Bishop Gorman News

8 hours ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

Word out of Vegas is the 2022 version of the Gaels will be one of their best.  Even rivaling the 2016 "no weakness" squad. The Stache may have bit off more than they can chew.

What changed from last year when MC, who was handily beaten by SJB, was six inches away from beating BG? 

• Like 2

The Bishop was young in ‘21.  Started mostly underclassmen at the key positions on both sides of the ball. 

They were 12-1 last year and the defense didn’t give up more than 2 TD’s after week 2 (not counting Hamilton fluke) while posting 7 consecutive shut outs.  All LBers, and secondary returns along with top DL

QB was a soph last year and threw for 2600 yards with 31 TD and only 2 int 

Top WR and Top RB both return

The chatter is real, and expectations are sky high.   This is a Tier 1 team. 

4 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

Was it really that Impressive though?

ST. Louis HI- Win- Most Overrated Team in the Country every year, Not even a State Champ in a State where they play the same Bad Teams like 4Times Each….

Hamilton- Loss- Not Even A State Champ….

Central- Win- Lower Level FL State Champ….

Lone Peak- Win…. Didn’t even go undefeated against UT Teams….

7 Shutouts- All against Terrible NV Teams….

I am with @GardenStateBaller and @Extremely Humble, I don’t see how MD would have any worries about this game, especially with MD’s Defense….. 

But I do hope The Bishop is Back!!… West Coast HSFB is much Better when The Bishop is Good!!!!…. I just need to see more before I put them in Tier 1…. 

I expect MD to win this game with ease. Won't be as bad as the BC or DV games, but the outcome will never be in question. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, THEOC89 said:

Was it really that Impressive though?

ST. Louis HI- Win- Most Overrated Team in the Country every year, Not even a State Champ in a State where they play the same Bad Teams like 4Times Each….

Hamilton- Loss- Not Even A State Champ….

Central- Win- Lower Level FL State Champ….

Lone Peak- Win…. Didn’t even go undefeated against UT Teams….

7 Shutouts- All against Terrible NV Teams….

I am with @GardenStateBaller and @Extremely Humble, I don’t see how MD would have any worries about this game, especially with MD’s Defense….. 

But I do hope The Bishop is Back!!… West Coast HSFB is much Better when The Bishop is Good!!!!…. I just need to see more before I put them in Tier 1…. 

The Bishop went 12-1 vs a very  solid preleague schedule.  Even in the one loss, they controlled the entire game up to the onside kick special team fiasco.

They have as many returning impact starters as any team in the Country.   Their pre league 2022 schedule is ambitious.  No reason they can't start in Tier 1 and give them the opportunity to play their way out of it.   If they stay within 2 scores of MD, then they can show they belong.  I expect the pre season polls will also follow suit

• Like 1

On 3/18/2022 at 5:59 AM, Professor Fate said:

You think you have it bad? If MaxPreps is correct, Servite has 5 non-league away games this year...to go along with 3 away games in league...total of eight road games and two home games.☹️

We always enjoyed the tailgating in the Cerritos JC parking ot pre game.   So much fun!  Get there at 5:00, set up the tables, break out the Cab/Chard and cheese and horderves..... WE even brought the RV to Vegas and did the same in their parking lot.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/7/2022 at 4:51 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

All DBS ARE COMMITTED 

BACKUPS HAVE OFFERS 

ALL LBS HAVE OFFERS WITH THE 2 TRANFERS 

THE WHOLE DLINE HAVE OFFERS INCLUDING TRANFERS THE DEFENSE MAYBE BETTER THAN THE OFFENSE 

PRACTICE STARTS MONDAY SO ILL SEE 

I'LL LET EVERYONE KNOW THERE WEAKNESS 

18 minutes ago, Antt said:

All DBS ARE COMMITTED 

BACKUPS HAVE OFFERS 

ALL LBS HAVE OFFERS WITH THE 2 TRANFERS 

THE WHOLE DLINE HAVE OFFERS INCLUDING TRANFERS THE DEFENSE MAYBE BETTER THAN THE OFFENSE 

PRACTICE STARTS MONDAY SO ILL SEE 

I'LL LET EVERYONE KNOW THERE WEAKNESS 

With a win vs MD on 8/26, BG would become the only team in the modern era of HSFB to beat the three (3) Cali elites (MD, SJB, Cen10) plus STA. 

37 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Several elites have beaten DLS. And Servite should not be included in this exercise. 

2011 Servite was a Top 25 team at game time.   The Bishop was only saved by a TV timeout when The Friars we’re rolling Gormans  exhuasted d en route to what would have been the go ahead TD

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

2011 Servite was a Top 25 team at game time.   The Bishop was only saved by a TV timeout when The Friars we’re rolling Gormans  exhuasted d en route to what would have been the go ahead TD

Excuse thread material 😂

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

We will take it but I wanted Servite vs gorman last year because I don't think you guys will be the same for a few years 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...