Week 2 Excuse Thread

NJsportsfan10

16 hours ago, 954gator said:

Do you really look at this as a huge upset?   Edgewater has been pretty solid in recent years.   They were in the state final a couple yrs back.     And lets be real DBP is not the DBP of 10 years ago.  

DBP is definitely not the the same as 10+ years ago. Bosco didn’t show up maybe some of that is Edgewater, the travel or the rain but they just looked flat

GardenStateBaller

Do you really look at this as a huge upset?   Edgewater has been pretty solid in recent years.   They were in the state final a couple yrs back.     And lets be real DBP is not the DBP of 10 years ago.  

Not really. EW will be in our Last 4 Out next week! Baxter is now the #2 RB in America and looked every bit of it!! 

CaliNorth

7 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

Expand  

2018 and 2019 , DLS was a top 10 team in country . Offense was great in 2019 , a true duel  threat . Then came the pandemic . I think the coaches got use to putting in short days of practices and it showed last season .   alumbaugh just does the same game plan . It showed vs Folsom in the playoff game . He just cookie cuttered the same plan as they did earlier vs Folsom. Folsom changed everything up . To me , I could be wrong , but it seems a bit lazy. His teams almost always are very mistake prone compared to a Lad team . This years team could very well at the end , actually be the best in Ncal , but they could have 2 losses before they ever get there . Serra is way better coached and conditioned at this juncture . What have the Spartans been doing this summer to be this far behind ? They look lost on offense and defense . To me it rests on his coaching staff .

• Haha 1

PopsNW

13 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

Sorry Guys, Late to the Party!… Alapati lives near Serra and They Decided they didn’t want to commute to DLS anymore so he transferred to Serra….

I can't imagine where "near Serra" is that he was commuting to DLS from -- he was either crossing a bridge before or now and either seems crazy and unheard of.  Hayward?

1 hour ago, Cal 14 said:

Serra was clearly better.

Expand  

Serra was clearly better prepared and further along with their schemes . Once Dls can iron out a lot of things, like who is the qb, db's and lb learning their prevent zone etc., getting in game conditioning , I wouldn't go so far as saying serra better . Maybe last night, 2nd game of season . Even then, DLS should've won the game, or at least been tied . A debacle all the way around for spartans . 2nd play of game they gifted Serra a td. Greer dropping that wide open misdirection pass in 4th was the game right there. Greer had a 35-40 yd gain min right in front of him, with a 7 pt lead with 6 min left . Those kind of plays are just killers

THEOC89

49 minutes ago, PopsNW said:

I can't imagine where "near Serra" is that he was commuting to DLS from -- he was either crossing a bridge before or now and either seems crazy and unheard of.  Hayward?

San Mateo…. They also stated this on the TV Broadcast….

He was a tough loss for DLS, he was their best player on Defense last year next to Zeke Berry….

noonereal

On 8/31/2022 at 5:51 AM, Atticus Finch said:

Prattville wasn't very good and Bosco blew a 23-0 lead. It doesn't take balls to score again and win that game.

Prattville was the best team in AL.

The state championship game was the most blantly homer ref jon i have ever seen.

DillardHighBoyz954

LAWD HAVE MERCY! is the only words I can muster about this game last night,

THE GAME: I’ve NEVER seen such a bias crew of refs in my life in a high school game & I’ve seen some bad ones ; & I’m usually the one to NEVER get on here & cry bad referring , but last night was CRIMINAL. Sure chaminade got some flags as well but NOTHING COMPARED to the onslaught Dillard received which was over 275 yards in penalties.

DillardHighBoyz954

• Author
  •  

I watched a bit of the broadcast on NFHS. and man they seemed to flag Dillard A TON on all their drives eh?   Were the flags all legit?   Seemed like some home cooking but the stream was BRUTAL!

Na you saw right the refs were ATROCIOUS!!!! Worst I’ve ever seen