California Preseason Top 12

1. SJB - The Braves have the best lines and the best transfers.  Only question mark is the QB but he returns from last year

2.  Stache - Question marks on the Dline.  May be in for a rough game in the desert

3.  Cen10 - The offensive skill guys are back.  Expect the usual Cen10 track meets

4.  Mission Viejo - return their key players and have dominated the summer 7 on 7 and Linemen events in So Cal

5.  DLS - The Spartans are back after a rebuilding year hampered by Covid restrictions.

6.  Santa Margarita - Loaded with transfers, if the SMEagles don't succeed this season, they may never get back their swagger.

7.  Los Alamitos - This is the season the Griffens have been pointing to since 2019.  All World QB/WR duo will pose problems.

8.  Serra - Defending Nor Cal open representative with some key transfers.   History of losing games that are winnable could be their undoing once again.

9. Servite - Total rebuild but count on TT having the kids ready.  Capable of beating SM.

10. Cathedral Catholic- Defending D-2 State champs

11. OLU - Defending CIF D-2 Champions.  Lost a barnburner to Cathedral Catholic in the State play in game

12. Alemeny - Casey Clauson has his hot shot QB

Just missed:  Mater Dei (SD) St. Francis (Mountain View)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

1. SJB - The Braves have the best lines and the best transfers.  Only question mark is the QB but he returns from last year

2.  Stache - Question marks on the Dline.  May be in for a rough game in the desert

3.  Cen10 - The offensive skill guys are back.  Expect the usual Cen10 track meets

4.  Mission Viejo - return their key players and have dominated the summer 7 on 7 and Linemen events in So Cal

5.  DLS - The Spartans are back after a rebuilding year hampered by Covid restrictions.

6.  Santa Margarita - Loaded with transfers, if the SMEagles don't succeed this season, they may never get back their swagger.

7.  Los Alamitos - This is the season the Griffens have been pointing to since 2019.  All World QB/WR duo will pose problems.

8. Servite - Total rebuild but count on TT having the kids ready.  Capable of beating SM. 

9. Cathedral Catholic- Defending D-2 State champs

10. OLU - Defending CIF D-2 Champions.  Lost a barnburner to Cathedral Catholic in the State play in game

11. Alemeny - Casey Clauson has his hot shot QB

12. Mater Dei (San Diego) - One of the San Diego powers now.

Didn't Cen10s star RB just xfer to SJB? That being said, you still think they're #3? 

9 hours ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

8. Servite - Total rebuild but count on TT having the kids ready.  Capable of beating SM. 

9. Cathedral Catholic- Defending D-2 State champs

10. OLU - Defending CIF D-2 Champions.  Lost a barnburner to Cathedral Catholic in the State play in game

11. Alemeny - Casey Clauson has his hot shot QB

12. Mater Dei (San Diego) - One of the San Diego powers now.

Just missed:  Serra San Mateo, St. Francis (Mountain View)

MD’s DL is gonna be just fine, and please, our OL over SJB’s and anyone else’s in the country.

10 hours ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

The places where MD does NOT have questions are at QB, RB, and both lines. Gorman may indeed be a tough game. But not because of our DL.

1 hour ago, THEOC89 said:

Servite at #8?…. They will be lucky to win 3 games this year….. They lost everything…. This will be like TT’s 1 win Crespi team all over again….

Serra San Mateo and Folsom should be on this list from Nor Cal…. You can Bounce Servite, Alamany, SD MD, none of those teams beat Serra or Folsom this year….

Serra SM is Loaded with an Awesome Line and a Stud Transfer QB…. Serra plays Folsom their 1st game of the year so we will know right away how good these teams are…..

Cen10 at #3 is not on solid footing either with their transfer losses…. This could be another year where they lose to Norco….. I believe in Coach Logan though so I am not ready to drop them yet….

😂 problem is Norco doesn’t have much at all for that to actually happen lol 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Servite at #8?…. They will be lucky to win 3 games this year….. They lost everything…. This will be like TT’s 1 win Crespi team all over again….

Serra San Mateo and Folsom should be on this list from Nor Cal…. You can Bounce Servite, Alamany, SD MD, none of those teams beat Serra or Folsom this year….

Serra SM is Loaded with an Awesome Line and a Stud Transfer QB…. Serra plays Folsom their 1st game of the year so we will know right away how good these teams are…..

Cen10 at #3 is not on solid footing either with their transfer losses…. This could be another year where they lose to Norco….. I believe in Coach Logan though so I am not ready to drop them yet….

Nor Cal will sort itself out early (finally).  We will see which teams are the pretenders and who is for real.   Every year we hear the same things about Serra (SM) and every year they fail to meet expectations.   Folsom has a history of losing to teams li that can match up with them such as Something Something trail, and most likely flails to another loss to a Serra team that may start the year at 2-3.

Servite is still a Trinity league team with an established coach and a decades long tradition for success.   This type of program does not completely fall off the map because their 2021 #2 in the country squad graduated.

Cen10 reloads pretty well and is plug and play on offense.  The RB who transferred to SJB was most likely losing reps to an underclassman.

My best case scenario has Los Al beating AHP and losing to Servite a couple weeks later.   LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I thought he was going to be the starter this season. Not true?

Not at all considering cen10 used a 1-2 punch last year and both are returning. They had 20 and 10 TD respectively. So yes it’s understandable why he left he was third in line. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

If Servite Beats Los Al then I will say fringe Top 10…. But on paper there is no way they are #8 to start…. Not only did they Lose all their best players to Graduation but what they had left all Transferred out….. TT is a Great Coach, but when he had no good players left at Crespi he went 1-9…..

Serra was the Open Rep for Nor Cal last and has a ton returning and a Better QB…. They should be #8….

You know I always root for Servite and TT but #8 is just out of control…🤣🍻

OK since you have provided info on Serra (SM) which wasn't widely known, and I am a proponent of Crowd sourcing, I will move Serra to #8. 

#8 is a coveted spot and with it comes much responsibility.   Losing to any team on their slate not named DLS will be unacceptable and will be cited as proof that other Nor Cal teams cannot be trusted in the Top 10.

Were they to lose, I will expect a full apology not only to myself, but to the board in general.   I of course will do the same if they go 9-1.

Thank you

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...