National Pollster Roundtable Q&A with Jeff Fisher & Zack Poff

• GardenStateBaller changed the title to NEW: National Pollster Roundtable Q&A with Jeff Fisher & Zack Poff
17 minutes ago, pied said:

Very cool video.  It's nice to see on record your bias because of the company you run.  It's kind of a "duh" moment, but maybe getting it off your chest can help you make peace with it.

Jeff Fisher asked what the toughest part of making a poll was (about 13:30).

Zack Poff (13:45) says it's the first poll, and I want to be as credible as possible so I'm watching as many games as possible, so he's watching ~30 games at a time.  Trying to watch as many games as possible and keeping track of as many teams as he can.

Joe's answer(14:35) ~"With me being... the other side of our business, Prep Gridiron Logisitics, the largest owner and operator and biggest promoter of High School sports and events in America so I have that part of my brain I'm always thinking of basically out of state matchups so...."

The hardest part of the poll is the conflict of interest of ranking clients and non-clients and where the priority is.  Duh...

Thought this was interesting but expected from Joe (44:00), "I want to give props to...the game I'm most looking forward to, it's one of the ones I set up many years ago and it's happens every November.  St. Frances, people say they're down, yes they are down because of their record, however you have to remember the last four weeks they've been playing with 3 or 4 OL out, their star RB out with an ACL.   A lot if injuries.  By the time the IMG game happens on 11/17, they're going to have most of those guys back.  Not the RB but everyone else.  So the game I'm looking most forward to is...is St. Frances at IMG.  OK, that's always mid to late November every year, so it could be possibly a defacto National Championship game..."

Out of all the potential matchups, MD-SJB rematch.  One of the great matchups in GA 7A or Texas 6A, he's most looking forward to 3-5 St Frances play IMG.  Again, not really a surprise is it?

IMG is currently the #1 team in our T25 rankings. The only team standing in their way of winning a MNC is SFA on 11/17. That's why I mentioned this important game. SJB and MD have no shot of winning our MNC because they already have losses. Additionally, in order for C-M and BG to have a shot at a MNC, they need SFA to beat IMG that evening. 

36 minutes ago, pied said:

Using your rankings.

#2 SJB will likely play #11 Cen10 on 11/17

Very likely you will have #2 SJB playing #3 Mater Dei on 11/24

In Georgia, you will almost certainly see matchups with  #Mill Creek, # Walton and #25 Buford.

In Texas, everyone is looking at the rematch in the title game with #12 North Shore and #17 Duncanville.

In the FL 2M bracket, you'll have your #9 AHP, #15 Norland and #15 Miami Central

A lot of big time matchups, but "the game I'm looking most forward to is...is St. Frances at IMG".  We also know why, "With me being... the other side of our business, Prep Gridiron Logisitics, the largest owner and operator and biggest promoter of High School sports and events in America so I have that part of my brain I'm always thinking of basically out of state matchups so..."

For the record SFA is 3-5.  Wins coming over:

• West 6-4 (UT) 
  • St. Thomas More 0-2 (CT)
  • Specially Fit Academy 5-1 (FL)

You should know by now.....I ALWAYS dare to be different!!! Wise men walk when others run, and run when others walk. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, pied said:

I'd suggest it's not daring to look forward to the games you set up more than games you personally have ranked as better matchups.

Would love to see this in your next interview with Coach Negro.  "Hey Coach, the potential rematch with Mater Dei as my #2 vs. #3 teams in the country simply isn't as interesting to me than the game with IMG hosting 3-5 St. Frances". 

lololol

He's well aware of how our rankings work!!! 

36 minutes ago, pied said:

SFA isn't ranked though.

Anyone of the teams in contention for your title have a chance to be upset by an unranked team, many by ranked teams, and several by teams in YOUR top 25, yet the game you're "looking most forward to" is the one with SFA and IMG. I'd say hmmmmmm, but you told us why earlier in the interview, "With me being... the other side of our business, Prep Gridiron Logistics, the largest owner and operator and biggest promoter of High School sports and events in America so I have that part of my brain I'm always thinking of basically out of state matchups so...."

It's not rocket science...

SFA is currently ranked #104 in USA. There are almost 16,000 teams that play the sport of HSFB. Do the math. SFA is still considered "elite" in the grand scheme of things. Thanks for your feedback and constructive criticism. It's highly valued here. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pied said:

You said in the video, you only rank the top 25.  Where do these teams rank in the ranking that has SFA #104.  FYI your rankings are listed as well.

I'd suggest these matchups are more interesting to everyone looking for good matchups.  You said why you are more interested in the #1 vs. #104 team though....

SJB (#2) and Mater Dei (#3)

Colquitt County (#10), Mill Creek (#14) , Walton (#20) and Buford #25)

AHP(#9) , Norland (#15) and Miami Central (#16)

North Shore (#13) and Duncanville (#17)

None of the games above will determine OUR MNC. 

2 hours ago, BB BOS said:

So YOUR poll has a BIAS towards your own personal financial interest.... It is what it is

"You cant stop thinking about it"

???? Mater Dei was our Preseason #1, and stayed at that position until they lost to SJB. Don't be angry at me because your team lost to Kahuku, and has no shot of winning our MNC now! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pied said:

The difference between the two answers is pretty startling and at the same time not surprising.  

One pollster worries about seeing all the games he can to be as credible as possible.  

The toughest thing about making a poll for you is that you're always thinking of out of state matchups, aka your business.

Jeff Fisher asked what the toughest part of making a poll was (about 13:30).

Zack Poff (13:45) says it's the first poll, and I want to be as credible as possible so I'm watching as many games as possible, so he's watching ~30 games at a time.  Trying to watch as many games as possible and keeping track of as many teams as he can.

Joe's answer(14:35) ~"With me being... the other side of our business, Prep Gridiron Logisitics, the largest owner and operator and biggest promoter of High School sports and events in America so I have that part of my brain I'm always thinking of basically out of state matchups so...."

I watch more HSFB games than both those dudes combined. I love how you hang on to every syllable that comes out of my mouth. It's honestly very flattering. Thanks for your continued support! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BB BOS said:

I personally have zero benefit from YOUR poll one way or another and the institution has no barring to banners that presently hang.

If and I say If they win out 4 of  the polls  will be more than enough for the institution to hang another one.

Just remember who secures the majority of your teams' OOS games. 

2 minutes ago, pied said:

It’s pretty easy when you record it. 

One difference between the three of you is at least one of them is watching games to rank teams while you are watching games to sell teams. 

Sell what?? Our scheduling services are complimentary/free of charge/gratis. It's no secret that PGL puts together the top HSFB games each season. And we'll always be damn proud of that fact!! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

Allen vs. SJB and Mater Dei vs. Duncanville weren’t great football games. They were mismatched blowouts set up by you.

Nobody on Earth thought those outcomes would be as lopsided as they were. At that time, TX was considered a top HSFB state. Now we all know better. And it's for the best. 

• 4 weeks later...