Super Prep League Update

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What do these top players have to gain by participating? In the case of Marcus Harris (which I have not heard anything from MD folks about him doing this), he has offers from everybody and can pick his school. By playing in this league, he is only exposing himself to an increased chance of injury. I see this as an unnecessary risk for a kid such as this.

But I can see kids that have yet to receive offers doing this an opportunity for recruiters to get more looks at them.

8 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

What do these top players have to gain by participating? In the case of Marcus Harris (which I have not heard anything from MD folks about him doing this), he has offers from everybody and can pick his school. By playing in this league, he is only exposing himself to an increased chance of injury. I see this as an unnecessary risk for a kid such as this.

But I can see kids that have yet to receive offers doing this an opportunity for recruiters to get more looks at them.

Marcus Harris is not playing in it, in fact he didn't even now his name and likeness was be used to promote this game, which I have a feeling Harris isn't the only one. What I found fishy, was the fact not one player's social media was tagged or listed their handles (X account), on those nice graphics promoting their commitments to the game. Yet this league is to start next week?? and not one California kid has confirmed to play nor has the California media has written anything about it. And I believe California kids would have to get CIF approval, or forfeit their upcoming senior season, knowing the way CIF works, they wont allow the formerly known as Geico OOS championship after the state games. 

This all for what 2-6 games? Not worth it. 

• Like 1

Couple of things about this league.

1.  College Coaches are aware and actually like the concept.

2.  NIL money will end up funneling from the colleges wink wink boosters.

3.  New early signing period that will be voted in will eventually help this league

4.  Athletes will use this league as their SR.  Year - then graduate early (easy to do these days especially if planned) see Quinn Ewers.  

5.  Will be enrolled at the university (boosters) who helped them originally with the NIL money.

6.  Motivational factors include - 1.  Nutrition 2. Injury prevention thru proper training.  3.  Not being over used -example running back getting over worked his sr year in HS.  

7.  3 years if all goes good and you are in the nfl.   Elite athletes will play 3 years in college.  Others only 2.  However, year one you would have still been in HS. 

8.  Don’t forget about the potential NIL money.   

it may take few years for concept to really catch on.  Potentially this great deal for some kids across the country!

Not fan of this.  Trust me the universities really like the thought of having elite players on campus early.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2024 at 8:18 PM, covercorner said:

Marcus Harris is not playing in it, in fact he didn't even now his name and likeness was be used to promote this game, which I have a feeling Harris isn't the only one. What I found fishy, was the fact not one player's social media was tagged or listed their handles (X account), on those nice graphics promoting their commitments to the game. Yet this league is to start next week?? and not one California kid has confirmed to play nor has the California media has written anything about it. And I believe California kids would have to get CIF approval, or forfeit their upcoming senior season, knowing the way CIF works, they wont allow the formerly known as Geico OOS championship after the state games. 

This all for what 2-6 games? Not worth it. 

Actually, the plan is for kids to skip sr year of football.  Play at MD Sophomore and JR.  play in this league spring of Junior year.  Graduate early and head to college.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

Couple of things about this league.

1.  College Coaches are aware and actually like the concept.

2.  NIL money will end up funneling from the colleges wink wink boosters.

3.  New early signing period that will be voted in will eventually help this league

4.  Athletes will use this league as their SR.  Year - then graduate early (easy to do these days especially if planned) see Quinn Ewers.  

5.  Will be enrolled at the university (boosters) who helped them originally with the NIL money.

6.  Motivational factors include - 1.  Nutrition 2. Injury prevention thru proper training.  3.  Not being over used -example running back getting over worked his sr year in HS.  

7.  3 years if all goes good and you are in the nfl.   Elite athletes will play 3 years in college.  Others only 2.  However, year one you would have still been in HS. 

8.  Don’t forget about the potential NIL money.   

it may take few years for concept to really catch on.  Potentially this great deal for some kids across the country!

Not fan of this.  Trust me the universities really like the thought of having elite players on campus early.

# 6 above is happening when they are already on campus at the university they chose starting the fall of what would have been their sr year in HS.

trust me the vast majority will have better training and nutrition at the universities vs being at home playing HS football!

• Like 1