Texas News & Info

7 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

No other human on Earth watches more HSFB games than yours truly. And regardless of this imaginery exercise, FL would beat both TX and CA 😉 

I didn’t ask you all that. I asked specifically what teams have you watched from Texas this year? 

Edited by Horsefly

8 minutes ago, pied said:

Breaking down by League/Division

1. Liberty Christian - TAPPS D2
  2. Episcopal - SPC 4A
  3. Parish Episcopal - TAPPS D1
  4. Dallas Jesuit - UIL 6A
  5. Houston St. Thomas - TAPPS D1
  6. Dallas Christian - TAPPS D3
  7. FW All Saints - TAPPS D2
  8. Austin Regents - TAPPS D2
  9. St. John's - SPC 4A
  10. San Antonio Antonian - TAPPS D1

Best wins by the above ranked teams:

LC over Dallas Episcopal

Bellaire Episcopal over Parish Episcopal

PE over Austin Johnson

Jesuit over Rockwall

St Thomas over Houston St Johns

DC over Tolar

All Saints over Addison TC

Here’s the fallacy behind OOS games too. The fact that’s it’s an OOS team doesn’t mean the game is better or more competitive than a comparable in state team. 

Example, Don Bosco,NJ was ranked 104th nationally, and South Oak Cliff,TX was ranked 105th. 

Duncanville played and beat South Oak Cliff with little to no attention or hype. Just a local game between two good teams. 

if Duncanville was playing Don Bosco, there would have been multiple threads on multiple websites and this game would be streamed live for the whole world to see. Even though Bosco and SOC are practically the same exact ranking and strength. 

But one they will be praised for scheduling, and the other they will be mocked. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Here’s the fallacy behind OOS games too. The fact that’s it’s an OOS team doesn’t mean the game is better or more competitive than a comparable in state team. 

Example, Don Bosco,NJ was ranked 104th nationally, and South Oak Cliff,TX was ranked 105th. 

Duncanville played and beat South Oak Cliff with little to no attention or hype. Just a local game between two good teams. 

if Duncanville was playing Don Bosco, there would have been multiple threads on multiple websites and this game would be streamed live for the whole world to see. Even though Bosco and SOC are practically the same exact ranking and strength. 

This is the exact thing I mentioned on the Texas site. Cita beat a solid ESL team that is comparable to SOC in ability and school size. Some folks were praising Cita on their win but ignored Desoto’s total domination of SOC (54-14) the same night. that instate game was just as much if not more of a statement as the Cita win. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Beautifully written. OOS games are indeed the great equalizers. There's no other way to know how good a team really is without scheduling them annually for the entire HSFB world to see! 

Just now, Horsefly said:

This is the exact thing I mentioned on the Texas site. Cita beat a solid ESL team that is comparable to SOC in ability and school size. Some folks were praising Cita on their win but ignored Desoto’s total domination of SOC (54-14) the same night. that instate game was just as much if not more of a statement as the Cita win. 

Proof that PGL is truly making a difference!!! #proud 

6 minutes ago, pied said:

not pitching = a generic email update/alert.

A pitch = "Coach Todd, with all the accomplishments that you've brought to South Dallas and good that you have done for not only the young men in your program but the entire South Dallas community I think I have some opportunities that would enhance the experience for your program and school.  

My company tries to make the best of the best HS football programs across the country.  We knwo the Friday Night Lights experience in Texas is unmatched and I think we can find some games to show that and show off your players to the entire nation.  

I will work to find the best opponents for your program over the next two year cycle and can look at any out of state travel opportunities if you are interested.  I think those trips can bring teams together and provide memoreis of a lifetime(see DeSoto's recent trip to Oregon).  

I do understand some of the challenges including timing, cost and ensuring the important sub-varsity teams have opponents during this time and ensure you that I will do everything I can to amke sure you, your team and administration are satisfied that we have answered all relevant questions.

Please let me know when you have some time to discuss my ideas.

Love 

GSB"

Coach Mathis forwarded him my digits. Hoping the best is yet to come! 

• Like 2