Mission Viejo 17 at SJC 39 Final

On 9/23/2023 at 3:57 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

The Top 4 in CA are currently ranked: MD, SJB, C10, SC

C10 playing two below touch this year defensively.  Well most every years.  They only play closer games with MD when MD goes through the motions.  Most years the game should look like this year BG game.  

On 9/23/2023 at 9:28 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

C10 lost to MD by 14. DV lost to MD by 42. 

MD had injuries and the went through the motions vs C10 and you are making decisions today based on two seasons ago.

This year DV has elite talent at the right positions offensively and defensively!

DV was way better than 42 even that year.  Sometimes you Lay big egg.  Win was earned 42 was fluke!  Yes I believe that.  

3 hours ago, Texasball said:

MD had injuries and the went through the motions vs C10 and you are making decisions today based on two seasons ago.

This year DV has elite talent at the right positions offensively and defensively!

DV was way better than 42 even that year.  Sometimes you Lay big egg.  Win was earned 42 was fluke!  Yes I believe that.  

Successful "brand" names don't lose games to other nationally-ranked brand names by 42 points. Or 40. Or 38. Or 27. 

3 hours ago, Texasball said:

i doubt it.  They ran into a top 2 MD team imo.  That was the most complete MD team imo. 

I also think Duncanville is to basic on offense to give MD's defense any problems any year Samples has been there. 

Edited by Steeler01

11 hours ago, Steeler01 said:

i doubt it.  They ran into a top 2 MD team imo.  That was the most complete MD team imo. 

I also think Duncanville is to basic on offense to give MD's defense any problems any year Samples has been there. 

First - I never said DV would win that game.  I do believe they we’re capable of playing closer than 42.

IMO they have expanded the offense this year as the QB is legit and he has better talent around him.  

1 hour ago, SeaShells21 said:

St. Louis lost by 42 to Bishop Gorman.

Bishop Gorman lost by 42 to Mater Dei.

Miami Central lost by 36 to St. Frances

Chaminade lost by 35 to Bishop Gorman

De La Salle lost by 31 to Mater Dei

Cen10 lost by 28 to Bishop Gorman 

Mater Dei lost by 23 - St. John Bosco

These are brand names losing games to other nationally ranked brand names by 42, 42, 36, 35, 31, 28, and 23 all taking place in the modern era of HSFB.

Case closed.

You just proved once again that CA is a better HSFB state than TX. Based on the above results TX DOES NOT have any elite, Tier 1 teams that can compete with the likes of BG, MD, SFA, BG and SJB! 

PS....SL and DLS are no longer great "brands."