Servite QB Class of 2010 is now CFL Grey Cup Champion MVP

Exactly! I thought about that very scene just yesterday. That bastard was grinding on Cody's throwing hand like he was Chubby Checker doing The Twist!

But Cody was still able to lead the Friars to a state bowl game win 33-30.

And remember that Servite's final three opponents entered their matchups with Servite with a combined record of 39-0. 

Cody Fajardo led the Friars to victory over Mission Viejo (12-0) by 19-18 in the semifinals,

over Edison (13-0) by 16-6 in the Div. 1 Championship game, and,

over Rocklin (14-0) by 33-30 in that 2009 State Bowl Game.

That left those teams with a combined record of 39-3. 

Edited by Professor Fate

4 hours ago, Professor Fate said:

Exactly! I thought about that very scene just yesterday. That bastard was grinding on Cody's throwing hand like he was Chubby Checker doing The Twist!

But Cody was still able to lead the Friars to a state bowl game win 33-30.

And remember that Servite's final three opponents entered their matchups with Servite with a combined record of 39-0. 

Cody Fajardo led the Friars to victory over Mission Viejo (12-0) by 19-18 in the semifinals,

over Edison (13-0) by 16-6 in the Div. 1 Championship game, and,

over Rocklin (14-0) by 33-30 in that 2009 State Bowl Game.

That left those teams with a combined record of 39-3. 

Yep I forgot about that!  The final three games vs. 39-0 teams.  Don't know if that has ever been accomplished besides Servite in 2009.

All three of those final games were nailbiters.   Even the Poly game before the 39-0 run, the Friars had to score a TD on their final possession.

The Mission Viejo game, MV dominated the game but Servite put together one good drive, for the go ahead TD, and then MV barely missed their 2 pt conversion.

The Edison game, Edison beat Servite early in the year when the Servite kids were all sick with the flu.   Edison had a great passing combo but fortunately the game was played in a monsoon which made MV  one dimensional.   Cody took over that game with his running.

• Like 1

Those were good Servite teams that had that run of championships. The 2021 Servite team was better IMO. 

I did some research and something that compares is 2018 Mater Dei. There may be other teams. In their last 3 games in 2018 they …….

Beat 12-0 Corona Centennial in the SS semifinals.

Beat 13-0 Bosco in the SS final

Beat 12-0 De La Salle in the State final

• Like 2