1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Why is this once-proud program shying away from elite, out of state competition of late? 

Every program doesn’t reload and stay in the limelight forever.  

Edited by Horsefly
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Why is this once-proud program shying away from elite, out of state competition of late? 

I get you're trying to build your brand, but calling out teams because they don't play OOS games ain't the way to do it. Have a lil more class.

• Like 1

Lakeland stopped stockpiling all the Polk County talent that was able the beat down STA for decades. 

The coach has been there for almost 50 years and might still have an old school mentality that the newer generation doesn’t care for. 

They don’t have the talent to compete with national top 50 programs so why send their team off to slaughter just to make some message board fans satisfied? 

They are not overrated because no one is ranking them highly. A few years ago they had a special team and beat the tar out of STA (again). They don’t have those type of teams every year. 

I applaud teams that know what they got and don’t embarrass themselves against superior teams on a national stage just to satisfy the radicals (us). Lol. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Lakeland stopped stockpiling all the Polk County talent that was able the beat down STA for decades. 

The coach has been there for almost 50 years and might still have an old school mentality that the newer generation doesn’t care for. 

They don’t have the talent to compete with national top 50 programs so why send their team off to slaughter just to make some message board fans satisfied? 

They are not overrated because no one is ranking them highly. A few years ago they had a special team and beat the tar out of STA (again). They don’t have those type of teams every year. 

I applaud teams that know what they got and don’t embarrass themselves against superior teams on a national stage just to satisfy the radicals (us). Lol. 

Well said. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Couldn't have said it better myself. And this goes for all the other teams across the nation. Not everyone needs to play out of state competition. It's nice for us spectators and aficionados, but not necessary. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MC ROCKETS said:

I get you're trying to build your brand, but calling out teams because they don't play OOS games ain't the way to do it. Have a lil more class.

Also noticed that some teams that don't use the services get belittled. Smh.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WILKINSON said:

Couldn't have said it better myself. And this goes for all the other teams across the nation. Not everyone needs to play out of state competition. It's nice for us spectators and aficionados, but not necessary. 

I don't think they need to play OOS,  but they need to schedule a lot better instate teams.  Their schedule is a joke annually

Edited by Steeler01
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

I don't think they need to play OOS,  but they need to schedule a lot better instate teams.  Their schedule is a joke annually

Now this, I could agree with. Maybe not tier one or upper tier two teams, but better teams nonetheless. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WILKINSON said:

Also noticed that some teams that don't use the services get belittled. Smh.

Not true at all. That exchange started because some in their community were pumping their chests claiming that they were a top team in FL. Nothing wrong with slapping some sense and reality into a few delusional people.  

7 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Never said they should schedule a Top 50 program. ANY reputable OOS would do. They can't claim to be the best without beating the best! 

• 5 weeks later...