Q&A with DeSoto TX HC Claude Mathis to Discuss the Duncanville win!!

They pretty much played the same teams (except Allen and Rockledge) so neither had been tested prior to the game. 

I’m not surprised TX coaches are dealing with you less, you do talk too much about programs on here. I don’t know why you don’t think they would read your BS. Lol

Edited by Horsefly
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Horsefly said:

They pretty much played the same teams (except Allen and Rockledge) so neither had been tested prior to the game. 

I’m not surprised TX coaches are dealing with you less, you do talk too much about programs on here. I don’t know why you don’t think they would read your BS. Lol

They're still dealing with me. They just have idiotic, cockamamie rules now like no more OOS privates lol

11 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

They're still dealing with me. They just have idiotic, cockamamie rules now like no more OOS privates lol

im assuming you’re talking about Duncanville. So if no private, what about cocoa, c-m, Norland, Cen10,  etc?

Is Atascocita working with you in ‘24? 

Edited by Horsefly

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

im assuming you’re talking about Duncanville. So if no private, what about cocoa, c-m, Norland, Cen10,  etc?

Is Atascocita working with you in ‘24? 

Yes, DV now has rules re who they'll play. No privates, so I offered up public MC. But because MC was considered a threat, they chose to host #629 Rockledge instead. You see the trend? It's totally their prerogative, but don't expect to be a T5 ranked team ever again with that philosophy. 

25 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Yes, DV now has rules re who they'll play. No privates, so I offered up public MC. But because MC was considered a threat, they chose to host #629 Rockledge instead. You see the trend? It's totally their prerogative, but don't expect to be a T5 ranked team ever again with that philosophy. 

We’ve covered this already, you GAVE them rockledge.

Why are you so obsessed what samples does with his schedule? it seems he doesn’t care about national rankings. has he whined to you about your ranking of them in your poll?

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

We’ve covered this already, you GAVE them rockledge.

Why are you so obsessed what samples does with his schedule? it seems he doesn’t care about national rankings. has he whined to you about your ranking of them in your poll?

I was obligated to disclose any and all opptys. I was shocked and flabbergasted by their decision. Thought they were better. Now they're #3 in TX. Things always even out. 

25 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I was obligated to disclose any and all opptys. I was shocked and flabbergasted by their decision. Thought they were better. Now they're #3 in TX. Things always even out. 

Lol ok GSB.  

They’re #5 (dctf/AP poll)in Texas because they lost, it’s not the end of the world nor their season. So what? 

and what about Atascocita? 

Edited by Horsefly

4 minutes ago, pied said:

Some good stuff, appreciate the content.

Couple of thoughts, it's been this way for some time, but EVERYONE wants to think they are underdogs and not respected.  Being ranked #2 behind North Shore or not picked in a game that you haven't won in ~6 years isn't a big slight imo.  It's rampant though and saw some Georgia players saying similar things last year.  

Props @GardenStateBaller for bringing up the out of state games and other schools.  

Didn't catch a few other things you've said about Texas football/coaching though.

In regards to Mathis' coaching decisions:

Coaching in TX has always been suspect. No clearer than on that series. 

You talked up how big the game was when he's on the phone, but clearly weren't impressed during the game:

Are you saying your truly proud of this display of "football?" 

Would have been interesting to tell him that you don't consider DeSoto elite and Texas to have only mediocre teams.  Instead of praising him so much it would have been nice to see you live up to your motto of #nocowardsallowed, but we understand that you're afraid to do so.

There's only 3 GOOD teams in TX!!! Today proved it. No elites whatsoever. 

Texas. Great Stadiums. Mediocre Teams. 

Awesome pep rallies. Mediocre teams..

Great Stadiums. Mediocre Teams. 

Smh. Great stadiums. Frighteningly mediocre teams. 

Great catch and reminder of what’s been said; of course he won’t say to their face what he posts on here. He was lapping up Desoto and Mathis last night b/c he wants them to do business with him. 

but rest assured if they don’t play along, he’ll throw them under the bus too. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, pied said:

Some good stuff, appreciate the content.

Couple of thoughts, it's been this way for some time, but EVERYONE wants to think they are underdogs and not respected.  Being ranked #2 behind North Shore or not picked in a game that you haven't won in ~6 years isn't a big slight imo.  It's rampant though and saw some Georgia players saying similar things last year.  

Props @GardenStateBaller for bringing up the out of state games and other schools.  

Didn't catch a few other things you've said about Texas football/coaching though.

In regards to Mathis' coaching decisions:

You talked up how big the game was when he's on the phone, but clearly weren't impressed during the game:

Are you saying your truly proud of this display of "football?" 

Would have been interesting to tell him that you don't consider DeSoto elite and Texas to have only mediocre teams.  Instead of praising him so much it would have been nice to see you live up to your motto of #nocowardsallowed, but we understand that you're afraid to do so.

There's only 3 GOOD teams in TX!!! Today proved it. No elites whatsoever. 

Texas. Great Stadiums. Mediocre Teams. 

Awesome pep rallies. Mediocre teams..

Great Stadiums. Mediocre Teams. 

Smh. Great stadiums. Frighteningly mediocre teams. 

You know who those posts were directed at. NEVER DeSoto as they always #playthebest #anyoneanywhere 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, pied said:

LOL - tell me who this was directed at please?  You had him on camera and certainly could have toid him yiu thought he was a suspect coach, but you didn't.  #nocowaredsallowedexceptgardenstateballer

@Steeler01

You throw on 2nd and 7 and then run on 3rd and 7. Why not just keep running till DV stops you. 

@GardenStateBaller

NS and DV are on my Shit List. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, pied said:

And you think Mathis' coaching is suspect.

He even said last night that the first half of DV was baaaad disclipline and penalty-wise. IMO CM is the best HC in TX as displayed by his playing calling vs DV. The first play of the game and that fake punt call was all the proof you need. He'll forever be a friend to PGL. 

5 minutes ago, pied said:

Today after talking to him you say that.  Saturday, when @Steeler01 commented on the play calling You throw on 2nd and 7 and then run on 3rd and 7. Why not just keep running till DV stops you. and then your response.

You said it, I didn't and you DIDN'T say it last night lol.

If you think that statement includes ALL 1,500+ Head Coaches in TX, you're crazy. Why do you take everything I post so literally? 

By the way it's raining cats and dogs today in NYC. Do you really believe animals are currently falling from the sky? Sheesh.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

He even said last night that the first half of DV was baaaad disclipline and penalty-wise. IMO CM is the best HC in TX as displayed by his playing calling vs DV. The first play of the game and that fake punt call was all the proof you need. He'll forever be a friend to PGL. 

😂😂

• Like 1

18 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Those 3 big plays he mentioned were the difference in the game(2 turnovers and the fake punt. ) He also mentioned Duncanville can't pass,  so by getting them down and in passing situations he altered their offense. Like I said in a different thread. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steeler01 said:

Those 3 big plays he mentioned were the difference in the game(2 turnovers and the fake punt. ) He also mentioned Duncanville can't pass,  so by getting them down and in passing situations he altered their offense. Like I said in a different thread. 

One of the turnovers didn’t lead to a score (they missed a FG) . The other TO was as impactful as the personal fouls against DS on DV first drive after they held them on downs that extended the drive and led to a FG. 

that fake punt sealed the win. They already had a 14 pt lead. 

the 6 sacks is what impacted DV the most. Disrupted their offensive flow 

bottmline, DV didn’t lose b/c they turned it over or allowed a fake punt. That’s misleading 

Edited by Horsefly
  • Like 1