#1 MD 20 at SFA 7 Final

10 minutes ago, pied said:

Absolutely 100%..... after sitting out one year of varsity competition because of where you live.

Unlike public schools in the UIL, Jesuit does not have traditional “feeder” campuses. It enrolls students from a wide swath of public and private schools across North Texas. Senior centerfielder Darius Hill, for example, went to Plano’s Prince of Peace in middle school and chose Jesuit over Plano West, while senior pitcher Harrison Folk could have attended Coppell.

Students living outside of Jesuit’s UIL-designated attendance zone, the same as W.T. White’s, aren’t eligible for varsity athletics in their first year but can compete on subvarsity teams.

The school is subject to the same prohibitions for recruiting and “transferring for athletic purposes” as public schools but in addition has a fairly rigorous admissions process and tuition of over $16,000 per year.

Jesuit athletic director Steve Koch said that the school hasn’t been sanctioned for a rules infraction while in the UIL and that he believed the school was one of the league’s most observant members, as the school is “constantly under watch.”

Koch added that Jesuit’s relationship with the UIL was “very good” — saying that any animosity from other member schools “has drifted away.”

https://www.dallasnews.com/high-school-sports/2015/06/12/without-feeders-jesuit-has-unique-situation/

If I lived in DV and wanted my son to play for the great Jason Whitten at Liberty Christian (TAPPS), would those same rules still apply? 

24 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

If I moved to Frisco or Waxahachie (God forbid) and wanted my kids to attend Jesuit, I could do such without any interference. 

Yes with some exceptions.  For Example it is possible that stud from say Waxahachie if wanted to transfer to Jesuit after playing at Waxahachie he is likely going to sit out 1 season.  

Kinda like the kid that wanted to play RB at SLC from Colleyville and the kids dad actually works for SLC!!  This is lot closer boarding towns vs the example you gave above.

6 minutes ago, pied said:

You cannot be induced and have to affirm that on the transfer form:

CERTIFICATION OF PARENT We certify that neither my child nor I have been offered nor accepted any inducement based on my child’s athletic ability or contribution to an athletic team in accordance with Section 87 of the TAPPS By-Laws. Additionally, my child is in compliance with all TRANSFER policies as outlined in Section 104 of the TAPPS By-Laws. The new school has presented information regarding TAPPS eligibility for our review prior to signature of this document. If unsure of compliance, please consult school Athletic Director prior to signature.

https://irp.cdn-website.com/988ae82b/files/uploaded/athletics-tapps-transfer-form.pdf

1. The TAPPS Transfer Rule

1. has been developed to protect, not inhibit students who wish to participate in interscholastic competition.

2. is preventative and is devised to eliminate the incentive to transfer schools once a student (family) has initially enrolled in and attended a school of their choice.

3. is designed to protect students who have previously participated in interscholastic competition at any school from being replaced by students who transfer for athletic or other purposes, including the effects of student, or family, shopping for schools or being recruited for athletic purposes.

4. encourages fair play, discourages the abuses of overenthusiastic promotion of school programs, and protects the integrity of interscholastic athletic programs for both member schools and the TAPPS organization.

2. Transfer Rule Application

1. All students transferring to a TAPPS member school must complete the Transfer Process to establish eligibility. 

2. The transfer rules apply to all students who attended traditional schools, participated with Home School teams, or any other such team organized for interscholastic competition.

3. Transferring students may not participate in any interscholastic competition (Scrimmage, Sub-Varsity or Varsity) until the transfer process is complete and the student is approved by the TAPPS OFFICE. 

The eligibility roster for all sports in which a student will participate, along with the completed transfer form, shall be on file with the TAPPS State Office before the transferring student is eligible to participate in any level interscholastic competition.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1P5d_J7j5hSzJMhP4nrdGpsx5zJixJbtonn3qUxYgNrs/edit

Until something really big happens - Privates in Texas will play 2nd fiddle to the UIL public schools.

3 minutes ago, pied said:

There are a lot of things to be excited about in all three situations, Waxahachie, one of the 173 HSs in Frisco or at Jesuit.

Depends on your definition on 2nd fiddle.  Certainly big time football at the moment.  Academics is an entirely different story.  There are private schools in the state that are FAR better than the best publics and in a different universe than most.  Of course, they have advantages that aren't available to most public schools, namely limiting enrollment.

I'd suggest many people also would say that there are some private schools that do much better at raising students to their specific faith, that clearly the public schools are at a disadvantage to ( for good reason imo).  I'd put Liberty SQUARELY in that group.  

2nd fiddle in football for sure.  Many of these private schools are not really all that when it comes to education.  Certainly some are and most of them play at the level of 3a and 4a football too.

12 minutes ago, Texasball said:

For example when you have good leadership and facilities like "Melissa High School" you would not want to transfer to most private schools in Texas.  

Everything is state of the art for training and so much more.

We do this shit right here in TEXAS!

If I wanted to win a Natty and #playthebest I'd xfer to IMG. 

10 minutes ago, Texasball said:

2nd fiddle in football for sure.  Many of these private schools are not really all that when it comes to education.  Certainly some are and most of them play at the level of 3a and 4a football too.

I'm a Conservative Christian. My kids would never go to a public school in TX. I'd want God in their lives each and every day. All of my friends that have moved down there have sent their kids to Private high schools. 

1 minute ago, pied said:

There is a lot that is attractive about IMG.  Their facilities are very nice (still not as good as the best ones in Texas.  Weather is very helpful.  It is a place that you WILL be recognized and recruited.  You will have the ability to train as much as you want.  

I think if you are a serious student, this would not be a great choice.  You can certainly get an education and will absolutely prepare you to be a student athlete concentrating on making the pros, but there are better options for many/most HS students.

If your main goal is being a pro ___________ and academics aren't the priority and you are ready to live on your own it is a great place.  

IMG sends kids to the Ivy's each year in every sport. The education is much better than you believe. 

30 minutes ago, pied said:

I am very familiar with what IMG does and where they send kids.  I didn't say they don't do education, simply saying there are better options for the more student than athlete.

No HSFB program in America has generated more college football offers/scholarships than IMG the past 10 seasons. 

4 minutes ago, pied said:

No one is questioning that.  Here is their philosophy of their academics.

The IMG Academy faculty and staff seek to meet the unique needs of the diverse student-athlete population we serve through an eclectic approach to learning, including by providing a 12:1 student to teacher ratio. Emanating from a desire to actively challenge and engage, we strive to identify and develop each learner’s inherent ability and capacity for intellectual growth. Passion drives our efforts to provide a quality learning environment for our student-athletes and the encouragement they need to succeed. We are committed to serving the whole learner and are devoted to creating a sense of belonging that transcends learning differences and builds an abiding esprit de corps. As Ascenders, we believe in always reaching, forever striving and never being satisfied with the status quo.

Certainly noble, but their average ACT is 23.6 and SAT is 1060.

https://www.imgacademy.com/sites/default/files/boardingschoolprofile.pdf

Dallas Jesuit, who you brought up has an average ACT of 30 and SAT of 1320.

For giggles, Waxahachie(who you were bagging on earlier)  is 20.8 for the ACT and 1039 on the SAT.  Not that far off IMG.

But if the ultimate desire of the family is a college scholly to play sports in college, we all know the correct choice of those three.