Who and what reduced NJ football to national irrelevance?

45 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

By him being uber successful after transferring from DBP to PC, it showed all future ballers that it it didn't really matter where you chose to attend high school. For a decade prior to that, DBP had a corner on the market for every baller looking to excel at the college level. No other HSFB program nationally since DBP has housed five (5) All-Americans on the same roster. 

It never did.  NJ put kids in college from all schools.  

You’re mixing up a ton of things.  AAs have nothing to do with going to the NFL or excelling at college.  

The whole state knew you didn’t have to go to Toal to make the NFL.  Bosco never had a great track record for the pros.   Give me names   Give me college stars   

k Williams.  McCourtneys.  That Rutgers LB.  Joes had more excelling at college and pros   

Teaneck put kids into the NFL.  BC too

Bayonne HS probably put almost as many in the pros with more noteworthy careers.  Dimler, Hughes, Lord, Britt.  Beler started at SS and OLB for Nebraska against FSU in 2 bowl games.  

20 minutes ago, Testadura said:

You’re mixing up a ton of things.  AAs have nothing to do with going to the NFL or excelling at college.  

The whole state knew you didn’t have to go to Toal to make the NFL.  Bosco never had a great track record for the pros.   Give me names   Give me college stars   

k Williams.  McCourtneys.  That Rutgers LB.  Joes had more excelling at college and pros   

Bayonne HS probably put almost as many in the pros with more noteworthy careers.  Dimler, Hughes, Lord, Britt.  Beler started at SS and OLB for Nebraska against FSU in 2 bowl games.  

Kids moved from OH and TX to play for Bosco. At its peak it was what SJB, MD, IMG and BG are today. 

18 minutes ago, Testadura said:

54 NFL players born in NJ.  Imperfect stat but close enough.  

AQM.  Only turned to Bosco because Paterson Catholic closed.  

Sweeney.  Hennessys.  1 is a long snapper.  Undrafted.  Other was 3rd rounder.  NFL starter.  Peppers.  

gary, dwumfour, k Williams, mincah   

players, as always, are from all over.  Mostly ho-hum HSs.  NJ probably had more NFL studs before Bosco’s rise to prominence 

Teel, Toal, Grant, Garvin, tratou, Wooten, Nova, Carroo, shumate, mad water, Tony Jones, Bryan Murphy, Steele.  No college AAs, right?  See when or if they were drafted.  Sweeney was all-ACC.  99 career catches.  7th rounder.  18 career receptions.  Grant undrafted.  

I’m not seeing it

1 minute ago, Testadura said:

54 NFL players born in NJ.  Imperfect stat but close enough.  

AQM.  Only turned to Bosco because Paterson Catholic closed.  

Sweeney.  Hennessys.  1 is a long snapper.  Undrafted.  Other was 3rd rounder.  NFL starter.  Peppers.  

gary, dwumfour, k Williams, mincah   

players, as always, are from all over.  Mostly ho-hum HSs.  NJ probably had more NFL studs before Bosco’s rise to prominence 

Teel, Toal, Grant, Garvin, tratou, Wooten, Nova, Carroo, shumate, mad water, Tony Jones, Bryan Murphy, Steele.  No college AAs, right?  See when or if they were drafted.  Sweeney was all-ACC.  99 career catches.  7th rounder.  18 career receptions.  Grant undrafted.  

I’m not seeing it

I never mentioned the NFL. It's always been about getting a college scholly. And from 2000-2012, no one did it better and as much in NJ. 

Just to get a sense, pros whose rookie year was 1990 to the present:

Q Nelson, minkah, Flacco, d mccourty, tamba, Olsen, n O’Donnell, Jenkins, Keith sims, Shaun O’Hara, m Wilkerson, miles Austin, Mike Adams, proehl, chrebet, Logan Ryan, k McKenzie, szott, j Bellamy, b McKinnie, Shaun Phillips, Cushing, d Dawkins, Ron dayne, d Moore, h reddick, j miller, j mccourty, Kenny Britt, a fassano, g brackett, t whitehead, m sanu, a Collins 

these are the top-ranked NJ NFLers of all time whose rookie season was 1990 or after.  I stopped above at NJ’s 100th.  Many unnamed played earlier   

ryan grant is 157.  Highest Bosco guy.

