NationalHSFB.com Top 25 Rankings- 11/28/22

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

LOL Have you also let Jeff Fisher of HSFA know how you feel? His proprietory algorithm agrees with our poll!! 

The Calpreps Proprietory algorithm has MC at #7 which is probably about right.

But if you want to use the averages of both Proprietory algorithm's then MC is #3.5.  I can live with that.

Per @Longtime Observer:

The season results of SJB OOS opponents should greatly call into question the Braves’ worthiness as “national champions”.

At the time of the game with Allen, most generally perceived Allen to be about as good as anyone else in Texas. There were some that pushed back on that, sure. But, most of us were awed by Bosco’s steamrolling of a team that had been right up there among the very best for many years. In reality, Allen finished 7-4 and suffered two additional blowout losses. Guyer won by more points (though a blowout is a blowout) and Lewisville, who has no reputation that most are aware of, hammered them 43-18. As it turns out, the Allen win was really no big deal within the context of nationally elite teams.

Portland Central Catholic, who is quite questionable as a really meaningful win in the first place, was destroyed, 49-17, by West Linn, whose “claim to fame” is being the alma mater of Cade McNown, who is a total unknown to anyone outside of CA or Miami. 

Kahuku is a plodding team that deserves credit for being hard-nosed but is hardly an elite team nationally. That was a home win that didn’t reach running-clock status. 

So, the idea that Bosco, who of course also suffered a loss by double-digits, is supposed to be an indisputable “national champ” is quite laughable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Per @Longtime Observer:

The season results of SJB OOS opponents should greatly call into question the Braves’ worthiness as “national champions”.

At the time of the game with Allen, most generally perceived Allen to be about as good as anyone else in Texas. There were some that pushed back on that, sure. But, most of us were awed by Bosco’s steamrolling of a team that had been right up there among the very best for many years. In reality, Allen finished 7-4 and suffered two additional blowout losses. Guyer won by more points (though a blowout is a blowout) and Lewisville, who has no reputation that most are aware of, hammered them 43-18. As it turns out, the Allen win was really no big deal within the context of nationally elite teams.

Portland Central Catholic, who is quite questionable as a really meaningful win in the first place, was destroyed, 49-17, by West Linn, whose “claim to fame” is being the alma mater of Cade McNown, who is a total unknown to anyone outside of CA or Miami. 

Kahuku is a plodding team that deserves credit for being hard-nosed but is hardly an elite team nationally. That was a home win that didn’t reach running-clock status. 

So, the idea that Bosco, who of course also suffered a loss by double-digits, is supposed to be an indisputable “national champ” is quite laughable.

Except that SJB won the championship by beating Mater Dei.  Which no other team has been able to beat since 2016.

And MD was the same team they lost to by double digits.

No one is dumb enough to state that MC would take 2 of 2 vs MD 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

Except that SJB won the championship by beating Mater Dei.  Which no other team has been able to beat since 2016.

And MD was the same team they lost to by double digits.

No one is dumb enough to state that MC would take 2 of 2 vs MD 

MC would beat both MD and SJB at Traz. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, MC ROCKETS said:

No, but it does trump SJB's loss to MD which all of a sudden people don't want to seem to remember. 

Who has MC played that’s on MD level? Don’t get me wrong I love me some MC football and respect them but I saw them against a weaker SJB last year.

14 minutes ago, 1Since71 said:

Who has MC played that’s on MD level? Don’t get me wrong I love me some MC football and respect them but I saw them against a weaker SJB last year.

When are you people going to stop talking about last year? You don't mention when MD beat SJB by 21 last year. Don't pick and choose what you're going to debate about. 

2 hours ago, MC ROCKETS said:

When are you people going to stop talking about last year? You don't mention when MD beat SJB by 21 last year. Don't pick and choose what you're going to debate about. 

SJB losing by 21 doesn’t help your argument it actually hurts it.If we want to compare teams then last year is all we have to go on.Obviously not a fail proof exercise.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, 1Since71 said:

IMG is the most feared team in America. So uch so that the CIF does not permit its teams to play them. MC beat them in Bradenton. Don't blame the pollsters. Blame the CIF for being pussies. 

52 minutes ago, 1Since71 said:

SJB losing by 21 doesn’t help your argument it actually hurts it.If we want to compare teams then last year is all we have to go on.Obviously not a fail proof exercise.

Over the summer MC got more quality xfers than MD and SJB combined. This year's team is light years better than last seasons. 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Over the summer MC got more quality xfers than MD and SJB combined. This year's team is light years better than last seasons. 

Says the guy who was completely wrong about SFA all year despite every knowledgeable poll and person telling him so