The Straight Dope on the Bishop Sycamore Documentary

Overall, the documentary is a hit piece on HC Roy Johnson. Soooo many facts and truths were intentionally left out by the creators to mold their predetermined narrative. 

For example, they labeled the school as "fake" without mentioning that it was actually registered with and approved by the Ohio Dept of Education. 

Plus, BS did have facilities. I actually toured them during my visit on 7/16/21. Met their landlord, Maureen O'Brien, who still runs the Resolute Athletic Complex on Chiller Lane to this day. 

They pretended that there was "mystery" surrounding the program when in fact most in the world of HSFB knew exactly who BS were and gladly scheduled them between 2018-2021. 

Also, it's comical that OHSAA and Paragon/ESPN, the two most agregious and complicit parties involved in this experience, refused to participate. Without their duplicitous inactivity, this documentary never happens. 

• Like 1

While most will tune-in to learn about the infamous IMG game that was played on ESPN in August 2021, it's covered very little in the documentary. 99% of it involves players and experiences that happened years prior and have absolutely no relationship to and with the game. One of the main characters was part of the team for less than two weeks! Also, it was never mentioned by the creators that every player on the 2021 BS roster was age-appropriate. Of all the players interviewed for the documentary only TWO were from the 2021 roster! 

They never even mentioned the fact that the same two teams played 10 months prior in Bradenton, FL when IMG beat BS 56-6 without any incident! 

• Like 1

Additionally, many associated with the film bashed IMG as a football-only powerhouse that doesn't care about it's student-athletes with regards to their well-being and academics. This couldn't be further from the truth as IMG sends kids to the Ivy League in several sports annually, and offers the best of the best that money can buy. It was also ignored that IMG played 4x State Champ, Cincinnati LaSalle, five nights after the BS game and clobbered the Lancers 58-7. Note that Glenville OH is visiting IMG this season on 9/15/23. @DirkDigler

The majority of the players featured in the film weren't even involved in the IMG game. Their stories mainly happened in the 2018-2019 time period before BS was even formed. And it's very apparent that at least two of the players present last night blatantly lied about their experiences portrayed in the film, especially regarding the PPP loan accusations. Complete lies!

In the end Coach Roy is portrayed as the evil, villainous HC, while the players come across as the naive victims, which couldn't be further from the truth. Anyone could tell that this was the goal of the creators from Day One.  In reality Roy has far more proponents than detractors. I was told by an insider that they even considered cutting the scenes when Roy got emotional to prevent him from gaining any viewer sympathy.   

• Like 1

Also, nobody brought up how BS had been media darlings leading up to the IMG game. Additionally, Jared Luginbill is most-likely related to ESPN personality, Tom Luginbill, who called the infamous IMG game. During the game Tom stated that he was unaware of any BS players with college offers. LOL I guess he never read his brethren's tweets! 

20230614_005651.jpg

20230513_224944.jpg

Also, it was never mentioned how many elite, nationally-ranked teams clamored to schedule BS during its existence, including the four (4) blue-bloods from the state of Ohio.

Massillon, St Ignatius, St Edward and Archbishop Hoban have 46 state championship football trophies combined all-time. They all proudly scheduled BS. St Ignatius even scheduled them three times!! LOL All in all, of the 31 games BS played during its existence, 12 were vs OH-based teams. In no way were they ever considered a "mystery" team. 

These are the facts that the creators omitted and were allergic to in order to craft their bombastic narrative. 

• Like 1

Following are some of the documents that I forwarded during my "Match Maker" interview process. Of course, they were ignored as none of it matched their narrative. When I emailed all of these haters to challenge them, none responded as you would expect. I'm confident that the next BS documentary will be far more truthful, fair and balanced. 

20210903_231025.jpg

20220515_210859.jpg

20220515_210907.jpg

On 6/15/2023 at 8:47 PM, NickMalibu said:

Jesus this is insane. They contacted the leadership at the company you work for? That’s top level psycho activity. I hope my ex gf never finds out about that move. 

I have vmails that are much worse. I still listen to them daily to fuel my motivation and zest for life. Tyler Shay from Butler, PA left the worst one. To be continued. 

• 3 weeks later...

"Davis, like others who attended COF Academy, had a mixed experience. And though not everyone made it out of the season with a positive experience, Davis said his journey was worth the trouble." 

Can you guess why this former player wasn't invited to participate in the documentary? There are so many former players that mirror his opinion. 

IMG_0681.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...