Better hypothetical non-conference schedule?

32 minutes ago, Softballguy said:

Team A:

St Thomas Aquinas

Miami Central

AHP

Venice 

Cocoa 

Jacksonville Trinity Christian

Team B:

Lake Placid (FL)

Victory Christian (FL)

Baldwin (FL) 

Tift County (GA)

Highland Springs (VA)

Bixby (OK) 

Based on the above scenario Team A obviously had the more difficult non-conference schedule this season. But when it comes to SOS, it's all about the complete and full body of work. For example, if Team B plays in an insanely tough conference, its SOS could be higher than Team As at season's end. 

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Based on the above scenario Team A obviously had the more difficult non-conference schedule this season. But when it comes to SOS, it's all about the complete and full body of work. For example, if Team B plays in an insanely tough conference, its SOS could be higher than Team As at season's end. 

Well I didn't look at any specific teams

Mostly wanted to test the question of is it better to face nationally ranked competition in the same state or play teams from other states that aren't nationally elite 

So say a team finished undefeated with similar competition as these teams with those as non conference wins you would say team A would have the more impressive resume right?

44 minutes ago, Softballguy said:

Well I didn't look at any specific teams

Mostly wanted to test the question of is it better to face nationally ranked competition in the same state or play teams from other states that aren't nationally elite 

So say a team finished undefeated with similar competition as these teams with those as non conference wins you would say team A would have the more impressive resume right?

If Team A beat all six of those non-conference teams AND went undefeated in conference play, I'd be impressed. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/21/2024 at 3:03 PM, Omaha Vol said:

Except that Bixby was a top 20-30 team the last two years. No idea what they’ll be like this year. 

Yeah but they are largely that high for going undefeated in a state where they face little to no competition

• Thanks 1

On 2/14/2024 at 9:21 AM, Softballguy said:

Yeah but they are largely that high for going undefeated in a state where they face little to no competition

I wish they would play some OOS teams. Union and Jenks used to do it and had pretty decent results. Bixby has been stomping mudholes in those two for a few years now. It's time for them to venture out.....

8 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

I wish they would play some OOS teams. Union and Jenks used to do it and had pretty decent results. Bixby has been stomping mudholes in those two for a few years now. It's time for them to venture out.....

They refuse to schedule teams from non-bordering states. It's why OK HSFB is never taken seriously.