SI article about HS football

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2022 at 12:02 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

This trend is to be expected the in more rural areas of our country. I'd be way more concerned if this was adversely effecting the strong and healthy 7A programs in Arkansas like Bryant, Conway, North Little Rock, Bentonville and Fayetteville, which it's not. 

So you would be happy if HS football was nothing but recruited up private schools and big public schools?  Who cares about country living boys???

Dude - that in Arkansas and it is happening in other places is not good for the game!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Texasball said:

So you would be happy if HS football was nothing but recruited up private schools and big public schools?  Who cares about country living boys???

Dude - that in Arkansas and it is happening in other places is not good for the game!

I'm with you. I love the high-profile games, but to me high school football is still about local teams suiting up very Friday night for their town. There's a place for all of it. I don't know. I would hate it if HS football became something only the big-time programs could compete in.

• Like 2