#2 IMG 35 at #19 Lipscomb Academy 10 Final

• GardenStateBaller changed the title to #2 IMG 0 at #19 Lipscomb Academy TN 0
  • GardenStateBaller changed the title to #2 IMG 7 at #19 Lipscomb Academy 0 Q1
  • GardenStateBaller changed the title to #2 IMG 7 at #19 Lipscomb Academy 3 Q1
  • GardenStateBaller changed the title to #2 IMG 14 at #19 Lipscomb Academy 3 Q1
  • GardenStateBaller changed the title to #2 IMG 14 at #19 Lipscomb Academy 3 Q2
  • GardenStateBaller changed the title to #2 IMG 21 at #19 Lipscomb Academy 3 Q3
  • GardenStateBaller changed the title to #2 IMG 28 at #19 Lipscomb Academy 3 Q3
  • GardenStateBaller changed the title to #2 IMG 35 at #19 Lipscomb Academy 10 Q4
  • GardenStateBaller changed the title to #2 IMG 35 at #19 Lipscomb Academy 10 Final

IMG was on another level.  we had some bright spots and some nice plays here and there but just didn't have the horses to hang.  one nice long offensive drive for us but otherwise didn't find much rhythm there.  our running game didn't look very good at all but deuce can sling it.  defensively, we did as well as I think we could but if we took the wrong angle at all, they were gone.  I just dont think our kids are used to having so many kids that are that fast on the field at once.  most of their scores were big plays, not long drives.  too many penalties didn't help at all.  we got some work to do before saraland! 

anyway, it was a beautiful night so start the season and hopefully, we make some adjustments and keep getting better.  only 1 injury I saw and hopefully it's not serious. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

IMG was on another level.  we had some bright spots and some nice plays here and there but just didn't have the horses to hang.  one nice long offensive drive for us but otherwise didn't find much rhythm there.  our running game didn't look very good at all but deuce can sling it.  defensively, we did as well as I think we could but if we took the wrong angle at all, they were gone.  I just dont think our kids are used to having so many kids that are that fast on the field at once.  most of their scores were big plays, not long drives.  too many penalties didn't help at all.  we got some work to do before saraland! 

anyway, it was a beautiful night so start the season and hopefully, we make some adjustments and keep getting better.  only 1 injury I saw and hopefully it's not serious. 

Losing by only 25 points to this 2023 IMG squad is a badge of honor. I predict that you won't lose another game all season. 

7 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

DL is still a legit top 25 team. It went about like I thought it would (I predicted a 42-14 score). IMG is in the upper elite category. Kudos for taking them on. Just don’t overlook Saraland next week. They won’t be a pushover. 

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Losing by only 25 points to this 2023 IMG squad is a badge of honor. I predict that you won't lose another game all season. 

Tough way to start the season right out of the gate. They “should” win the rest of their games, but they have a tough schedule. 

3 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

thanks!  you were right about that spread so hope you are right again!!  were you at the game?

50 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

DL is still a legit top 25 team. It went about like I thought it would (I predicted a 42-14 score). IMG is in the upper elite category. Kudos for taking them on. Just don’t overlook Saraland next week. They won’t be a pushover. 

yeah, I think/hope they are locked in on that next game.  im planning to go down for that one.