The Tiers - 2021 end of year

3 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

😊 Touche’

May I ask, who in Tier 2 beats Westlake by two or more touchdowns?

I was thinking Tier 2 for Westlake, but now that you mention it, Cen10, IMG and MC would consistently beat Westlake by 2+ TDs.  Maybe mid- to low-Tier 2? 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, All Dei said:

Cen10 has 2x more 3-5 stars in the class of '23 than MD has.

That’s a lie and why only count class of ‘23 cuz it’s not only those kids that play. At the end of the day count all the kids with scholarships and it’s definitely between 20-30 Cen10 has maybe 5-6 kids. We’re talking apple to oranges here. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CaliFB said:

That’s a lie and why only count class of ‘23 cuz it’s not only those kids that play. At the end of the day count all the kids with scholarships and it’s definitely between 20-30 Cen10 has maybe 5-6 kids. We’re talking apple to oranges here. 

Oh, my bad, what was I thinking?  It's 7-4, not 8-4.  BFD.  The point was that Cen10 has more 3-5 stars in '23 than it lost in '22.  Cen10's gonna be just fine.  Relax, cupcake.

MD '23

Sua - 4*
Shannon - 3*
Tolo - 3*
Funa - 3*

Cen10 '23

Williams - 4*
Chambliss - 3*
Riley - 3*
Conti - 3*
Carter - 3*
Conklin - 3*
Anderson - 3*

Edited by All Dei
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, All Dei said:

Oh, my bad, what was I thinking?  It's 7-4, not 8-4.  BFD.  The point was that Cen10 has more 3-5 stars in '23 than it lost in '22.  Cen10's gonna be just fine.  Relax, cupcake.

MD '23

Sua - 4*
Shannon - 3*
Tolo - 3*
Funa - 3*

Cen10 '23

Williams - 4*
Chambliss - 3*
Riley - 3*
Conti - 3*
Carter - 3*
Conklin - 3*
Anderson - 3*

Does Mater Dei just play with its class of ‘23 players? No so let’s not leave out all the other kids. 

CLASS OF 2024:

WR Jack Ressler

LB Ramere Davis

QB Elijah Brown

DL Aydin Breland 

DL Kaho Tuihalamaka 

CB Zabien Brown

OT DeAndre Carter

OT Brandon Baker

CLASS OF 2025:

RB Jordon Davison

WR Marcus Harris

And I’m sure there’s a few more I missed 

Edited by CaliFB
  • Like 1

On 3/30/2022 at 6:29 AM, pied said:

It's an interesting conversation, and becomes circular to me.  Against tier 1 Servite, was 1-3 (MD/SJB) and SJB was 1-2 (MD/SJB).  STA > STA but that was it for competition there.  

In Tier 2 you have this cluster of BG/Hamilton/Saguaro.  BG lost to Hamilton, Hamilton lost to Saguaro, and Saguaro lost to a 5-loss Chaparral.  What makes those teams Tier 2? The you have SLC who's only loss was to Duncanville, who lost to T1 MD and T2 NS.  

In Tier 4 you have Katy, who's only loss was to Tier 1 WL.  

Interesting stuff!

Good job digging deeper into the soup.  The Tiers are crowd sourced so we rely on members providing input and opinion.

Katy (Tier 4).  Why?  Crushed by Westlake, no Top 100 wins, one score wins over marginal teams Summer Creek, Dickinson, The Woodlands.

AZ teams (Tier 2)- Hamilton beat The Bishop who beat MC in Fla.  Saguaro did lose by 1 point to Chaparral but they had Top 50 wins over Hamilton, Chandler, Sierra Canyon 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

Don't blame The Tiers.  Talk to the Texas coaches who dodge playing good OOS teams or superior teams in their own state.  The 56-14 weekly Texas whitewash games don't carry much water in The Tiers

People can dislike the tiers for other reasons besides placement of teams from TX.  

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Lack of depth in IDing teams in each tier (limited to teams most talked about) 

criteria used in determining placement 

Thanks.  Always looking for good feeback and ways to improve. 

As far as limited teams, the purpose of a message board is to stimulate discussion.  That is why we don't bother placing teams in Tiers that no one cares about.  But if someone wants a team placed, and the team is Tier 6 or better, we will place them on a Tier.  With 15000 total teams, probably 200 could be in the Top 6 Tiers.  That is simply to many teams to track and would make The Tiers cumbersome.

As far as lack of depth in ID'ing teams, we have members from all over the country that we want to chime in and improve the product.  GSB, among some others are guys who makes constructive arguments regarding teams, and in alot of cases, revisions are made (hence crowd sourcing). 

We hope to get some good input regarding Texas this season.  Without that, Texas will not be represented appropriately.

On 3/29/2022 at 8:55 PM, CaliFB said:

At the end of the day count all the kids with scholarships and it’s definitely between 20-30 Cen10 has maybe 5-6 kids.

"...count all the kids with scholarships...Cen10 has maybe 5-6 kids."  WTH?  They have 7 in the class of '23 alone! 🤣