Should there be a high school national championship with top teams that are ranked?

6 minutes ago, Stevenfrmdab said:

Should there be a high school national championship with top teams that are ranked?

Several have attempted such. The governing bodies of CA and TX have never bought in. Without them the concept will never come to fruition. The best we have currently is the Geico Bowl Series each December. 

28 minutes ago, Stevenfrmdab said:

Absolutely! But I think it should be one for all-privates, and one for all-publics.

So the best publics from TX, FL, AZ, GA, amongst others for example would battle it out at the end of the year. Maybe like a 16 team bracket. 

9 hours ago, WILKINSON said:

Absolutely! But I think it should be one for all-privates, and one for all-publics.

So the best publics from TX, FL, AZ, GA, amongst others for example would battle it out at the end of the year. Maybe like a 16 team bracket. 

In Florida the publics recruit more than the private 😂

33 minutes ago, NinetytwoGatorDawg said:

It’s a cool thing to think about.

How many extra games would this involve? Also, I wonder what top level recruits and their committed college programs would think of these extra games (potential for injury). 

For now, I see it as something That sounds good but I can’t see a pathway to make it happen. 

Couldn't get away with more than a semifinal and finals. 

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

What if teams left their respective state leagues to play independent or make a super conference?

That's already been attempted. Not enough indie teams available to make it work. Plus, most state associations would require a school to pull all of their sports from the league not just football. As an aside I'm currently in the process of forming an unoffical, defacto league to accommodate those that need it. More to come. 

• Like 1

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

That's already been attempted. Not enough indie teams available to make it work. Plus, most state associations would require a school to pull all of their sports from the league not just football. As an aside I'm currently in the process of forming an unoffical, defacto league to accommodate those that need it. More to come. 

So it seems to pull a conference like that off you need it to be able to accommodate all sports 

The thing is several of these teams are powerhouses in multiple sports and in those sports they have hard time filling a schedule

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

Correct. it could be done as long as IMG and SFA were there to start it. 

Yeah but for all intensive purposes you probably want it to be a conference to cover all three sports seasons 

You will also want someone who will pay good money to broadcast games year round to help add additional financial revenue to cover the new expenses

Football isn't the only sport that can be profitable if a conference like that can work, you need several sports to carry the weight and able to make money for it to last

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

Yeah but for all intensive purposes you probably want it to be a conference to cover all three sports seasons 

You will also want someone who will pay good money to broadcast games year round to help add additional financial revenue to cover the new expenses

Football isn't the only sport that can be profitable if a conference like that can work, you need several sports to carry the weight and able to make money for it to last

It would be ONLY a HSFB conference. 

Just now, Columbiafan said:

That would be a hard sell to get an official conference because no school will leave a state association just to get football in a conference and leave every other program stranded 

Unofficial, de facto conference as I posted before. Used mostly for scheduling purposes. The top 2 teams would play in the Flo Bowl at seasons end. 

• Like 1