years results from 1907-2023 with the exception of a few scores from 1908 and 1909

2 hours ago, PCGridiron said:

You don't have a clue and you never have.

I have the facts and numbers to back up what I say, you're just looking for shits and giggles.

Those 90s and 2000s team had homegrown talent from middle school up. The real transfers started with their 2018 team. 

Did Bill Castle forget how to coach between 2006 and 2018? Look in your own backyard at Plant and down south at Aquinas for "all-star" teams.

There was literally a law passed to allow Lakeland to stack transfers without getting in trouble. It was from a Polk County politician 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...