Cen10 20 vs MD 43 Final

35 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The CIF can't prohibit IMG AND all CA publics from playing the Big2. They'd hve no one left to schedule! It has to be one or the other. 

The official legal basis for the CIF not permitting schools to play IMG is because IMG does not belong to a state association. It has nothing to do with how good they are or their outward recruiting. The CIF has no legal grounds to prevent teams from playing MD and Bosco, because in principle they are no different from other private schools. I laugh to myself when I hear people say ‘the CIF should do something about MD and Bosco!’ What do you suggest they do that won’t withstand a lawsuit? I would like to know what rules MD and Bosco are breaking. 

2 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

The official legal basis for the CIF not permitting schools to play IMG is because IMG does not belong to a state association. It has nothing to do with how good they are or their outward recruiting. The CIF has no legal grounds to prevent teams from playing MD and Bosco, because in principle they are no different from other private schools. I laugh to myself when I hear people say ‘the CIF should do something about MD and Bosco!’ What do you suggest they do that won’t withstand a lawsuit? I would like to know what rules MD and Bosco are breaking. 

The MD and SJB football teams need to break away from the CIF and become Independent if at all possible. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The MD and SJB football teams need to break away from the CIF and become Independent if at all possible. 

That would never happen. Alumni and school would never go for that. It’s hard enough to find 5 games a year. And contrary to popular belief, MD football does not have the resources to do that. We rely a lot and fundraisers and donations. Albeit, MD probably gets more alumni donations than any other school. Despite that, it’s not carte blanche for the football team.

11 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

That would never happen. Alumni and school would never go for that. It’s hard enough to find 5 games a year. And contrary to popular belief, MD football does not have the resources to do that. We rely a lot and fundraisers and donations. Albeit, MD probably gets more alumni donations than any other school. Despite that, it’s not carte blanche for the football team.

I get it. Just threw it out there as if we lived in a perfect utopia. CIF should bag the Academy Rule, though. 

• Like 1