#1 Mater Dei 0 at #8 SJB 28 Final

1 hour ago, pied said:

Each program and association has different reasons for scheduling or not scheduling teams. These schools and groups do not exist to win national titles. 

I’d certainly not classify any as “cowardly”. 

Not being able to play some of the other top programs in the country certainly can’t help attract players though. That is also not BG or the CIG’s concern. 

BG is free to play both IMG and SFA. They refuse to do such. Avoiding elite teams like them and Mater Dei (this season) will never bode well in a team's quest for a MNC. At least in our poll. 

10 minutes ago, pied said:

Interesting.  Checks notes:

• USA Today - #1
  • CalPreps - #3
  • Massey - #4
  • MaxPreps - #1
  • BlueStarMedia - # 2
  • HSFA - #2
  • SB Live - #1
  • ESPN - #1
  • GSB Poll - #5

I'm guessing they can live with being ranked by four polls including the USA Today and ESPN one, but that is just a guess.

No two polls will ever be the exact same! And MCs 2022 MNC rings look beautiful if I don't say so myself 😉 Our annual MNC check for $5,000 helped purchase them! 

20231017_163140.jpg

5 minutes ago, pied said:

Those are certainly nice rings and it's awesome they were recognized.

Being recognized by ESPN/USA Today/Max Preps is pretty nice too.

Too bad they don't reward their #1s with a beautiful trophy and/or monetary donation for such an esteemed and enviable feat! Would be nice if they did and much needed by many programs. 

#1 2023.jpg

24 minutes ago, pied said:

II'm going to go out on a limb and say that the people at BG are more interested in being ranked #1 by ESPN/USA Today/MaxPreps/SB Live, than listening to your critiques.

They should be promoting all the polls that present them in a favorable light! In the end, there's no way they're winning a unanimous MNC, which is almost impossible to do these days. In fact if SJB, BG and IMG all win out, we'll probably have three MNCs this season. And that's not  bad thing!! 

• Like 1