#12 Duncanville 35 at #13 DeSoto 49 Final

35 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

LOL Dotson is a 3* SMU commit who didn't get his name called once today. There are three other players ranked higher than him on the DV roster. Colin Simmons is the 5* All-World DE for DV. Maybe you got mixed-up with him. 

No.  He has 30 offers.  8 from top-25 colleges.  Ranked 454.  247 3*.  ESPN 4*

simmons as I said is a 5*.  Ranked 1 in Tx.  

you didn’t watch the game.  In the 2024 class, Dville has only 3 guys on D ranked 500 nationally.  January.  

34 minutes ago, Testadura said:

No.  He has 30 offers.  8 from top-25 colleges.  Ranked 454.  247 3*.  ESPN 4*

simmons as I said is a 5*.  Ranked 1 in Tx.  

you didn’t watch the game.  In the 2024 class, Dville has only 3 guys on D ranked 500 nationally.  January.  

I watched the game and was supposed to be there live until my flight was canceled on Thurs. Nobody on Earth watches more hsfb games annually than yours truly. 

15 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

No DV player stood out in a major way. The entire team was underwhelming as a whole. RB and QB probably looked the best. 

Desoto was bigger, stronger and faster and played with more energy. It’s that simple. DV will refocus (get Simmons back fully healthy) and get ready to eventually meet north shore. They’ll be fine 

Edited by Horsefly
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Desoto was bigger, stronger and faster and played with more energy. It’s that simple. DV will refocus (get Simmons back fully healthy) and get ready to eventually meet north shore. They’ll be fine 

Desoto played a cleaner game. 

A TD before halftime on the last play if i recall correctly.  

A ton of fumbles by Duncanville.

These teams play 10x and I think it goes 6-4 Ville's way.  Neither team can stop the other's running game without a turnover

12 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

Desoto played a cleaner game. 

A TD before halftime on the last play if i recall correctly.  

A ton of fumbles by Duncanville.

These teams play 10x and I think it goes 6-4 Ville's way.  Neither team can stop the other's running game without a turnover

DV secondary couldn’t stop their pass game either. The issue for DV was they lost in the trenches on both sides.  Doesn’t matter how many times you play, if you can’t win up front it lessens your chances 

btw, Desoto was missing BOTH of their top 2 RBs, one of them 4**** deondre Riden. They did all that damage on the ground with 3d and 4th string RBs.

Desoto is simply better THIS year. (I think it’s the opposite, they play 10x DS wins 6-4) 

Edited by Horsefly

6 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

DV secondary couldn’t stop their pass game either. The issue for DV was they lost in the trenches on both sides.  Doesn’t matter how many times you play, if you can’t win up front it lessens your chances 

The issue for DV was turnovers and DS made big plays.

Two big plays that you're forgetting about. 

A fake punt up 14. They convert and go up 21

The TD before halftime after terrible game management. They don't get the TD it's halftime with 7 less offensive points.  

Let's not act like DS was this dominant team last night.

Neither team stopped the other straight up. 

11 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

The issue for DV was turnovers and DS made big plays.

Two big plays that you're forgetting about. 

A fake punt up 14. They convert and go up 21

The TD before halftime after terrible game management. They don't get the TD it's halftime with 7 less offensive points.  

Let's not act like DS was this dominant team last night.

Neither team stopped the other straight up. 

👇🏿. This you? Yes, DV got whipped. Thats the issue last night. 

19 hours ago, Steeler01 said:

They got whipped and did nothing outside of what they've always done.  Run the ball and throw some simple pass routes

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

👇🏿. This you? Yes, DV got whipped. Thats the issue last night. 

Upfront they got whipped on defense.

As did Desoto. Neither team was imposing their will and showing they were truly better.  

DV fumbles stopped them in the 3rd. In the 4th quarter, down 21 after the fake punt they went away from running the ball.  

These two play again,  and the score can go either way. Turnovers and Kerry big plays would determine it. Neither team proved they were truly better last night

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

With both teams fully healthy I’m not sure the results wouldn’t be the same. DV use to be able to bully DS upfront, they can’t anymore on either side. (I thought DV would have the adv on the OL but even that wasn’t won consistently) 

Duncanville did bully that Desoto defense. They didn't score in the 3rd dur to 2 fumbles by their WRs

4 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

As did Desoto. Neither team was imposing their will and showing they were truly better.  

DV fumbles stopped them in the 3rd. In the 4th quarter, down 21 after the fake punt they went away from running the ball.  

These two play again,  and the score can go either way. Turnovers and Kerry big plays would determine it. Neither team proved they were truly better last night

Desoto won by 14

They needed a 2-0 turnover margin

A last second miracle TD before halftime

A KO return

A fake punt conversion. 

This shit should've been a 28 point win.  You think all of that happens again?

Edited by Steeler01

Just now, Steeler01 said:

Desoto didn’t get whipped up front.  Hell, they held DV to 28 with about 3 min left.  By that time it was a 21 point lead. They gave up 2 long TD runs to Durham, outside of that they held them consistently and in the red zone. 

that’s why DV passed more than usual b/c they weren’t moving it consistently on the ground. Russell attempted 42 passes yesterday.  Way out of character for them. 

6 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

Duncanville did bully that Desoto defense. They didn't score in the 3rd dur to 2 fumbles by their WRs

Neither team scored in the 3d. If DV was doing all the bullying they would have ran it down their throats in the 3d already trailing by 14 

Everyone knows the RB is their bread n butter. 

i watched both games from this year n last.  What’s the main difference from last year? 

Desoto didn’t get whipped up front.  Hell, they held DV to 28 with about 3 min left.  By that time it was a 21 point lead. They gave up 2 long TD runs to Durham, outside of that they held them consistently and in the red zone. 

They did get whipped. They gave up 450 yards of offense.  The difference is the turnovers and the special team plays

that’s why DV passed more than usual b/c they weren’t moving it consistently on the ground. Russell attempted 42 passes yesterday.  Way out of character for them. 

They went down 21 that's why. Most of their passes came in the 4th quarter(19 of their 42)

They threw the ball 23 times prior to the fake punt TD. 19 afterwards

Edited by Steeler01

7 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Neither team scored in the 3d. If DV was doing all the bullying they would have ran it down their throats in the 3d already trailing by 14 

Everyone knows the RB is their bread n butter. 

i watched both games from this year n last.  What’s the main difference from last year? 

They stopped Desoto's offense last year

Edited by Steeler01