Preseason rankings

SFA IS DEFINITELY A TOP 3 TEAM THIS YEAE WE CAN DEBATE ABOUT THE FIRST TWO ON THE LIST BUT ANY OTHER TEAM UP HERE WE DEFINITELY BETTER THEN 

I DON'T THINK THERE IS A TEAM BETTER THIS YEAR  THAT CAN MATCH SFA DEPTH AT EVERY POSTION 

#LLA4

#LLLP1

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bmore410 said:

SFA IS DEFINITELY A TOP 3 TEAM THIS YEAE WE CAN DEBATE ABOUT THE FIRST TWO ON THE LIST BUT ANY OTHER TEAM UP HERE WE DEFINITELY BETTER THEN 

I DON'T THINK THERE IS A TEAM BETTER THIS YEAR  THAT CAN MATCH SFA DEPTH AT EVERY POSTION 

#LLA4

#LLLP1

Agreed. You can make a strong case for SFA and I would expect them to be above Chandler in other rankings. Preseason rankings are really only good for discussion. If SFA goes undefeated with their schedule they will be #1 or 2 depending on what MD does, and Bosco perhaps. MDs first 2 games are at Gorman and at Cen10 so we will have some clarity by the end of August.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, WILKINSON said:

Smart man, there is no clear No. 1 in Texas as of yet so you didn't include any from the The Lone Star state. Played it safe. 😉

Unlike with the other lazy HSFB polls, the #1 TX team will not be automatically gifted a Top 10 slot on our NationalHSFB.com poll. They'll have to earn it as the season evolves.  

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Unlike with the other lazy HSFB polls, the #1 TX team will not be automatically gifted a Top 10 slot on our NationalHSFB.com poll. They'll have to earn it as the season evolves.  

That makes sense and is fair but if it’s based on actual production then how can you create any preseason rankings now? Wait until games are played then make a poll 

• Like 1

This year is feeling a lot like Georgia 2021 with no team being the obvious choice for the top-spot in the state of Texas, but for me, these are ahead of the pack:

Austin Westlake

North Shore

Duncanville

Denton Guyer

DeSoto

These aren't too far behind:

Southlake Carroll

Katy

Lake Travis

The Woodlands

Euless Trinity

Denton Ryan

South Oak Cliff

Atascocita

And then there's these: Katy Paetow, Allen, Houston C.E. King, Aledo, Highland Park, Rockwall, Dickinson, Longview

16 minutes ago, WILKINSON said:

This year is feeling a lot like Georgia 2021 with no team being the obvious choice for the top-spot in the state of Texas, but for me, these are ahead of the pack:

Austin Westlake

North Shore

Duncanville

Denton Guyer

DeSoto

Southlake Carroll

Katy

Lake Travis

The Woodlands

Euless Trinity

Denton Ryan

South Oak Cliff

Atascocita

And then there's these: Katy Paetow, Allen, Houston C.E. King, Aledo, Highland Park, Rockwall, Dickinson, Longview

Good list, I think ridge point will be in that 2d group also, they have solid talent within all position groups 

39 minutes ago, WILKINSON said:

Austin Westlake

North Shore

Duncanville

Denton Guyer

DeSoto

Southlake Carroll

Katy

Lake Travis

The Woodlands

Euless Trinity

Denton Ryan

South Oak Cliff

Atascocita

Which teams on this list are playing comparable OOS programs in 2022?

1 hour ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

Which teams on this list are playing comparable OOS programs in 2022?

DeSoto vs St. Frances Academy (MD)

Duncanville vs Orlando Jones (FL)

Atascocita vs Liberty (NV)

Allen vs St. John Bosco (CA)

Denton Ryan vs Bryant (AR)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lazy assessment. SFA is the most talented team in the country so I’m guessing this is off the coaching aspect, which is legitimate. Good Counsel and DeMatha will smoke half these teams in 2022. They should probably start around 10-15 range if this was gauged properly. Both are peaking this season.

Edited by NickMalibu

10 hours ago, NickMalibu said:

Lazy assessment. SFA is the most talented team in the country so I’m guessing this is off the coaching aspect, which is legitimate. Good Counsel and DeMatha will smoke half these teams in 2022. They should probably start around 10-15 range if this was gauged properly. Both are peaking this season.

Both GC and DMC will have their opptys to impress early on. 

GC: SJR, CBR, Moe

DMC: CG FL, Benedictine 

• Thanks 1

On 5/21/2022 at 8:47 AM, Bmore410 said:

#LLA4

#LLLP1

Without question.  IMO, IMG doesn't get ranked ahead of SFA until they actually BEAT SFA for once.  And Chandler ahead of SFA?  Please.  If memory serves, the last time Chandler played an upper echelon team (Cen10), they got smoked.  SFA would murder Chandler.  They way I see it, it's Bosco, SFA, MD in 1,2,3.  Next year, nobody touches MD.

• Like 2

This is the beginning of SFA going even to the next level 

The talent that is coming in this year is crazy the next 4 years MD AN BOSCO is gonna have to face them if they wanna claim that top spot

As for next I think the team is gonna be even better than this year 

THE CULTURE IS JUST DIFFERENT AT SFA NO WERE IN AMERICA LIKE IT

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bmore410 said:

The talent that is coming in this year is crazy the next 4 years MD AN BOSCO is gonna have to face them if they wanna claim that top spot

😂 please, you guys recruit and board players, that’s the difference.  

1 hour ago, Bmore410 said:

Gotta disagree there.  The culture at MD is second to none.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

😂 please, you guys recruit and board players, that’s the difference.  

recruit from were yall be weirdos if anything them Virginia boys wanna play with us what other states o yea one Georgia kid Dominique Wilkins  nephew OT just transferred  for his senior  year these are all MD an D.C boys sounds like a TX fan that already got smoked by Mater dei

You gotta come with some me facts I'm from Bmore so I know what I'm talking bout

JUST HOLD THIS  L WHEN WE BEAT THE BREAKS OF DESOTO TX 🤣🤣

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bmore410 said:

recruit from were yall be weirdos if anything them Virginia boys wanna play with us what other states o yea one Georgia kid Dominique Wilkins  nephew OT just transferred  for his senior  year these are all MD an D.C boys sounds like a TX fan that already got smoked by Mater dei

You gotta come with some me facts I'm from Bmore so I know what I'm talking bout

JUST HOLD THIS  L WHEN WE BEAT THE BREAKS OF DESOTO TX 🤣🤣

Dude please, that’s a tri state area as your talent pool, the only way you can compete is to be rogue outside of MD oversight and board kids from all over the area.  What restrictions do you all have for practices? 

All of that extra BS and you all still don’t have a MNC to your name.  😂  

Edited by Horsefly

48 minutes ago, All Dei said:

Gotta disagree there.  The culture at MD is second to none.  

YEA I AGREE  TWO DIFFERENT CULTURES 

SFA WAS FOUNDED IN 1829

ITS THE OLDEST AN ONLY AFRICAN AMERICAN CATHOLIC SCHOOL IN AMERICA 

SO THATS WHY KIDS WANNA PLAY FOR SFA ITS COACHS AN TEACHERS WHO LOOK LIKE THEM 

I WOULD SAY MATER DEI AN SFA HAVE THE TWO BEST 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Dude please, that area is not top notch for HSFB, the only way you can compete is to be rogue outside of MD oversight and board kids from all over the area.  What restrictions do you all have for practices? 

All of that extra BS and you all still don’t have a MNC to your name.  😂  

Yall be weirdos just talking shut up

SAY ALL THE GOFFY STUFF YOU WANT WE GONNA SMASH THEM TX BOYS