The Tiers - 2021 end of year

Just now, Sammy Swordsman said:

LOL.  During your interview (even though you pressed him on Cen10 being best) Coach Rollo backed up Servite being tougher and said MD offense had an off night vs. Cen10.   #vindicated #Cen10Tier2

Cen10s D forced them into having an off-night! 2021 Cen10 will ALWAYS be T1 in my book. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, THEOC89 said:

MD will win By Multiple TD’s…. They Took Cen10 Lightly, That’s why Rollo said Servite was the toughest Opponent….. MD was looking past Cen10 to Servite or SJB again….

These are HS Kids, that stuff Happens even to the greatest of Teams…. MD won’t do it Twice though and if all Cen10 can do is score 16, it will be like a 45-16 type of game…..

Exactly.  Coach even said the same about “these are HS kids, off day etc.”

the whole gaslighting about Cen10 was promolgated by the MD booster/Servite haters who were looking for an opening to poke at Servite.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

MD will win By Multiple TD’s…. They Took Cen10 Lightly, That’s why Rollo said Servite was the toughest Opponent….. MD was looking past Cen10 to Servite or SJB again….

These are HS Kids, that stuff Happens even to the greatest of Teams…. MD won’t do it Twice though and if all Cen10 can do is score 16, it will be like a 45-16 type of game…..

Will Servite ever be good again? Have a quality team like they did in '21? 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Yes and all the MD Booster/Servite Haters will Never Admit the MD Players took Cen10 Lightly Because they don’t want to Admit that Servite was the Best Team they played last year…..

I am all about Cen10, but they did not Beat SJB in a Playoff game by 3 TD’s like Servite did…. Their Best game is a “Close Loss” which means nothing other then you lost….🤣

Why did MD take Cen10 lightly?

a. MD crushed Cen10 in the week 0 “scrimmage”

2 hours ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

Why did MD take Cen10 lightly?

a. MD crushed Cen10 in the week 0 “scrimmage”

Wrong and wrong. Just because MD offense had an off night doesn’t mean we took them lightly. Cen10 defense had a lot to do with it also. And do you really think anybody would ever take Cen10 lightly? 
Why do you interpret that as a slight to Servite? 
I expect Cen10 will be our toughest game next year also. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Wrong and wrong. Just because MD offense had an off night doesn’t mean we took them lightly. Cen10 defense had a lot to do with it also. And do you really think anybody would ever take Cen10 lightly? 
Why do you interpret that as a slight to Servite? 
I expect Cen10 will be our toughest game next year also. 

IMO.  SJB will be your toughest game this coming season. (Due to their superior line play)  Cen10 will be a close second.

I respect your opinion about Cen10 last year.   You were at the games and I wasn’t.  However I don’t think 2021 Cen10 beats Servite

7 hours ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

IMO.  SJB will be your toughest game this coming season. (Due to their superior line play)  Cen10 will be a close second.

I respect your opinion about Cen10 last year.   You were at the games and I wasn’t.  However I don’t think 2021 Cen10 beats Servite

Fair enough. That’s why we have this board. I agree with the superior line play of Bosco. It’s just having to play against Matt Logan makes me lose sleep. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CaliFB said:

Cen10 probably should be tier 1 for last season. But this coming season MD should roll Cen10. They lost a lot of talent on both sides of ball. 

If Cen10 can be Tier 1 without a marquee win then that would open the door for people demanding to add a lot of other teams and make it impossible to defend not adding those teams.

#Centergrove

#graham- Kapowsin

#Collins Hill

#Bergen Catholic

#Venice

#Jesuit

22 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

If Cen10 can be Tier 1 without a marquee win then that would open the door for people demanding to add a lot of other teams and make it impossible to defend not adding those teams.

#Centergrove

#graham- Kapowsin

#Collins Hill

#Bergen Catholic

#Venice

#Jesuit

Never as those others SOS are way too low. Cen10 finished at a respectable 55.0, the highest of ANY public in America! 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

Exactly.  Coach even said the same about “these are HS kids, off day etc.”

the whole gaslighting about Cen10 was promolgated by the MD booster/Servite haters who were looking for an opening to poke at Servite.

Explain the championship game, then.  Definitely NOT MD's toughest game. 🤣

31 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

#Centergrove

#graham- Kapowsin

#Collins Hill

#Bergen Catholic

#Venice

#Jesuit

Would DLS have been Tier 1 most of the 90s before they starting reeling off marquee wins?  Absolutely.  Marquee wins are not everything.

• Like 1

Surprised no one else has mentioned it, so I will: Tier 1 looks right, except for Westlake.  Talk about no marquee wins.  Until a TX team can beat a Tier 1 program, they are all suspect.  Do we really need SJB and SFA to embarrass another two TX "powers" before everyone realizes this?

12 minutes ago, All Dei said:

Surprised no one else has mentioned it, so I will: Tier 1 looks right, except for Westlake.  Talk about no marquee wins.  Until a TX team can beat a Tier 1 program, they are all suspect.  Do we really need SJB and SFA to embarrass another two TX "powers" before everyone realizes this?

Legit point.  Westlake blew their chance to be MNC by ducking Mater Dei.   Texas teams can no longer slip into the #1 spot without beating another State Champion or have a similar marquee win.

From the Tiers perspective some would say it would be  too punitive to demote an undefeated Texas State 6A Champion with solid wins, to Tier 2 without data points to cite.   So far no one can come up with a good reason other than DV got smashed by IMG and MD.   (Although if DV had beat NS then the “Texas State Champ” (box checked) would have a lot less street cred. 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

Legit point.  Westlake blew their chance to be MNC by ducking Mater Dei.   Texas teams can no longer slip into the #1 spot without beating another State Champion or have a similar marquee win.

From the Tiers perspective some would say it would be  too punitive to demote an undefeated Texas State 6A Champion with solid wins, to Tier 2 without data points to cite.   So far no one can come up with a good reason other than DV got smashed by IMG and MD.   (Although if DV had beat NS then the “Texas State Champ” (box checked) would have a lot less street cred. 

And almost beat NS they did. On a neutral field.  While getting shellacked by 42 on their home field.  TX is Tier 2 and below until they prove otherwise.

• Like 2