The Hardest Schedule in the History of HSFB!

20 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

No team in TX could stay within 28 points of those first three teams. This has already been abundantly proven. 

And you and I both know that no TX team will ever schedule MD and IMG going fwd. 

You people like to ASS/U/ME - You can't assume that group like SFA is always going to replace players with equal or better players from year to year.  This team is simply not the quality you had imagined!  Now you going to ASSUME all this and that about Buford.  I am not going to assume that Buford is the best public school in Georgia, much less the best in the nation.  Last year they were not the best in Georgia or the nation and I can't assume they are this year, just because the beat SFA in early game. 

The same goes for all the other private schools who depend on recruiting players - transfers to be elite.   

23 minutes ago, Texasball said:

You people like to ASS/U/ME - You can't assume that group like SFA is always going to replace players with equal or better players from year to year.  This team is simply not the quality you had imagined!  Now you going to ASSUME all this and that about Buford.  I am not going to assume that Buford is the best public school in Georgia, much less the best in the nation.  Last year they were not the best in Georgia or the nation and I can't assume they are this year, just because the beat SFA in early game. 

The same goes for all the other private schools who depend on recruiting players - transfers to be elite.   

If all of the above is true, why didn’t ANY TX power schedule an elite OOS private this season? And why is the President of your football coaches association sending out emails discouraging such? 

9 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

If all of the above is true, why didn’t ANY TX power schedule an elite OOS private this season? And why is the President of your football coaches association sending out emails discouraging such? 

The above is true!  I can't speak for the association and coaches are not calling me asking who they should schedule.

1 hour ago, pied said:

My opinion.  Texas has been anti-private school football for many years and has held on to the nostalgic, "play for the hometown" team.  

There is no doubt that there has been an accumulation of talent at several schools across the countyr and that is growing more prevalent each season.  I'm sure much is natural attraction, but some schools are set up to be different (IMG/SFA).

Most coaches in Texas, however would certainly take a move in and start them if they will help them win and their transfer is "clean".  Every school seems to think their transfers are legit and it's the others that "recruit".

I also think many coaches are scared that you'll see an IMG type school set up shop in DFW or Houston.  Could be a great move for an investor.  

The THSCA trying to villianize the schools like IMG/SFA and to an extent the talent accumulators SJB/MD.  

tldr - Texas has always been anti-private school football.  The rise of teams that have taken Texas schools to the woodshed has exacerbated that.

Great take!

1 hour ago, pied said:

My opinion.  Texas has been anti-private school football for many years and has held on to the nostalgic, "play for the hometown" team.  

There is no doubt that there has been an accumulation of talent at several schools across the countyr and that is growing more prevalent each season.  I'm sure much is natural attraction, but some schools are set up to be different (IMG/SFA).

Most coaches in Texas, however would certainly take a move in and start them if they will help them win and their transfer is "clean".  Every school seems to think their transfers are legit and it's the others that "recruit".

I also think many coaches are scared that you'll see an IMG type school set up shop in DFW or Houston.  Could be a great move for an investor.  

The THSCA trying to villianize the schools like IMG/SFA and to an extent the talent accumulators SJB/MD.  

tldr - Texas has always been anti-private school football.  The rise of teams that have taken Texas schools to the woodshed has exacerbated that.

being honest, I don't have issues with the vast majority of Private Schools.  The vast majority of them are not stacked up with 30+ D1 kids like SJB and MD creating all-star type teams.  Last year - SJB had 8 or 9 impactful transfers and that was coming from something that SJB football themselves published.  

You are going to see less and less public schools lining up against stacked private schools!  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, pied said:

Will be interesting to see where this goes in Texas.  I think most more than casual observers would say that kids transferring schools is just increasing.  Not a lot of appetite to really crack down that I've seen because the ramifications end up hurting a lot of kids and programs, because people DO move around more now than we did ~20 years ago.  

I think I know what the structure for IMG is and not sure there's a reason for them to open up new academies, but one in Texas could be HUGE(along with one in SoCal).  

The big question is who'd they play.  You think the THSCA doesn't like IMG/SJB/MD/SFA, move one into their backyard and it would be WILD!

