Trinity League cashes in

2 hours ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

The CIFSS open  playoffs should be a 2 team tourney.  The Remaining teams in D-1 would make fir a great bracket.

SJB and MD just get too many impact transfers which created a serious talent disparity 

Who are the current impact transfers for MD? I can think of one in Nate Frazier. The current MD players contributing to the team have overwhelming enrolled as Freshmen. I agree that Bosco has a roster filled with impact transfers.

5 hours ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

Both Los Al and MV would roll the Nor Cal champ by similar margins.

😂 vintage Sammy. 

Those would actually be great matchups and very entertaining games. Los Al vs Folsom and Serra vs MV. Los Al and MV couldn’t even keep it close last night. They would definitely not “roll” NorCal champs. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

The CIFSS open  playoffs should be a 2 team tourney.  The Remaining teams in D-1 would make fir a great bracket.

SJB and MD just get too many impact transfers which created a serious talent disparity 

I agree that it should definitely be a two team D1. I mean look at the scores tonight they weren’t even competitive. At the end of the day schools have more power then they think and they need to step up and demand change! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Who are the current impact transfers for MD? I can think of one in Nate Frazier. The current MD players contributing to the team have overwhelming enrolled as Freshmen. I agree that Bosco has a roster filled with impact transfers.

St Brown brothers for a period.  Solo,  t name a few of the many over the past 6 or so years 

3 minutes ago, CaliFB said:

I agree that it should definitely be a two team D1. I mean look at the scores tonight they weren’t even competitive. At the end of the day schools have more power then they think and they need to step up and demand change! 

Exactly.  The CIF guys must be puking 🤢.   The D-1 semi finals Used to ROCK

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

St Brown brothers for a period.  Solo,  t name a few of the many over the past 6 or so years 

I was referring to this year’s team. Home grown! Yes, over the years there have been some impact transfers. It’s less than people think. Raleek Brown and Amon Ra come to mind as true difference makers.

Although I do hope a field goal kicker decides to transfer in for next season. I hate have not having kickoffs reach the endzone. That is MD’s biggest weakness this season.

3 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Don't be surprised that in the next 12 months an elite, all-private, national HSFB conference is resurrected. Both the Presidents of MD and SJB have already been pitched. 

Alumni and boosters will not support this. I wouldn’t. 100% agree the competition would be great, but then reality sets in. Who is going to pay for all the travel? The players’ parents won’t like having to travel. What about kids missing school? If MD gets on an airplane once a season, and also gets to host an ELITE team, I’m content.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Alumni and boosters will not support this. I wouldn’t. 100% agree the competition would be great, but then reality sets in. Who is going to pay for all the travel? The players’ parents won’t like having to travel. What about kids missing school? If MD gets on an airplane once a season, and also gets to host an ELITE team, I’m content.

They're only considering because they know the CIF will NEVER figure out a viable solution. Both teams would still be able to play a full TL schedule. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bodysurf said:

I was referring to this year’s team. Home grown! Yes, over the years there have been some impact transfers. It’s less than people think. Raleek Brown and Amon Ra come to mind as true difference makers.

Although I do hope a field goal kicker decides to transfer in for next season. I hate have not having kickoffs reach the endzone. That is MD’s biggest weakness this season.

Lol.  Our kicks land at the 25 when we’re not squibbing.  

my weakness is that I’m a perfectionist and try too hard

God Bless.  Glad we don’t play you.  It would be bad.  Like Edgewater-bad.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bodysurf said:

And let's not forget the millions in NIL dollars that will be available to every league member. 

21 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

And let's not forget the millions in NIL dollars that will be available to every league member. 

What’s coming is potentially very big.  They will build the LA Academy from scratch in few years if MD and SJB do not get on board and the best players will be choosing this new academy over MD and SJB - TV contracts, bigger NIL deals, professional coaches and so much more.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

What’s coming is potentially very big.  They will build the LA Academy from scratch in few years if MD and SJB do not get on board and the best players will be choosing this new academy over MD and SJB - TV contracts, bigger NIL deals, professional coaches and so much more.

Do you see something like this coming to Texas?