#5 Bishop Gorman 49 vs #2 Chaminade-Madonna 14 Final

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

A 1-loss team will RARELY finish #1 in our poll. It is what it is. 

Which is silly. Look, I have all the respect in the world for MC. Just because they have no loses doesn’t make them better. 
MD, Bosco, and Gorman cannibalize each each. Yes they each have 1 lose to each other, but they are on a different level than everybody else.

1 minute ago, Bodysurf said:

Which is silly. Look, I have all the respect in the world for MC. Just because they have no loses doesn’t make them better. 
MD, Bosco, and Gorman cannibalize each each. Yes they each have 1 lose to each other, but they are on a different level than everybody else.

It's not silly for fans outside of CA. 

• GardenStateBaller changed the title to #5 Bishop Gorman 28 vs #2 Chaminade-Madonna 0 Q2
  • GardenStateBaller changed the title to #5 Bishop Gorman 28 vs #2 Chaminade-Madonna 7 Q3
  • GardenStateBaller changed the title to #5 Bishop Gorman 35 vs #2 Chaminade-Madonna 7 Q3
31 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

If the 2 best teams beat each other in close games, that doesn’t mean they are still not the 2 best teams. 

It doesn’t matter if it is high school or pro. You have to ask yourself who do you think is the best team. If you believe that MC would beat MD or Bosco, then okay you should rank them #1. But if you rank MC #1 because MD and Bosco cannibalized each other, I don’t agree with that. This is the ‘participation trophy’ mentality.

2 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

It doesn’t matter if it is high school or pro. You have to ask yourself who do you think is the best team. If you believe that MC would beat MD or Bosco, then okay you should rank them #1. But if you rank MC #1 because MD and Bosco cannibalized each other, I don’t agree with that. This is the ‘participation trophy’ mentality.

I do believe MC would beat either. At Traz Powell for sure. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2