NationalHSFB.com Top 25 Rankings- 10/24/22

16 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

20221024_141441.jpg

So you said a top 10 on your list must have a quality OOS win.  Who  was Cen10s? They don’t even have a top 100 win according to calpreps. 🤔 

i guess the ranking is based on the fact they played IMG close over 5 years ago 😂 

Edited by Horsefly
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Horsefly said:

So you said a top 10 on your list must have a quality OOS win.  Who  was Cen10s? They don’t even have a top 100 win according to calpreps. 🤔 

i guess the ranking is based on the fact they played IMG close over 5 years ago 😂 

Don't forget they only lost to MD by 5 last season 😉 Seriously, you and I both know that they're a Top 3 public program in America on an annual basis. 

3 hours ago, Horsefly said:

It must have been preset. Teams are identical in the preseason as they are in the regular and post season. 

Remember it’s just a dumb luck of being chosen by the sling shit at a wall lottery to get in the top 10 and pretty much not move unless you lose. There is no thought into it and it almost seems as if the controversy is by design. 

Before Mill Creek played Buford I never got an answer about how Hughes could be ahead of Mill Creek when MC had 4 wins better than Hughes’ best. Literally no justification other for than Hughes won the lotto in the preseason. 

So the rules constantly change in the middle of the game to mask the inconsistency? This happened when North Shore was moved down after a win. After it was explained that it can’t happen. Then the rules changed in the middle to justify it. Now with Cen10, the rules change again. If I’m hearing this right, Cen10 is ranked high because they occasionally keep it close with elite teams in past years? Lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Don't forget they only lost to MD by 5 last season 😉 Seriously, you and I both know that they're a Top 3 public program in America on an annual basis. 

GSB just stop it, you claimed your top 10 criteria was based on one thing then the evidence shows you actually do something else.  That’s the sole reason I pointed it out.

and for the record, they can still be a top 3 public and not be in the top 10 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

GSB just stop it, you claimed your top 10 criteria was based on one thing then the evidence shows you actually do something else.  That’s the sole reason I pointed it out.

and for the record, they can still be a top 3 public and not be in the top 10 

They are only viewed as a top 3 public solely on them not getting blown out all the time by power privates. That’s it

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

They are only viewed as a top 3 public solely on them not getting blown out all the time by power privates. That’s it

Exactly, and even in the 9 games we have as h2h the past 7 years v power privates they were blown out 6 times.  So it’s not as if they’re competitive most of the time.  

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

So the rules constantly change in the middle of the game to mask the inconsistency? This happened when North Shore was moved down after a win. After it was explained that it can’t happen. Then the rules changed in the middle to justify it. Now with Cen10, the rules change again. If I’m hearing this right, Cen10 is ranked high because they occasionally keep it close with elite teams in past years? Lol. 

My poll. My rules. My trophy. My cash. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Will love it if SFA loses to IMG, Mater Dei loses to SJB in the playoffs and Miami Central wins out. Gonna love to see how you find a way to not give them the trophy. Lol

Whatever happens happens. A reminder that every team listed above is a valued PGL client. Our beautiful trophy and generous check will go to whichever team earns the #1 ranking in our prestigious, final poll! 

#1.jpg

21 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

MC would still have to beat BG (most likely) in the Geico Bowl!! 

They can’t play them if it’s like last year. Remember the bigger schools played the same weekend. Sad that you won’t politic for Bishop Gorman to play St Frances Academy because you think they have a better chance beating MC or Chaminade. Hopefully the chickens come home to roost 

• Like 1

You want St Frances to play a Florida team for like the 10th time in the last few years instead of playing Gorman whom which they have never played. All because you think it will help their title chances. The fix is in. I think people would respect the process more if you just came out and admitted you designed the poll with the goal of awarding SFA the title. Hopefully if IMG beats them you don’t keep them number 1 by saying the refs screwed them over. Wouldn’t surprise me one bit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

They can’t play them if it’s like last year. Remember the bigger schools played the same weekend. Sad that you won’t politic for Bishop Gorman to play St Frances Academy because you think they have a better chance beating MC or Chaminade. Hopefully the chickens come home to roost 

If SFA wins out, they'll play the highest-ranked team that's available when the time comes. I would love for them to play BG!! Unfortunately, BG is ranked 4-8 at this time in the polls that matter most. If MC loses, BG will certainly become the front-runner.  

21 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

If SFA wins out, they'll play the highest-ranked team that's available when the time comes. I would love for them to play BG!! Unfortunately, BG is ranked 4-8 at this time in the polls that matter most. If MC loses, BG will certainly become the front-runner.  

You are splitting hairs. Beating the 5th best team is equally as impressive as beating the 3rd team. So why would you want them to play a team they just played 2 short years ago instead of playing a national private powerhouse they never played and everyone wants to see? 

All because you believe they have a better chance to beat MC than BG. That’s it’. Just be honest. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

You are splitting hairs. Beating the 5th best team is equally as impressive as beating the 3rd team. So why would you want them to play a team they just played 2 short years ago instead of playing a national private powerhouse they never played and everyone wants to see? 

All because you believe they have a better chance to beat MC than BG. That’s it’. Just be honest. 

Most actually think MC is better than BG this season. They would've beaten BG last season if it wasn't for their kicker's plant foot slipping on the last second try. If SFA wins out rest assured that they'll play the highest-ranked, eligible team possible. Let's not forget about Buford too, who's ranked higher than C-M in most polls!

16 minutes ago, WILKINSON said:

Which is why this poll will always be recognized as a laughing stock. 

You're entitled to your own opinion. We're proud to be the ONLY national poll that rewards its final #1 team financially ($5,000), and the one with the best damn HSFB trophy ever made!! We should all be happy that we live in America, a place where anyone can start a small business that spreads exposure and wealth to the sport they love! 

#1.jpg

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

LOL Splitting hairs. Just like Buford and C-M being #2 in a few polls!!! All polls are different and unique. That's what makes this process so awesome!  

So if it’s splitting hairs then why would you rather SFA play Chaminade or MC over BG? The mystique and prestige Bishop Gorman carries is larger than those 2 FL teams. Especially when SFA has already played 10 FL teams recently. Just admit you are coaching SFA and Paragon into putting them against the team you think they have the best shot at beating 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

So if it’s splitting hairs then why would you rather SFA play Chaminade or MC over BG? The mystique and prestige Bishop Gorman carries is larger than those 2 FL teams. Especially when SFA has already played 10 FL teams recently. Just admit you are coaching SFA and Paragon into putting them against the team you think they have the best shot at beating 

I think everyone would want to see SFA play the highest ranked, undefeated opponent possible. If MC loses before then, of course teams like BG, C-M and Buford would be great alternatives. You're over-thinking everything.  

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

LOL Splitting hairs. Just like Buford and C-M being #2 in a few polls!!! All polls are different and unique. That's what makes this process so awesome!  

Being in or outside the top 10 is not splitting hairs. That’s a significant/relevant ranking mark. Like being in the top 5. 

• Like 1