I've always said if a TX private like Jesuit , Prestonwood or Parish Episcopal wanted, they could replicate what MD, SJB, SFA and BG are doing rather quickly. 

8 minutes ago, pied said:

YEARS ago I pegged Prestonwood, Liberty Christian and Clay Academy (associated with The Potter's House church) as ones that may get into that area.  Not sure Clay is a HS now and Parish Episcopal is the more likely at this juncture.  

Don't see Jesuit being that interested.  They do well at sports but don't think they have that kind of leadership or mission.  Can't really speak to the Houston area, but if forced to pick one, I'd say Bellaire Episcopal.

Maybe Strake Jesuit in Houston? 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, pied said:

The Jesuit schools will have been in the UIL for 20 years.  They certainly haven't become some "recruited up private school" and there is nothing to look like they will in the future.

FWIW - I was very against them joining back then, but  #1 my perspective has changed and #2 they appear to be model schools, so no big deal, right?

MD, SJB, BG, SFA, STA are all models schools too, no? 

Just now, pied said:

I meant within their governing body. 

SFA was quasi-kicked out/left theirs correct?  

Nevada toyed with an "anti Gorman" bill.

MD/SJB have PLENTY of detractors in California as does STA in Florida.  

You could certainly point to the fact that the Jesuit schools in Texas haven't won at nearly the level as these other schools.  Hard to recall anyone in Texas having something negative to say about these two.

Haters only come out once you start winning bigly. Because the TX privates don't play or win big games, they're still disregarded. This would change if ballers started matriculating of them, and the started to beat the power privates. One can dream. 

22 hours ago, pied said:

Will be interesting to see where this goes in Texas.  I think most more than casual observers would say that kids transferring schools is just increasing.  Not a lot of appetite to really crack down that I've seen because the ramifications end up hurting a lot of kids and programs, because people DO move around more now than we did ~20 years ago.  

I think I know what the structure for IMG is and not sure there's a reason for them to open up new academies, but one in Texas could be HUGE(along with one in SoCal).  

The big question is who'd they play.  You think the THSCA doesn't like IMG/SJB/MD/SFA, move one into their backyard and it would be WILD!

The issue in Texas is the system.  1 good transfer that can help is challenging much of the time.  We see examples of this every year.  The issue starts with the coach who is losing the player.  Poor system because it’s not consistent across the state. 

I don’t ever want to see Texas schools allowing schools to load up with other schools players who have already established themselves on the Varsity level at another school.  8 impactful transfers is ridiculous.  Plus most of them 7 of 8 sr year only transfers that already had many D1 offers!!! Really goes against what Hs football is all about.  

23 hours ago, pied said:

Yeah, it's a tough system for sure.  You don't want to make it harder on yourself if you're on the receiving end.  I'm certainly not aware of ~8+ transfers, but there are examples like Steele getting three and DeSoto(many more) getting two.

Deandre Moore WR - Transferred from Los Alamitos Sr year only 2023 - AT Univ of Texas as true frosh now.

Aaron Williams CB - Transferred from Los Alamitos Sr year only 2023 - was committed to Louisville prior to sr year.

Eric Denham WR/RB - same story as above from Corona Centennial - at Portland State

Israel Polk 2023 WR from Pittsburg CA - at Univ of Pitt 

Vaka Hansen - again 2023 DL from Servite - SJSU 

Sean Na'a - 2023 OL from Westlake Orange County - At Arizona State 

Hoi Hansen 2024 LB/RB from Servite - ???

Cameron Jones - 2024 RB Corona Centennial - Committed to UCLA - this kid is seriously good!

The above all considered impactful transfers for last season.   8 players - 6 of them Sr. year only 

I believe GSB and I posted this last year.   

This is building team thru recruiting/transfers - Talented transfers on top of that.  

Who knows how many transferred this year?

Question - You like schools to stack their roster with established already recruited talent from other High Schools?

Consider this - SJB already returned 14 starters from the previous team - Then they added the above to already loaded roster going into 2023 season.

Do you believe this is good for the future of High School football?  

Do you care of public-school football survives?