212 k Williams
220 Jim Finn 
238 Jabrill

265 Gary

285 Danan Hughes

286 lance ball Teaneck 

297 Dray

313 AQM

318 junior galette 

323 Murray.   A kicker and a good one

335 ciurciu

423 Blake Costanzo 

452 Wooten

473 McEvoy

477 Carroo

494 Eric Lane

507 Scanlon

518 Hennesey

519 Sweeney

539 T Hennessy 

542 Simms

543 longa 

553 Giles-harris

573 trattou 

609 Beatty 

625 h Dubois 

32 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

You need to slow down and read more carefully. I posted "looking to excel at the college level." 

I don’t think anyone doesn’t look to excel.  Looking to excel are bullshit, salesmen words.  I ignore BS qualifiers such as those.  

1 minute ago, Testadura said:

Just to get a sense, pros whose rookie year was 1990 to the present:

Q Nelson, minkah, Flacco, d mccourty, tamba, Olsen, n O’Donnell, Jenkins, Keith sims, Shaun O’Hara, m Wilkerson, miles Austin, Mike Adams, proehl, chrebet, Logan Ryan, k McKenzie, szott, j Bellamy, b McKinnie, Shaun Phillips, Cushing, d Dawkins, Ron dayne, d Moore, h reddick, j miller, j mccourty, Kenny Britt, a fassano, g brackett, t whitehead, m sanu, a Collins 

these are the top-ranked NJ NFLers of all time whose rookie season was 1990 or after.  I stopped above at NJ’s 100th.  Many unnamed played earlier   

ryan grant is 157.  Highest Bosco guy.

212 k Williams
220 Jim Finn 
238 Jabrill

265 Gary

285 Danan Hughes

286 lance ball Teaneck 

297 Dray

313 AQM

318 junior galette 

323 Murray.   A kicker and a good one

335 ciurciu

423 Blake Costanzo 

452 Wooten

473 McEvoy

477 Carroo

494 Eric Lane

507 Scanlon

518 Hennesey

519 Sweeney

539 T Hennessy 

542 Simms

543 longa 

553 Giles-harris

573 trattou 

609 Beatty 

625 h Dubois 

Anyone looking to get into college and excel there wasn’t wedded to Bosco, let me assure you.  There have been, are, and always will be better or equal high schools to go to try to get into college and excel.  

9 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

@Hsfbfan agrees with me about Jabrill. That's all that matters. 

Bosco had 14 FBS enrollees from the 5 classes of 2014-18.  2nd most in NJ.  PC had 17.  

SPP 13, Timber creek 11, Joes 11, DePaul 9, bc 7, peddie 7, pope John 7, Montclair 7, hun 7, Wayne hills 5, cedar creek 5, Irvington 5, RBC 4, Camden 4, lawrenceville 4, south Brunswick 4, Rumson 3, Lakewood 3

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Testadura said:

Bosco had 14 FBS enrollees from the 5 classes of 2014-18.  2nd most in NJ.  PC had 17.  

SPP 13, Timber creek 11, Joes 11, DePaul 9, bc 7, peddie 7, pope John 7, Montclair 7, hun 7, Wayne hills 5, cedar creek 5, Irvington 5, RBC 4, Camden 4, lawrenceville 4, south Brunswick 4, Rumson 3, Lakewood 3

2000-2012 was DBPs sweet spot in this respect. 

20 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

@Hsfbfan agrees with me about Jabrill. That's all that matters. 

He changed the whole landscape of NJ.  He went to PC and took his friends there with him and created the whole Ray Lewis esque atmosphere. The smoke the entrance dance. And than he marketed the co-ed nature of the school. Like it has been said nobody really cares where you go to HS. If you get that scholarship that's the ultimate goal. You can pay the tuition at bosco and go to college and the next kid to you went to the local public school. 

• Like 1